Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did YOU do to your van today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 461, 462, 463 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Nice interior. I wish I had given more thought to the color…I like the look you went with.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spey Caster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finaly decided I could not trust my Vanagon/Subaru gauges and went nuts buying what I think will be a nice fit with a pod that matches the design. Saw it at
http://bluehighwayvanagon.blogspot.ca/2012/02/monitoring-westlys-vital-signs.html

1. 2002-2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Triple Clock Replacement Pod SKU: GS-WRXD
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/2002-2007-subaru-impreza-wrx-triple-clock-replacement-pod/

2. Tinted 7 Color Water Temperature Gauge SKU: GS-T706
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/tinted-7-color-water-temperature-gauge/

3. 32mm (1-1/4") Water Sender Hose Attachment SKU GS-AW32
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/32mm-1-1-4-water-sender-hose-attachment/

4. Tinted 7 Color Oil Pressure Gauge SKU: GS-T704 (to go onto the rear galley)
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/tinted-7-color-oil-pressure-gauge/

5. Oil Pressure Sensor Harness GS-C-7-SH-06_Ext 18' SKU: GS-C-7-SH-06_Ex
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/replacement-7-colo...r-harness/

6. Tinted 7 Color Volt Gauge SKU: GS-T705
https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/tinted-7-color-volt-gauge/
James Mayfly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I installed a new temp sensor on my 81 Vanagon - hoping it would cure my bucking. I've changed all the spark plugs, rotor, distributor cap, temperature sensor, coil and the fuel filter. And now after driving around for a bit the van runs like a dream but after about 5 minutes of idle it will start to buck, but won't die on me. Any thoughts on the potential cause of the bucking? I'm new to the Samba, so if any one could direct me to a forum that would help me out that would be radical. Thanks!!
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

James Mayfly wrote:
so if any one could direct me to a forum that would help me out that would be radical. Thanks!!

James,

You have the air cooled version, I believe. Although you are in a Vanagon, the engine actually has much more in common with the late Bay's. You could try asking on that forum as well.

Good luck!

-bobby
WestfaliaMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Fixed my "no charge light".. (Hooked up a long lost blue wire) lol
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Team WorldTour wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hi!

Is that the narrow or the wide sliding window vent you have?

I am planning to buy but cannot decide from these photos which is good for me:
http://tk-carparts.de/vw-bus-t3-aufbauteile-frischluftgitter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Those vents were bought from Günzl Classic Parts.
Here are the links for LEFT and RIGHT.
Seeing as you are an EU resident as well, I would HIGHLY recommend you look here for your parts first.
It has been my experience that anything purchased from Günzl will breeze through your State Sponsored Inspection Process.
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Team WorldTour wrote:
Those vents were bought from Günzl Classic Parts.
Here are the links for LEFT and RIGHT.
Seeing as you are an EU resident as well, I would HIGHLY recommend you look here for your parts first.
It has been my experience that anything purchased from Günzl will breeze through your State Sponsored Inspection Process.

Thanks for the info. I like the shop of Thomas Koch as their shipping prices are lower than other shops so usually cheaper to buy the same thing from them. If you are sure that the two items are the same so some research is usually needed Smile
Altough there are some special things that Gunzl has only, so maybe I'll order from them anyway.
Rich_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finished the CV joint replacement today! Only one to the four joints was frozen on the axle - it was the last joint of course, as I thought to myself just before, wow this is going great... Had to find a bigger hammer.

Lobros CVs w Rockford boots.
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Looks G Cool Cool D!

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
teej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

On a last minute run to the grocery store for some thanksgiving ingredients, I noticed we had no reverse lights as I left the house. After getting back, there were still 30 minutes before we had to leave, so:

Did a quick search on the samba, read several threads, enough to understand the circuit. Got under the van to make sure the two male spades were secure on the switch--removed and re-attached both.

Bingo! Lights!

The Samba rocks.
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Yesterday I added a quick connect battery terminal behind the driver seat. I cut the alligator clips off my MV-50 tire pump that I keep in the van. It will save the trouble of opening the battery box to attach the alligator clips each time. I also cut one end off some spare battery cables if I need to jump start someone. I can also use them to connect an extra deep cycle battery for longer trips.

Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

davevickery wrote:
Yesterday I added a quick connect battery terminal behind the driver seat. I cut the alligator clips off my MV-50 tire pump that I keep in the van. It will save the trouble of opening the battery box to attach the alligator clips each time. I also cut one end off some spare battery cables if I need to jump start someone. I can also use them to connect an extra deep cycle battery for longer trips.

That's really smart, Dave. Now I want some, too!!
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Thanks, yah I think I will like it. These are under $10 for a pack of 4 or 5 on ebay and they are universal and can only fit together one way.

Jamo7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Quote:
Lobros CVs w Rockford boots.

Rich_T- you may have already read this, but quite a few Samanistas were getting water in between the stiff Rockford boot and the axle when they didn’t use the clips. I wanted to preserve my fresh, precious CV grease, so I quickly put on the clips after this was brought to my attention.
May you have many trouble-free miles on yours!
James
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I had an ambitious day planned, and got half of it done.
New (manual) steering rack, inner- outer tie rod ends, and on driver's front; upper- and lower ball joints, and new CV boots (inner and outer), plus a wheel alignment.
Lets see how tomorrow goes....
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UngaWunga
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

davevickery wrote:

What brand are those? Thanks.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

well not today, but this weekend I continued to upgrade brake lines to Burley's Stainless. I upgraded a couple of lines where I thought was needed. I wanted to replace ALL lines but it looked like a hell of a job.

I also replaced the Clutch Slave Cylinder. . It was pretty easy to do! I took the time to also upgrade to Burley's stainless for that too. I feel good about replacing it next time (or if on the road). I had one bad spring coil in the rear so I replaced both rear springs with some used ones for $30. This should buy me time before I put the lift springs from GoWesty.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Stopped getting in everyday and driving it.
It sits in the driveway enjoying a well deserved rest.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Changing all the brake lines is not that if you have the right tools I did mine about a year ago
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 461, 462, 463 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Page 462 of 630

Jump to: