Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Windshield Washer '79 Super Beetle
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chefpeon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Windshield Washer '79 Super Beetle Reply with quote

Thank you very much Tim Donahoe! Would you possibly be able to post a link to the part, or tell me what it's called so I can do a search? My plan B was an electric pump, but that's only if I can't make this original system work. Thanks again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Windshield Washer '79 Super Beetle Reply with quote

Annie, Wolfsburg West part number:

111953519G

Go to their site and punch in the above in the Search function.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Windshield Washer '79 Super Beetle Reply with quote

Oops! There is a problem with Wolfsburg West's description on the switch. An older catalog I have says one thing, their web site says something else.

Their tel # 1-888-965-3937

Tim

Richard O'Brien
chefpeon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Windshield Washer '79 Super Beetle Reply with quote

Ah! OK, I see....I need to replace the entire wiper switch, is that right? Your link was to a wiper switch on a different year Beetle, so I found this, for my 72 Super: http://www.jbugs.com/product/111953519H&Store_Code=JBUGS.html

This is the thing I need, correct?

Thanks again again!
Annie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield Washer '79 Super Beetle Reply with quote

Yep.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
quantumchaos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield Washer '79 Super Beetle Reply with quote

bikelash wrote:
I will try to find some pics but Joel did a write up on it. When you pull the washer stalk out some have a black wire that is attached to nothing.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If there is no black wire just look for the connection point at the same place as in the pic. It is simpler than it appears. When you pull the lever back it will energize that wire. Then use that to energize your pump. Been using a new for a couple of years now and it works great
BTW this pic is from Joel's write up.

Which wire would be the equivalent on the new stalk??

Gerrelt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield Washer '79 Super Beetle Reply with quote

Beetlebaum asked a question about a super beetle window washer pump in the Mexican/Brazillian beetles thread.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9633402&highlight=#9633402
I though it would answer it here, as it is more appropiate.

Beetlebaum wrote:

How does that pump work? Maybe I should get one for my (US-spec) '73 Super Beetle, which has never had a working windshield washer system.

I think you would be better off with a kit like this:
https://www.paruzzi.com/nl/volkswagen/elektriciteit/ruitenwisser-ruitensproeier/2448/

You can place this pump inline the current tube, and then you can retain your standard washer fluid reservoir. The pictured mexi reservoir does not really fit in the front of a super beetle (as Paul already pointed out).

If you're handy, you can also only buy the pump, which is a lot cheaper.
Search for part number 431955651, you will find a lot of offerings.
But you will need a switch, cables etc. .
BTW, the little pipe on the side is the exit, the one on the top is the inlet.

I use this pump too in my super beetle:

I've modified the cap of the reservoir so it has a little hole for air to get in:

And I've modified my steering column stalk to accept a micro switch:
http://www.gerrelt.nl/section-modifications/window-washer-switch
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: