Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Carb Connection Question
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
505-73Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Carb Connection Question Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]

I have three (red) connections all plugged. The yellow line goes to the oilbath filter. Been looking at pictures in the gallery and cannot tell if yellow is connected in the right spot or does it matter?

The green is something attached to my spark wire. Thought it might be for a tach, but I do not have one. Any thoughts?

Going to move the fuel filter tomorrow, out further to the right.

Back to the oil bath, the hose that is suppose to connect to charcoal cannister is connected to the fan housing and the charcoal cannister is connected to itself. Any idea which end of the charcoal cannister connects to the oilbath and which connects to the fan housing or does that matter?

Thanks
Daddie O
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to get my oil bath air cleaner going, so when I find out where those hoses go I'll let you know. As for the fuel filter, I'd relocate it to under the car (its original spot), so as to reduce fire hazard.
Mosquero60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked at bunch of gallery pic's and some look have like they have your setup, others look to have the first red circle on the left connection. Do not know about the oilbath connection.
[email protected] Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the green one is for radio noise reduction, looks like an original low mile engine. look for the key hanging from the gas line on the left hand side of the motor. if your motor hasnt been out, its probably still there.
CALL 518 630 0173
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
505-73Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the key to? I'll have look tomorrow.

I could not figure out "noise reducer", since it went inot the original wiring. Radio is still there, with a speaker under the dash and original antena. How come some pic's show the antena on the passenger side? Mine's o the drivers side.

Any thoughts on the connections, any thoughts? Also, the connection from oil bath to the charcoal cannister?

Thanks
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the green highlighted wire is the sensor for TDC, it connects to the test socket. nothing to do with ignition noise reduction.

the red on on the left side of the intake (below carb) goes to the left side nipple on the air cleaner thermostat. IIRC a '73 should have EGR which would be the upper red one in the middle. the lower red one might be vacuum retard. i have lots of reference photos of stock thing engines but not with me now.
505-73Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott. My yellow line goes to the oil bath. I will move it to the lower left red one and plug the yellow hole. Any thoughts on the the oil bath connections to the charcoal cannister?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: