Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

littlebuggie - [email protected] - Andy McCarthy
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: littlebuggie
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 09, 2021
ento Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: littlebuggie - [email protected] - Andy McCarthy Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
I have emailed you a couple of times since your reply. I am coming on here in hopes of getting a reply before I move on to the next step. Which I would hate to do. You have my email and my order # is VPIH-083749. I will try calling you as well which is an avenue I haven't tried.

EDIT

Tried calling you. no luck
64,66,67,68 bug
69,70 bay
61 Ragtop bug, 61 sedan(looking for the vert)
61 RHD Ragtop Semaphore bug fakeAF
64,64 KG
74 thing
55 oval
70 ratrod
73 fastback pignose
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ento Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: littlebuggie - [email protected] - Andy McCarthy Reply with quote

So I have filed a dispute with PayPal. Still no response from Andy either to me or PayPal. Unfortunately I would not recommend this seller. I held out hope but at this point it's pretty clear I'm not getting the parts.
64,66,67,68 bug
69,70 bay
64,64 KG
74 thing
55 oval
70 ratrod
73 fastback pignose
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: littlebuggie - [email protected] - Andy McCarthy Reply with quote

Since he hasn't visited in 2 months, I also removed the one ad he had running
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Absoluteyeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: littlebuggie - [email protected] - Andy McCarthy Reply with quote

Everett, Just an FYI he has active ads up again and I'm having a similar issue with him not returning email and Instagram messages. Here is my current experience with littlebuggie (aka Subisquared, aka andy)

So here's my cautionary story about this guy so far (I'm giving it a day or so before i file a paypal claim against him to get my money back and hopefully put his funds on hold until he answers everyone he's ignoring back.)

July 27th
Found this guy on instagram (subisquared) through another guy i follow, he has some sweet subaru engine hangers for bolting into Type 3.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
3 by Absolute Yeti, on Flickr

Asked him how to order (notice down the way there was another person asking where their product was, didn't see that until later)

Ordered maybe moments later. paid with paypal because i like the protection from scammers and it has my verified address something i use all the time and have never had issues with.
6 by Absolute Yeti, on Flickr

these are pictures from his website https://subisquared.bigcartel.com/products
4 by Absolute Yeti, on Flickr
website by Absolute Yeti, on Flickr

seems reasonable, looks like he's actually trying to run a small business (paypal receipt comes back as McCarthys Balancing aka [email protected])
reciept two by Absolute Yeti, on Flickr

August 10th (~2 weeks after purchase)
Okay, shortly after buying the hanger through his website I messaged him just to get a general timeline as i'm in and out for work typically.
He states he just cut a batch of them and should be able to ship them out Monday (no worries there)
a by Absolute Yeti, on Flickr
2 by Absolute Yeti, on Flickr

Now it's been almost a month since i last heard from him, I'm giving him a few days to respond to my message before i submit a paypal dispute with all the documentation I've gathered.

Honestly I'd like to think he means well but I'm losing faith this guy isn't just stealing money based on the things i've been hearing and the fact he's still very active on instagram with his recent VW BBQ he designed and created. Incidently I found this phone number tied to his subisquared (andy) account on https://zamaye.com/user/subisquared 209.324.2352 (left a voicemail asking for followup and letting him know i will be submitting a paypal dispute on Monday 9/9/19

I will follow up with details as they occur, I'm hoping this gathering of information is found by others to avoid the same issues.[/b]
ento Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: littlebuggie - [email protected] - Andy McCarthy Reply with quote

That is basically how my transaction with him went down too. I even tried calling him but if I remember correctly the # doesn't work. I got my money returned by paypal thankfully as it seems he never even replied to them either. really an unfortunate transaction since I had really hoped to put his hi torque starter adapters to work and potentially ordered many more than my original order of 5.
64,66,67,68 bug
69,70 bay
64,64 KG
74 thing
55 oval
70 ratrod
73 fastback pignose
Absoluteyeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: littlebuggie - [email protected] - Andy McCarthy Reply with quote

Having attempted to contact him a few times through paypal I ended up submitting my escalation with Paypal. I see no chance of him owning up to things at this point having not heard back from him since August 10th.

Disappointing to say the least
Absoluteyeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: littlebuggie - [email protected] - Andy McCarthy Reply with quote

Ultimately he never responded to Paypal so I was refunded. It'll be the last I speak of it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: