Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

brake line and master cylinder
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pewe_kodok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: brake line and master cylinder Reply with quote

peeping master cylinder under the front hood, and start questioning...
fyi I get dual circuit master. btw sorry for incorrect term I used

1. how brake line bolted on the master cylinder?

2. I saw front circuit bolted 2 line. One for right and other for left.
rear circuit only 1 line go to the rear and chocked other port (by bolt).
after read bentley, brake master has residual port (cmiiw). so front circuit only 1 line and split by tee line.
it is correct?

take a ride (around 600 km round trip) last weekend. When brake it hard, thing will steer left.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it pulls hard to one side then you should look at your wheels first. Check the adjustment of your brake shoes and the wheel cylinders- then move on to the master cylinder.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be 2 lines going to the front wheels, and only one line giong to the rear. At the rear, there is a "T" piece, that splits to each of the rear wheels.
The bolt you see in the master cylinder, is not a plug, but is there to hole the interal parts of the master cylinder in the proper place. Do not remove this bolt unles you are rebuilding the master cylinder.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ian Epperson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: brake line and master cylinder Reply with quote

pewe_kodok wrote:
take a ride (around 600 km round trip) last weekend. When brake it hard, thing will steer left.

I agree with Crofty, but will add the the likely problem is the flexible brake line on the right front wheel. The lines often swell shut.
uberautowerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check for play in your tie rod too! A worn out tie rod end can cause pulling under braking.
--- The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
- Douglas Adams -
---
'74 Thing (White)
'71 Single cab (White too)
'70 Weekender (White three)
'05 Evolution VIII (White also!!!)
'68 F-250 (White over black)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: