Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

I'm betting most of y'all have seen this. I just received mine and I ldig the heck out of it! I think its a rad idea and wanted to share it with those that aren't into Facebook. Super good communication and service from them, too. They also make neat speaker plates for the front doors, replacement baffles for round headlight grills, and a few other things Vanagon related. Great people! Check em out!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SteveMc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

Too bad they are only on Facebook. Looks like they have some interesting stuff.
ledogboy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

Neat! I quit Facebook earlier this year, so hadn't seen these. I did buy some of his speaker plates and they worked great! I finally have some decent sounding speakers that don't rattle due to door card mounting. Thanks for posting.
Some people call him Maurice...
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

Brilliant
I too do not do fakebook
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

Yes, build a website to be more inclusive. Looks like some great products I never would have known about without this post. They could be losing business by using a proprietary media platform.
Facebook is a product, not a form of communication. I don't like being forced to use a product I'm not interested in.
Is there any way to see the prices of these products?

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

Are the panel mount pins removable or are they the xmas tree style?
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:

$169 in Black $179 colors
[email protected]

No affiliation...I just have FB
vanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

syncrodoka wrote:

Tree Style on the one that I got. On the plus side...He sent 20 but you only need 18!
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
photogdave wrote:

$169 in Black $179 colors
[email protected]

No affiliation...I just have FB

THX. Nanaimo! I'm in Courtenay.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

vanatic wrote:
syncrodoka wrote:

Tree Style on the one that I got. On the plus side...He sent 20 but you only need 18!

Thank you.
I have been watching the product progress and want to pick one up but i have to get the hatch repainted at some point and it would need to come off.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

Tell me more about the use of this product. I sleep head to the tailgate and am concerned that it would consume needed space thta keeps my feet from hanging off the bed.

Do you know what you'll keep in it? Bedding would be a possibility since it would not be there when sleeping.

Thanks.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
valvecovergasket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

really clever storage idea. thats awesome!

also shame theyre only on FB

gone, but not forgotten: '83 tdi westy - swap thread
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
Tell me more about the use of this product. I sleep head to the tailgate and am concerned that it would consume needed space thta keeps my feet from hanging off the bed.

It doesnt take any extra space. It's recessed in the door. Great way to add some storage. And if its filled with bedding it'll act as insulation for heat and sound!
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

I really like these. From what I've read on the Vanagon Owners Group, they're well-made. Unfortunately with my raised engine lid plus rear mattress, I don't think I'd be able to access the pockets easily from inside.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

JoeT it zips down from the top.

Jimf this could provide more headroom if sleeping on your side. Laughing

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
jimf909 wrote:

It doesnt take any extra space. It's recessed in the door. Great way to add some storage. And if its filled with bedding it'll act as insulation for heat and sound!

Sodo wrote:
JoeT it zips down from the top.

Jimf this could provide more headroom if sleeping on your side. Laughing

Wow! That's the opposite of what I thought it was and is brilliant!

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
DaveBird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

Greetings!
Dave Bird here... Vogel Werks Designs is my endeavour. I just signed up for Samba, so new to this site. I understand many people don't use FB, so please email me at [email protected] with any questions. We hope to hang a website soon! So many things to do with a start up!
About me: I live in Eugene, OR and have an 85 GL Tin Top, and an 87 Tin Top. The 85 is my fun toy... I'm a product designer, and love making things.

Hope you like what you've seen of my Vangaroo rear hatch stowage unit...
Talk to you soon!

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

DaveBird wrote:
Greetings!
Dave Bird here... Vogel Werks Designs is my endeavour. I just signed up for Samba, so new to this site. I understand many people don't use FB, so please email me at [email protected] with any questions. We hope to hang a website soon! So many things to do with a start up!
About me: I live in Eugene, OR and have an 85 GL Tin Top, and an 87 Tin Top. The 85 is my fun toy... I'm a product designer, and love making things.

Talk to you soon!

Dave

Welcome! Excited to see your designs. You can speak to the site admins here about having a thread you can update with ongoing news, as other small businesses do.

Cheers!

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

valvecovergasket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

emailed!

Smile

gone, but not forgotten: '83 tdi westy - swap thread
Alaskaberrys Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Vogel Werks Designs Rear Hatch Storage aka The Vangaroo Reply with quote

DaveBird wrote:
Greetings!

Talk to you soon!

Dave

Really cool idea! Great to see another specialized product out there, especially one that helps stow a few more items. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: