Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pick up Westy with new ...
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Pick up Westy with new ... Reply with quote

This is my first post, but I must say I have been reading this forum for many months.
My wife and I purchased a 87 Westy that was well looked after, but had a engine that had been patched ( left head rebuilt) and I knew that we where going to have to do engine work on it soon.
We are going to the Baja in Jan 08 for a couple of months and I was hoping the engine would last till we got back, but it was not to BE Crying or Very sad
I have a very good friend that started my wife and I down this path of buying a Westy, he has had three. We where two bedroom and a bath before ( motor home).
We looked at installing a Go Westy engine and a Subaru 2.5.
We pick the 87 Westy up yesterday with a Small Car Performance 2.5 Subaru engine installed and drove it 500 K's back home.
WOW
Very Happy
This is now not just a great get away Van, but a GREAT one.
Power, smooth, quit, did I say power Very Happy
I will try and post a few pictures later.
Cheers
kevinbassplayer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice rig - congrat's and welcome. You will find this place to be THE resource for owning a Westy. Good score as 87' is the best year! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
floggingmolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great rig. We go down to Baja from San Diego every year. Hopefully we'll see you down there in March (we only take a week or two). So many British Columbians down there. I think you guys mistake the BC for British Columbia, not Baja California. Always very nice people though. Check out the San Ignacio B&B when you're down there, a very nice BC (Canada) couple, in case you haven't already met them. Great B&B too.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: