Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things your van did recently
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

^^^ Cute puppy! Cool

Me, recently:
1) Cleared garage, loaded half a summer’s recycling to town, then…
2) Cleared classroom, loaded 40 years accumulated teaching materials back home.

Now to fix an exhaust leak & grease CV joints, then I’m finally ready for a good stint of extended fall camping…

Ah, retirement! Laughing

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

dhaavers wrote:
^^^ Cute puppy! Cool

Me, recently:
1) Cleared garage, loaded half a summer’s recycling to town, then…
2) Cleared classroom, loaded 40 years accumulated teaching materials back home.

Now to fix an exhaust leak & grease CV joints, then I’m finally ready for a good stint of extended fall camping…

Ah, retirement! Laughing

- Dave

Congratulations! I am envious. Smile

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Klister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

MallusWallus wrote:

It is an old van, so I just gotta get used to all the noises.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Been there. What is that rattle?
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Perfect weather for a day at Dog Beach, and a picnic afterward, so off we went.
More dogs than people at the Dog Beach on Lake Michigan, so our Dog was thrilled. Afterwards we stopped at our favorite Mexican restaurant and picked up Lunch to go. Found a very nice shady spot next to a Park some blocks North of where we live, so we dropped the side table down, opened windows and the Slider and had Lunch.
Once we polished off Lunch, tacos and Tostados, it was off to Dairy Queen for dessert… Laughing
No counting calories today I guess… Razz
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
dhaavers wrote:
Ah, retirement! Laughing

Congratulations! I am envious. Smile

Keep at it, love what you do, pay yourself first…you’ll get there! Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Today was moving my boy back to college, about 150 miles South. Forgot to snap pix of the college stuff, I'm daft I guess.

The return trip had air cooled parts from sister / BIL for my Notch project. Heads, a short block, multiple boxes of bits and bobs, and the coop dee grass; a type 3 longblock that isn't seized!!! Cool beans!! Thanks Sis/BIL!!

Mpg with about 800 extra pounds each leg was 18.2. Some A/C engaged, but not the whole trip.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Perhaps I misunderstood; the engine seen above is a CB code engine, which makes it a type 2 engine 72-73, 1700cc. Probably not useful in the '63 Notch project, without serious concessions. Hmmm... Sad
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Perhaps I misunderstood; the engine seen above is a CB code engine, which makes it a type 2 engine 72-73, 1700cc. Probably not useful in the '63 Notch project, without serious concessions. Hmmm... Sad
So, cancel that coop dee grass for now?... Wink
I hope you find the engine you are looking for. A '63 Notch is NOT an everyday Type 3 vehicle... Shocked Shocked Shocked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

jlrftype7 wrote:
bobbyblack wrote:
I hope you find the engine you are looking for. A '63 Notch is NOT an everyday Type 3 vehicle... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Strangely true; There are some trim bits that seem to indicate it is a '64. I'll have to dig a bit more into the VIN. I'll actually be lucky if it is a '64, as the engine area is modified for some larger bits, like dual carbs, I think. I need to take some better pictures of the engine. Somehow I just can't remember enough about it.
TomInAlaska
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Drove up the very steep gravel road to Arctic Valley to hunt for blueberries. Van did amazing, no issues whatsoever, but the berries were a little past prime and picked over. And it got cloudy and windy and I was a little underdressed so packed it in after only getting about about a pint of berries. Views were worth the trip in any event.

'84 GL adventure van project (1.9L, 4speed) https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755844&highlight=
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
jlrftype7 wrote:
bobbyblack wrote:

Strangely true; There are some trim bits that seem to indicate it is a '64. I'll have to dig a bit more into the VIN. I'll actually be lucky if it is a '64, as the engine area is modified for some larger bits, like dual carbs, I think. I need to take some better pictures of the engine. Somehow I just can't remember enough about it.
Well Bobby, you DO HAVE more than a few vehicles to look after on your property..... Razz Razz
You should be able to be forgiven for getting all their personal details muddled from time to time.... Smile
indianpeaksjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Cruise down Kane Creek.

-Joe
Klister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Sweet!
indianpeaksjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Got all the pups out when the desert finally cooled down. Then I got in a short evening cruise.
indianpeaksjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Cruising.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Finally determined that a Queen box spring goes on top of, not in sides bus. So, after work yesterday, strapped it on and headed down to Iowa City to drop it off at my son's apartment. Then, drove over to my sisters house and picked up a boiler they'd replaced on misdiagnosed plumber logic.. The new one did the same thing, so eventually their heat got fixed. But, score for me, it'll get used here, somewhere, sometime. I was going to driveway camp down there last PM, but the furnace was just big enough to not let the bed fold flat Sad so we drove home again. Got stopped by a friendly police officer to tell me a brake light was out. I said I could fix that in two seconds, he said he'd wait and watch while I did it. Thump thump on the tail light housing, and brake light back on, he just chuckled and said, yup, that's fixed! No ticket. It was 1:00 AM, so I guess he was looking for other kinds of offenses that would be easily spotted or smelled, and clearly I didn't fit those categories.

Googledave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Got rained on.

Kdj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Went camping above the ohio river.
Jeffrey Lee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Used the Westy to haul gear for a trade show booth at a local car show today. The kids wanted to climb to the upper bunk; the aspiring vanlife hipsters wanted to hear about our travels.

The old gal turns 40 in March, and has the rough edges to show for it, but she still slowly but steadfastly does month-long road trips.

At the end of the day, as I was loading gear back in and looking forward to our upcoming 4000-mile road trip, someone asked if we were part of the car show.

I looked over at the chromey Camaros and pampered Porsches, some being loaded back onto their trailers.

"Nah, she's less a show pony and more of a workhorse."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Jump to:
Page 81 of 89

Jump to: