Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did YOU do to your van today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 467, 468, 469 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
regis101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Not silly at all. More like, that's awesome!!
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

x2... That's what fun looks like!

Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
WestfaliaMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

dhaavers wrote:
x2... That's what fun looks like!

Cool

- Dave

Thanks Dave
downshifting1984
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Pulled the dash, removed and cleaned heater box (2 bolts gave me a really hard time), sorted PO’s wild wiring, installed an aux battery. Can’t imagine paying someone to do that work!

Nicolas
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Buss Marius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I putt my syncro back on its 4 wheels, for the first time in 51 months. I took the front left Wheel off in December 13 and today i was finaly finished changing the buschings to Powerflex, The only thing not finished is 1 inner Cv boot and i need a ned a ned ARB drop link and put the powerflex bushings on the ARB. I have also changed brake hoses, 4 brake lines (2 i bought, 2 i made) splash plates, Cv booth protection, ball joints on the left side and donne a lot of rust removing from the parts i have worked on.
Tomorow i start working on the rear axle, the engine and start instaling the decoupler. I also have to instasl the Reimo interior and then i can take it to inspection.
Working in a non-heated garage i look forward to the temperature going abow freezing, for the first time since before christmas, next week, if the weather forcast is correct.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I finally completed my engine install after finishing the custom intake manifold. But of course the starter shit the bed, so I haven't started it yet. I have a TDI starter adapter coming later this week. This project took way way longer than anticipated, but then again I became distracted by the acquisition of our much loved EV.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finished the '86 automatic's RnR CVs after finding my lost GW package with the c clips. So, at least the axles are ready. Also, finally got the main pulley free'd from the EJ22, so the t-belt/water pump kit goes in next. Closing in on the end-goal.
pbrown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I installed Dynamat to my roof. I'll be installing 1/2" Dynaliner over this and then installing a new headliner board.

1986 Westy Syncro EJ25
Flickr --> https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQNUXEF
randolph57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finished fitting the dash after heater/blower replacement ,PWM upgrade,New bug screen/mesh in roof canvas and black case Fiamma F45s awning.
Ready for whenever it stops snowing/raining/blowing! Smile

bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Randolf57, wow, that is really nice! Good work!
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I dig the color randolph!
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I got the rear end jacked up to finally address the rear axle that fell off back in January. Got all my tools lined up that I would need, my new axle ready, and crawled under. The axle bolts were hex heads and I had 12 points. After failing to find my hex bits I packed everything, lowered the van, and cursed the world.

Yesterday was the nicest day so far to be able to work on the van and now I will be out of town for the next 2 weeks. Sigh.
rmcd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
I finally completed my engine install after finishing the custom intake manifold. But of course the starter shit the bed, so I haven't started it yet. I have a TDI starter adapter coming later this week. This project took way way longer than anticipated, but then again I became distracted by the acquisition of our much loved EV.

Hey Casey. Are those small tubes a methanol system? Doooooo tell?! Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

I got my new voltage regulator today, pulled the alternator out and it didn't fit... sigh
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

rmcd wrote:
Zeitgeist 13 wrote:

Hey Casey. Are those small tubes a methanol system? Doooooo tell?! Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks

Do you mean the green and yellow lines? Those are the boost signal lines for the LDA, wastegate actuator and boost gauge. Now I'm kicking myself for not welding in another bung, since I have a complete water/methanol injection system...I also have a complete propane injection system, but that's probably not the foolish endeavor I'm looking for.

I fired it up yesterday, after many many rotations on a borrowed TDI starter. I was only able to get the pump to prime by stuffing the inlet hose into a container of ATF. I suspect my MB fuel filter setup may not be drawing well, as those engines use a small lift pump to push fuel into the filter, while the VW pumps have internal suction pumps--at least that's my theory. Since I still have the original ALH filter I'll mount that up today. I'm also building the A/C lines and mounting up the cruise actuator.

Oh, and welding up my rear shock extensions...and finishing wiring up all the VDO gauges...and...

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
wesitarz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finished installing front door remote door locks from set of 4 from EBay. About $30 CAN delivered. Since I already had electric door locks, just had to drill 2 new holes for the actuator and the controller fits behind the glovebox with easy access to battery 12v,ground and tap into all the door lock wiring. They work really well,faster and more positive than the old VW door locks. Next have to see if I can swap in new actuators in the sliding door and hatch or I may just leave them manual especially the hatch.

12Paths
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

(Not my van)Bad photoshop job I did...you’re welcome

Just ordered all the parts for my Subaru swap and front and rear suspension! Hopefully it won’t take me a year to complete lol
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Spring work season begins!

With temps forecast above 40 degrees (finally! Laughing ) I turned on the garage heater & started by installing
my new <cheap> ARB-knockoff awning. Many more projects to come...Happy first week of Spring! Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

R&R'ed my rear bench, a long overdue project. Tons of cruft and crud and debris back under there on the sides. Not a difficult job but made more complex by the fact the ECU and fuel pump relay are mounted to one wall and I have a battery combiner and solar charge controller mounted on another, plus the house battery. So I just shifted it as far as I could without removing everything, drove over to the car wash to use their vacuums, and then put it all back together. Lost one lock nut under the whole mess at the very end Evil or Very Mad

Pro-tip: the Bentley cautions that the circuit breaker can be damaged when you pull the bench out. I removed the cover plate, unscrewed the breaker, and shoved it back into the hole so it was out of the way.

I really need to pull the other cabinets and this was a trial run for that. I have seen estimates of 2-3 hours to pull the cabinets. Looks more like 2-3 days for me…

Interesting how much louder the motor/transaxle are with the seat moved. The trans does whine in every gear… Sad

Also, the sun was strong enough today to allow the combiner to work its magic and charge both batteries with the 50W panel. Wasn't expecting that this early.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers

Last edited by Paulbeard on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chestercopperpot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Finished sealing my new center console.

Have some space inside for a small non sine inverter? Not sure.
May do some usbs out the rear. Ordered an led for some cupholder illumination but it's on the slow boat.

Hope to see my vinyl e brake cover by next weekend.

So nice to have cupholders!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 467, 468, 469 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Page 468 of 630

Jump to: