Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ZSI - [email protected] - ZS Imports
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: ZSI
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 24, 2024
remraf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: ZSI - [email protected] - ZS Imports Reply with quote

http://www.zs-imports.com/

I just stumbled across them on the web. Aside from a "wanky" website they have a ton of conversion parts/kits and motors.

They also have new 1.9 TD longblocks for sell for a pretty decent price.

Anyone used or know something about the second kit from the top on this page? http://www.zs-imports.com/Mechanical/hardware.htm

I've never seen them mentioned here. I've thought about going the tiico route but don't want to buy their motor. They sell the mounts/parts minus the motor.

Moderator Notes:
Other names / emails
zsimports - [email protected]
ZS_Imports - [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
see also: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142144

I advise taking caution when dealing with this seller due to some of the feedback in this thread.
D Clymer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across their website a few months ago, and yes it is pretty impressive what they can supply. They are basically a Eurospec and Overland Parts distributor. That's where most of their new crate motors come from. Those factory new 1.9TDs are an excellent buy at $2900. I like the looks of the 15 degree mounting kit. They've fabricated carrier bars that mount in the factory diesel locations, yet they use standard VW hydro mounts. The 15 degree setup is still a hard one for me to warm up to, though. Even in a syncro, the engine won't quite fit under the cover.

Strange thing is, no one here seems to have any experience with ZS Imports. I know they sell items on eBay under the name "VanMania" and they were also the company that was advertising a huge closing out sale on Craigslist about a year and a half ago. The ad kept running and running, and looked to me like a hoax, so I've looked upon their site warily, but if they're for real, their Vanagon offerings sure do look tempting.

David
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
remraf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 15 degree kits won't clear the cover on a syncro? Does the 15 deg kit have any inherent advantages over the 50? Any idea if they manufacture the 4 cyl kits themselves?

Odd, I just checked vwvortex forum for vanagons and noticed there is a recent post on this company. The guy references vanmania on ebay. I think he had a problem w/ a decal he bought from them.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some Westfalia decals from them and had no problem. Fast shipping, good price.

I did email them to ask whether they truly had SA Sunburst Alloys or not (as listed on their site) and never got a response.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D Clymer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remraf wrote:
The 15 degree kits won't clear the cover on a syncro? Does the 15 deg kit have any inherent advantages over the 50? Any idea if they manufacture the 4 cyl kits themselves?

Odd, I just checked vwvortex forum for vanagons and noticed there is a recent post on this company. The guy references vanmania on ebay. I think he had a problem w/ a decal he bought from them.

Yes, there are advantages to mounting the inline 4 at 15 degrees. If the engine is a turbo, the oil return line works with no modifications. Also, the late model (hydraulic) mounts used by the 15 degree mounting are much better than the old diesel mounts used by the 50 degree. There are some that feel the hydraulic lifters don't work well on the 50 degree engines. Also, there is more room created for the intake manifold and airbox. But, alas, even with the extra height of the syncro engine bay, the engine will still protrude by about 2". That's the killer for me. I don't like raised engine covers.

David
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Witless Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask this question on the Diesel Vanagon list, you'll get more reviews on Vic & ZS than you could ever want to read.

All of it bad news. Some interesting threats of lawsuits from Vic's various family members.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Diesel-Vanagon/
Perales
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a thread here not long ago about Vic Ahmed and his wife trying to sell a Syncro truck with an incorrect VIN Number as I recall. I would be careful here. This is their company if I am not mistaken.
fastheartmart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Z&S imports Reply with quote

I was told by a friend that someone on this list was curios about ordering something from "Z&S imports". I could go on and on about this company, but don't have the time or energy. You can check out my thread at the diesel vanagon list on yahoo.com titled "trial by fire" for my horror story. The quick advice I would give for anyone ordering for "Z&S imports" is make sure you have some recourse for recovering your money if something does happen. I stupidly paid with a cashier's check because Vic would not accept anything else. Also, don't expect any customer service from this company. Getting them to communicate is almost impossible.

"Fast Heart" Martin
'82 Westy 1.9td AAZ, DK tranny, WVO
Albuquerque, New Mexico
metalwoodstone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have delt with them - they burned me

I ordered a set of decals and a SA grill kit, got the decals but not the grill... emailed them for a tracking # on the parcel and they said
" we don't have anything like that " and that was it...
WTF?
I got no satisfaction from them, they couldn't give two shts about customer service, the whole operation is sketchy. They also ran a bogus "auction" site called "ubidzmall" where they where the only ones posting stuff for sale. When anything didn't go for their asking price they just refused to honor the deal. Total scammers in my opinion, buyer beware.
?Waldo?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was present on the dieselvanagon group when a couple different folks from Z+S Imports posted. I was suitably negatively impressed by their communications that I will not do business with them despite the fact that they carry a lot of things I am keenly interested in and are also within reasonable driving distance from me. They made TK seem like a warm and fuzzy, smooth talking diplomat. Shocked

Andrew
remraf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. It's weird, I just had an odd feeling about them from looking at their site and reading some of the copy.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Z - S imports Vic Ahmad STAY AWAY Reply with quote

Stay as far as you can from Vic and his brother. his excuses are lame when he actually returns calls. His return policy changes by the minute or which ever way the wind blows. Packing boxes with promised items is not something he thinks is necessary. Unless it has a line item on a bill or receipt which you never get , ( it most have gotten lost in the mail ) tough luck.
When you call and order ,all things great. Once he has your money ,all bets are off. To his defense ,the 1Z TDi I bought was delivered quickly,packed well and seems to runs with out a hitch. The extra parts I needed ,which were negotiated with Vic when buying engine never arrived. I had to spend $150.00 to buy what I needed and his brothers answer was "we didn't charge you for it so we will not replace it.
Vic I hope you read this, I'd love the Sambites to hear your side of the story.
I sign off as a once loyal customer of Z+S and Vic Ahmad.

Stacy Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew A. Libby wrote:
I was present on the dieselvanagon group when a couple different folks from Z+S Imports posted. I was suitably negatively impressed by their communications that I will not do business with them despite the fact that they carry a lot of things I am keenly interested in and are also within reasonable driving distance from me. They made TK seem like a warm and fuzzy, smooth talking diplomat. Shocked

Andrew

WHAT! TK IS a warm fuzzy.... well, sometimes just the opposite of a diplomat.
But he is 100% reliable source of Vanagon parts and very generous. Just prone to very un- politically-correct statements occasionally.
Yeah, I admit I've know and corresponded with him for many years. But I don't think he treats me differently.
Vic Ahmed? I want to like the guy, but I don't know if he even really exists. He has certainly never answered any emails I've sent. BUT, I've been ripped by his wife many times.
And I've heard MANY horror stories. But a few on the Diesel Vanagon Yahoo list have had good results buying from him.
So, If you deal with Vic at all, I'd recommend you do it face to face and pay with a Visa card or something else with recourse.
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
?Waldo?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't make any comment (or even inference IMO) regarding TKs reliability, generosity or good nature. I just commented on his verbiage as an example that I imagine anyone on the Samba Vanagon list can relate to.

Andrew
D Clymer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another thread with some poor input on ZS Imports.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3534139
foodeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, I was just looking at some of their hoses to buy for my van. The prices seem good and I dont need a whole "kit" of hoses, but if the product sucks when/if you get it, a good price means nothing. Good customer service is as important to me as a good product.

Maybe there should be a thread about vendors that people had had problems or very good experiences with. Just a thought.
'87 Vanagon Syncro-RIP
'81 diesel rabbit-sold
'82 Vanagon auto-RIP
internet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Z & S Imports Reply with quote

ZS_Imports wrote:
Huh?

Rolling Eyes

"Principal : Waqar Ahmed, Owner/Manager"

"BBB Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record..."

"The Bureau has been UNABLE to confirm this company has a valid local business license..."

For more info see this link:
http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=64464

Grizzly_black
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed these guys many times asking about their diesel engines and conversion parts. After I didn't receive a response I tried calling them. Left several messages on their voice mail and still no response. If they keep this up we will not need to worry about what kind of products they sell or if they are good honest people to deal with. Maybe we can benefit from the "going out of business" sale.

Grizz
internet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly_black wrote:
I have emailed these guys many times asking about their diesel engines and conversion parts. After I didn't receive a response I tried calling them. Left several messages on their voice mail and still no response. If they keep this up we will not need to worry about what kind of products they sell or if they are good honest people to deal with. Maybe we can benefit from the "going out of business" sale.

Grizz

This is how they "make their money":

http://gnarlodious.com/Vanagon/WARNING_-_Z&S_Imports

Read their "outstanding" eBay feedback (note they also got negative from SELLERS):

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=vanamania&Dirn=Received+by&Many=ON&ref=home

Feedback you can expect to get FROM them:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=vanamania&Dirn=Left+by&Many=ON&ref=home

Also don't be fooled by this eBay knockoff "mall" they run, yes you WILL be outbid since they are both the SELLER and the SITE OWNER!!

http://www.aboutus.org/Ubidzmall.com

internet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
I bought some Westfalia decals from them and had no problem.

Look closer at them, they are knockoffs, and poor such at that!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3534139
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: