Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kadrons accel pump dripping after shutdown
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Kadrons accel pump dripping after shutdown Reply with quote

One of my kadrons accel pump tube drips after I shut my engine down. Only noticed it when it was up to operating temp , not sure if it will do the same thing when cold....so here's my setup.

67 with stock 1600dp and doghouse tin.

Facet fuel pump up front, holley fuel pressure reg just before the carbs, set to about 1-1.5 psi.

Check balls installed and carbs have been cleaned out well.

Other than this they run fine....Any ideas??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excessive fuel level in the float bowl, excessive fuel pressure, dirty/worn/damaged needle and seat, hanging float, sticking check ball.

Or EMPI Kadrons.. chock fulla joy.
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are an older set but were probably an empi kit. I replaced the original brass floats recently with the plastic type due to one breaking at the solder point but didn't check the fuel level.

I'm confident that my fuel pressure is low enough as my reg won't go any lower.

What is the correct level in the float bowl? After I check that I'm gonna pull the acc pump tube and try to clean/polish the check ball.

Next step after that is to clean up an old set of baby webers I've had on the shelf for a while.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the level about 3/4" below the top of the body.

How does having your regulator at the lowest setting ensure to you that the pressure is right? What kind of regulator do you have?
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Holley 1-4 psi with a mr gasket guage. It reads between 1&2psi approx.

I'll check the level in the next couple of days... How do you keep excess fuel from dumping into the bowl when you pull the top off the carb? Should I pull the built-in filter and let that fuel drain from there before checking the level?
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pinch the line close to the inlet, or take it off, close enough. Kadrons are Flintstones carbs, just gotta get close on the settings.
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mharney wrote:
Kadrons are Flintstones carbs
Laughing

Does that mean they're easy enough for a caveman?? Laughing

The part I don't understand is why fuel would be forced thru the accel pump and not just come out of the overflow vent...

Could my crappy stock kadron linkage be expanding/contracting enough when I shut down the engine to "pull" the throttle open? They only drip for about 15-20 seconds then quit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: