Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

porsche wiper question
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suboval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: porsche wiper question Reply with quote

Are these porsche wipers?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

They do not have Bosch stamped on them anywhere. They do have the 5 layered rubber for the blades. Could they be a Trico replacement?
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen them on splits and ovals. They have a splined part that has a set screw to attach to the wiper shaft. Then you push them on. DL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TC/TeamEvil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like the ones on my old MG. You need to show close-up pics of the inside of the mounting area, and the area by the spring mount as well. Wiper arms and blades can be made to fit a lot of cars, those arms are nothing like those on my '55 Pre-A or '65 SC. Maybe for something in between?

But you DID manage a great shot of the ruler at least . . . is that a Westcott by any chance?
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arms look like the universal Anco replacements for cars with flat windshields. If the blades are Trico, they would be stamped with the Trico name. They are not OEM Porsche.
nane_cox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: porsche wiper question Reply with quote

Hello,
I've got a wiper question, and hope someone will be able to answer.

I have this wiper motor for a 1961 car.

When my car is not running:
when I pull the wiper switch, wiper are running.
When I push the wiper switch, wipers are stopping.

When my car is running:
when I pull the wiper switch, wipers are running.
When I push the wiper switch, wipers never stop. I have to remove my battery cables to stop the system, or to take the wipers in my arms strongly to stop them...

Thank you
Mic

Last edited by nane_cox on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nane_cox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: porsche wiper question Reply with quote

I've already changed the wiper motor once, so I think my problem is in the electrical wiring:

Can someone help me please ???

Thank you
Mic
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: porsche wiper question Reply with quote

You are missing the black wire at 53a it should have one to get it to park correctly as it is the parking terminal that parks the arms AFTER the switch is shut off. Yours is running all the time as it is wire to do so. The black wire at 53a goes from the white block terminals and on to the 3 contacts where the 2 yellow wires are the black needs to be on the contact the yellows are not. the 2 yellow wires are at 53 53b. 53a is the parking terminal. your black and purple hook to 53a. Are you using the variable speed switch on this motor? It is a variable speed motor. Hope this helps. I have done a few of them in my day. Wiper guy Don
nane_cox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: porsche wiper question Reply with quote

hi,
yes it's a variable speed motor, but my switch is not a variable speed model...
I think the switch is original to the vehicle but not the wiper motor. I only have one yellow wire for the moment.
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: porsche wiper question Reply with quote

Yup that is the problem use a correct switch and simply match up the numbers to wire. The motor you have uses a different park of the arms more like column wiper switches wiring. Dash switches use the 31b for reversing the current to dynamically braking the motor to stop.
nane_cox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: porsche wiper question Reply with quote

I have this wiper motor and the black wire is here. shall I add some more wires ?

Can I use the 31b of the switch to go to the ground, altough the switch is bolted on the dashboard (already a ground) ?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: