Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ok more problems with my Bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you, by chance, check all of the rubber stoppers on the carb vacuume fittings? Umm, tighten the carb to manifold. Look for crackes in the intake boots. Maybe the brass plug thing on the Alt side of carb backed out and is sitting on the engin tin. Plugged idle jet holes in the ventri... I don't Know, dude. More info is needed to eliminate possible probs.
dillon schuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldn't you guys be working there is allways some one on
I am in school
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dillon, run by barnes and noble or bugformace and grab the idio0t book. there is a good section on adjusting the carb. too much to type for me, but the idiot book nails it in easy to understand terms
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got out of classes at 11, then went to lunch with my Hot-Ass Gf, then I'm here watchin' my nephew so my sis can go to her Crimm class, workin' is for suckers.... (Im just Kidding about the "sucker" remark)
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what did the mechanic say when you took it to him before you bought it?

if your response is that you didn't take it to a mechanic, then you should seriously consider getting a professional mechanic to look at it now. I am not saying this to be a jackass, I am saying this because it is the easiest thing that you can do, and it will save you a lot of headache and wasted time. a professional could likely fix these problems in a few hours, while it will take you weeks to fix them and it will frustrate you in the process.

does your bus need a new wiring harness, or did they just bodge in an alternator and the rest is fine? are you going to waste $200 and a week putting that in when a professional mechanic could fix the wiring in an hour?

you need hands on expertise on the vehicle. the internet can help, but it is not everything.

if you can't afford a mechanic and you don't know how to work on them yourself, then you should consider riding a bike until you can afford to drive the vehicle.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind is right. However, If you're doing well in classes and pass tests relatively easily, then it is a safe bet that you're a studious individual and would greatly benefit from either of the manuals mentioned above... At least go to Barnes on the way home from classes and take a look, if this dosent interest you a cold $20 goes a long way on a short lunch break at this time of the month at the local sevice station. A quick twenty bones in twenty minutes is side job beer $$$ for a slap-stick shop handy person. (just a thought while they are still free) Don't pay til she purrs though.
winmotors
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dillon schuh wrote:
shouldn't you guys be working there is allways some one on
I am in school

Work? I am at work? Just lots of down time....
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busryder wrote:
Lind is right. However, If you're doing well in classes and pass tests relatively easily, then it is a safe bet that you're a studious individual and would greatly benefit from either of the manuals mentioned above... At least go to Barnes on the way home from classes and take a look, if this dosent interest you a cold $20 goes a long way on a short lunch break at this time of the month at the local sevice station. A quick twenty bones in twenty minutes is side job beer $$$ for a slap-stick shop handy person. (just a thought while they are still free) Don't pay til she purrs though.

You haven't been to Sac, do not take your bus to some idiot fuck stick at the gas station, take it to someone who knows what they are doing and won't fuck you. I'd offer help, but all these damn post kind of bother me since you passed on two good running buses here in town before you bought that clunker cause it looked cool and had 2 extra windows. When you save up 200.00 pm me and I'll point you to the place to take it too.
dillon schuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason i bought it was because of all the rust work done and new suspension I had a panel welded in my bug a year ago and that set me back 800. I bought this beacause it was compleat. Yes the engine wasent running when i bought but i learn as i go all the things in it are good and all the really expensive things are done. The reason i passed up other buses was because one didn't have a pink and the other was tooo rusty
That is why i bought this bus not just for the 2 windows Confused
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're smart, dillon, you will BUY the fukin' book, read it, and fix your own damn problem.... The local service station was sarcasm. If you have been watching your sceane, then you know whose a "fuck stick" and who ain't.
dillon schuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree i have the dummie book and need the bently book
thanks for you help it means alot to me
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busryder wrote:
If you're smart, dillon, you will BUY the fukin' book, read it, and fix your own damn problem.... The local service station was sarcasm. If you have been watching your sceane, then you know whose a "fuck stick" and who ain't.

Obviously he hasn't cause if he was in the "scene" he would have folks "in the know" helpin him out.....Dad has a Porsche, Bro has a Notch, why the fuck ain't they out there turning wrenches with you? there is more than we know going on here.
dillon schuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am the only one with the pacients i keep the notch running and dad works on the body of the bus
I am the grease monkey they dont know a thing about engines
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is he blu's crews?
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
is he blu's crews?
Nope... Dillon want's to figure it out himself. Dad won't always be there when he needs help, and he won't be guarenteed competency on the open road with just a rondom "citizen on patrol".
dillon schuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man exactly that is what vw is about learning yourself
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dillon schuh wrote:
BUY the damn book, Dillon. Cool
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get back to the issue.. I don't like bein' Moderated by Everett at all. Dillon, did you mess with the carb today or go drink beer with the fuck stick at the gas station?
dillon schuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i know bently book
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busryder wrote:
dillon schuh wrote:
BUY the damn book, Dillon. Cool

Learning by yourself is one thing, but a good mentor is never matched.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: