Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
human compass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

Hey all,

Moving to Boston and renting a house without parking for the first year. Anyone local know of any good winter storage or even better a rental space that has room to do work on the old girl?

Thanks!
floodwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

I am in Cambridge and there are a few of us around. I street park my van, but I am on a quiet one way street.

Unfortunately, no rental spaces to speak of, but hit us up when you move up here, there are a few van owners in the area.
human compass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

sweet! I'll be moving to Cambridge! I would love your thoughts on van friendly inspection shops and local knowledgeable repair shops!
ronL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

Hi welcome to New England! Two decent repair shops, Lien's in Attleboro off
I-95S sort of far from you and another is Greg's VW Repair in Natick which is closer. Greg is West of Cambridge off of rt. 9W on rt 27S
human compass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

awesome! thanks!
floodwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

Shoot me PM when you move here and we can link up over some beers
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

Extra Space Storage or Cube Smart Storage. If the do not have a garage big enough they might have outside storage.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
human compass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

thank you all, looking forward to hanging with you all. Just went by the new place we're renting. It's over near Porter sqaure. My neighbors are gonna love the sound of my svx vanagon firing up! Shocked
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

human compass wrote:
sweet! I'll be moving to Cambridge! I would love your thoughts on van friendly inspection shops and local knowledgeable repair shops!

Rule number 1, don’t call Cambridge Boston (as most of the rest Mass does) or you will be in trouble with the locals.
P.S. - look into West River Westies and Transportefest and the mostly N.E. Club LiMBO.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
human compass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

I thought rule number 1 was not to talk about cambridge?
floodwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston area winter storage/shop space/covered parking Reply with quote

Formally known as The People's Republic of Cambridge
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: