Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eddy & Dave's Garage - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobzKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Eddy & Dave's Garage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just wanted to drop a line thanking Eddy for the quick responses to my questions and the fast delivery of the parts I purchased.... Thanks!

Rob
EDDYOC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: vwvintageparts.com aka Eddy and Dave's Garage Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Just saw this and wanted to thank you for taking the time to post this. It's so easy to post negative things rather than positive, so thank you.

Eddy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
fluxcap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a bbt reproduction cargo door handle from one of Eddy's ads. Handle fits awesome and it accepted my old (broken) cargo door handle's lock cylinder with no issues at all. Super fast shipping and great communication.

Thanks!!!

"It's like, how much more black could this be, and the answer is none.......none more black."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chipster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Eddy and Dave's Garage-vwvintageparts.com Reply with quote

Eddy Collins was great to deal with, helped me order OE-style rubber for my 74 Karmann Ghia through BBT in Belgium.
Highly recommend dealing with these guys: really great parts, excellent service, and very good prices!
Thanks again, Eddy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to report.... an outstanding gentleman to do biz with here on TheSamba.com!

The following corespondance is of interest to ALL future customers of Eddy's:

Me:
You guys are a blessing toi TheSamba.com.... more people should be like you Eddy. I mean it.... I've been waiting to finish this up before I actually posted in a feedback thread. I hope you can understand.

As always... my very best,
Damian

Eddy:

You are too kind Damian.

Thanks again,

Eddy

Me:

Thanks, but you worked for that.... you chose to act in that manor, not I.

Eddy:

As long as it works in a positive way, right?

Me:

You, (and anyone else in this community, for that matter), are only valued at your word, your knowledge, and your testicles.... and then there is always the fact that anything that anyone can/will publicly post testament to your online business, your dealings, your etiquette, and/or your general attitude chronicles your work ethic in such a way that future prospective customers can review the possible results of doing biz with you Eddy. Your attitude has been outstanding too Eddy, your playful, and yet very honest, banter has been duly noticed.

I do thank you for your candor... and for your business.

My very best,
Damian

Eddy:

Thanks again Damian. It's greatly appreciated since I really do try my best, and when you're a small biz owner, this type of feedback makes those oh-so-slow days very worthwhile.

Me:

Etiquette can make ALL the difference necessary to separate the successful businessman from the weaker entrepreneur.

But it is already a descent deal as it is... don't worry about the coupon thing, but when you do end up providing that option to people like me.... it'd be nice to see my name, Busryder, in the credits.

Placing the order now...

Best,
Damian

Eddy:

Right on Damian.

Just got the email. It'll go out tomorrow AM.

Thanks again, and have a great rest of your Sunday.

Me:

Right back at-cha, Eddy!

Wink'

Me:

Here you, bud!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6035760#6035760

Hope to one day meet you in the real world Eddy.... take care, my friend.

-Damian

I apologize for the 'lengthiness' this post.... but Eddy's business etiquette, and smooth mixture of professionalism and personable manorism in doing biz over the Net forces me to post an honest description of my experience in purchasing items from Eddy. He is a good man, and a benefit to this community.

Carry on Eddy!

Sincerely,
Damian Amara

I am a Dick, hear me roar- Laughing

Me, an OVP Lifer...
kevnmarcie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of carbs from Eddy. When they arrived, I discovered that there were some pieces missing, and that there were some problems with the carbs that he had missed.

We are all great sellers when the deal goes right, it's when something goes wrong that we show our true colors. Eddy stepped right up and made everything more than right in my eyes. I would definitely buy from him again in the future. He has shown both integrity and generosity, and I thank him for that.
farnhamassoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: eddy Collins (eddy and daves garage) Reply with quote

Eddy is very personable. His prices are really good. One of the best used and new parts dealers in CA. I found if I call him he usually has a even better deal than on his website.

However it is not Eddy's swap meet so dont try to negotiate. His price he has is fair take it or leave it. I have found that his prices are very fair and have never had to do that.

I now call eddy with a list of parts and prices I can get them for and he works with me to get the best price he can and usually meets or beats the competition hands down. His personal service is even better than the others.

I recently bought a set of door rubber (both doors) from him that was a perfect fit and half the price of the standard competition.

Please be understanding of the recent death of Dave. around 3/2013. He is still reorganizing stuff and getting used to working by himself. So if it takes an extra day to get something it is well worth the wait.
06 Jetta TDI 45mpg
Restored several 11 window kombi and standard
Current inventory 66 delux hard top, so23
60 ragtop and 61 hard top bugs 54 hardtop bug
67 tin top so42 62 SO10 ruthmann bucket truck
moonbow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Thanks Eddy Reply with quote

Just wanted to say "THANKS!" to Eddy for the adjustable beam. Eddy is the sort that goes the extra mile to make a good deal happen. Great price, excellent communication and fast shipping. What more can ya ask for. Don't hesitate to send your business his way...Thanks again!
2nd67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: 67 owners manual Reply with quote

first purchase from eddy but quick replys to questions and fair pricing i have no doubt that my purchase will arrive soon!. the samba is such a cool, old school place to trust people. it is hard to believe that i can say that in this day and age but it is true. i have never been burned in any way and bought parts from all over the country!
Tim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Super Fast Reply with quote

Wow, Paypal sent- A day later the part arrived
Excellent service
Thanks!!!

Annie Dillard

55 Rag Top
67 Westy
Bombero26
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Bought a mesh grey seat cover - original Reply with quote

Eddy is responsive, efficient and very nice as a person. I can see he has a passion for this VW pursuit of ours. The mesh grey seat cover arrived as fast as humanly possible in perfect, "as-described" condition. Not a doubt about the transaction whatsoever. Pleasure doing business with him. I will definitely look forward to doing more business with Eddy.

A+ Smile

Keith B.
67 slider firebus
Kiwinw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: deluxe seat brackets Reply with quote

Great experience working with Eddy. He was super nice to call and talk on the phone, and also send photos of the product. It came faster than I expected and was exactly what he said it would be. Definitely worth checking in with this store if you need anything you can't find elsewhere.

I'll buy from him again.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a early bus link pit kit from Eddy and received it blitzschnell. Great kit and cheaper cost than other supoliers with the same brand. Eddy responded quickly and shipped promptly, well packaged. Would buy from again. Cheers, Eddy et al!

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Jupitereyes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: vwvintageparts.com aka Eddy & Dave's Garage Reply with quote

I just wanted to give Eddy another good review. He was quick to respond to my emails, tried to keep shipping to a minimum, and was a pleasure to deal with. The item sold was just as described, and showed up looking just like it did in the pictures.
Thanks Eddy.
Travis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Eddy & Dave's Garage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I thought I left feedback but guess I didn't. I wanted something only BBT (Belgium) reproduced. BBT has exclusive re-sellers, Eddy and Daves is the place in the US

Eddy went a head and got my order done, I got it quick and it was a fair price, especially considering it came all the way from Europe. I will not hesitate to use them again - very happy customer
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Eddy & Dave's Garage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another purchase from Eddy, a bus drinker holder, which arrived as described and in a timely manner. No issues again, would certainly buy from him in the future. Cheers.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Eddy & Dave's Garage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought the new deluxe rear hatch for my 61 deluxe 15 window. Very pleased. Shipped fast. Thanks Ed
Tony
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
EDDYOC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Eddy & Dave's Garage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thanks Tony! Glad you're happy with the hatch!

Kind regards,

Eddy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
Volks138
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Eddy & Dave's Garage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just wanted to give a shout out to a local VW shop and a genuine guy (Eddy). I know there are lots of places you can go for parts in OC, but its always good to talk with someone who has a passion for the VW culture and knows their stuff. I stopped by recently just to say hi and inquire about some original parts I was looking for. He's always willing to help anyone out with advice or anything else.
EDDYOC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Eddy & Dave's Garage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the kind words. I like to say that I am not just a business owner but also an enthusiast who really enjoys the culture and cars. Having messed around with these cars for quite some time, I have learned a thing or two when it comes to what parts one should or shouldn’t use. I like to pass on that information in order to help guide people into having the best experience possible. It saddens me when people have a bad taste in their mouth when it comes to Volkswagens. I think that may have been tarnished due to bad dealings with the wrong folks or use of substandard parts they may have been sold. This hobby and passion that we all share brings a lot of people together the world over. I’m happy to be a part of it and truly enjoy the acquaintances and friendships that have come about because of it. So thank you again for the kind words and if I can ever be of service again, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: