Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I have found drawings for wiring harnesses for HEBMULLER
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdf-service
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: I have found drawings for wiring harnesses for HEBMULLER Reply with quote

I have found all drawings for wiring harnesses for HEBMULLER and Police Car
And now I can work with them Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Tom

Kdf-service
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a patterns for Hebmueller harnesses, made from an original Heb harnesses. I started making these this past summer.

They are quite similiar to the convertible Beetle harnesses with a few exceptions.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kdfkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Heb Reply with quote

Hi Thomas,
i think your Heb harnesses will be the best because making them from the orginal draweing is much better then just from a pattern from a car.
My Heb was in stock since 1965 and i thought the harness was all orginal. Now when i checked it after takeing out of the car it seemed like they did even on this some modefication.
The harness is not like our harness from our 1950 split cabriolet.
Thomas when will you have them and what will a harness cost ?
Bye Christian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpartsunlimited
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need to cover the specs with black rectangles , not everybody has the capability to manufacture such cloth harnesses and the only capable to do it , and to do it in a perfect way , is already making them ....

if i ever have a heb , and i really doubt it , i will buy the harnesses from John ....

happy new year

Ricardo

1951 crotch cooler split
1971 1302 cabriolet
1981 Mercedes Benz 230 military "Gelandewagen"
2010 Mercedes Benz c200 kompressor touring

Last edited by splitpartsunlimited on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kdf-service
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Heb Reply with quote

kdfkid wrote:
Hi Thomas,
i think your Heb harnesses will be the best because making them from the orginal draweing is much better then just from a pattern from a car.
My Heb was in stock since 1965 and i thought the harness was all orginal. Now when i checked it after takeing out of the car it seemed like they did even on this some modefication.
The harness is not like our harness from our 1950 split cabriolet.
Thomas when will you have them and what will a harness cost ?
Bye Christian

If I make any wiring harnesses I always use orginal drawings, NEVER only sampel from the car. I have all orginal sampel for kubelwagen, schwimmwagen or even for Kdf-beetle. And when I compare them to drawing I can see always some modefication.
I will have ready some of them in next 2 month, I have loot of order for rest of my harnesses.
You ask me about price I will be 580 euro.
( in this price you will get all parts what you need: like every sampel harnesses, "+" and "-" correct, and every all small parts. )
Every thing will be 100 % like it should to be.

Tom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libreriajenny wrote:
no need to cover the specs with black rectangles , not everybody has the capability to manufacture such cloth harnesses and the only capable to do it , and to do it in a perfect way , is already making them ....

if i ever have a heb , and i really doubt it , i will buy the harnesses from John ....

happy new year

Ricardo

My congratulations to kdf-service for being able to obtain such a rare document, the historical significance of this drawing alone is considerably noteworthy in the hobby.

You can pattern many things from an original of almost anything to reproduce it, but there will always be differences and variances from the original drawing specs. Therefore working from the original drawing gives you unique claim to ensuring 100% authenticity from the start assuming the workmanship quality is there. For Hebmuller owners this is an important development when given a choice.

Gary
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

Although it is true working from the original drawings is always great, please note that the drawing in question is just the first release of the drawing. No ECN (Engineering Change Notices) shown. It is just the first iteration drawing. It will be close. Like all drawings, they are a guide. What actually was produced can be (and often times *IS*) different. We all well know of production variances and how things in one car are not the same in the next. So although the drawing is really neat and great and all, the true proof is when a harness is made that fits right in all cars (which also have other engineering or production changes in them, too.)

It is a nasty little circle these various changes can make as production progresses.
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: hebmuller wire diagram blue prints Reply with quote

Nice find, indeed it is a true relic . Shocked
It means also that this is a proof that not all documents from the Heb Factory are destroyed or lost...There is still hope to find other paperwork. Cool

Be also aware that the document has a date in Feb 1949.
It shows also the Type 18 police car? I do not know if the police car have an interior light?
That date is at least 1 month and a half before the first Pre production model was shown in Geneva auto show in April 1949 and a few months before the actual production begin in june 1949.
It is indeed possible that between the relaese of this drawing and the actual first production model they realise some modifications.
The best thing to do is to make a wire loom with the drawings and put this into a non-restored original car ???? to see if it fits correctly.

So My question: Who owns a non -restored - all original hebmuller and want to try fit the new wire loom? Pleas do not respond all together... Rolling Eyes

I true hope that there are more drawings like that on the hebmuller subject to be found.
Greetings . Peter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r39o wrote:
Gary,

Although it is true working from the original drawings is always great, please note that the drawing in question is just the first release of the drawing. No ECN (Engineering Change Notices) shown. It is just the first iteration drawing. It will be close. Like all drawings, they are a guide. What actually was produced can be (and often times *IS*) different. We all well know of production variances and how things in one car are not the same in the next. So although the drawing is really neat and great and all, the true proof is when a harness is made that fits right in all cars (which also have other engineering or production changes in them, too.)

It is a nasty little circle these various changes can make as production progresses.

Thats a good point Walt, the dreaded ECR/ECO process will indeed make all kinds of drawing revisions for things like corrections, manufacturability issues, and then eventually cost reduction efforts. I agree though as a first release in February 49, the production harness was likely at least a very close match to the first release drawing, if not the exactly the same throughout production as the first release drawing.

In this case, given that wiring harnesses aren't rocket science, nor this one complicated, and that design guidelines and tolerances are generally far more generous on harness assemblies, I would not be that surprised if there were either few or actually no subsequent revisions made to the actual first release drawing. I'd speculate further based on history, the era, the german work ethic, with limited material and process resources within a festidious coachbuilder (instead of being a volume producer), there was likely a huge emphasis on doing things right the first time to prevent such nasty, disruptive, costly and time consuming ECNs.

I'd actually not be surprised in the least if that harness wasn't first and literally designed on a napkin or any available scrap paper a few times long before it was sent to inking on a costly piece of large paper/vellum, way before it was sent out to an outside supplier. Things are very different today since most of the design process is electronic, including the ECN process, while still a pain in the you know what, its magnitudes easier to manage today than yesterday.

I just tend to look at things in a few more dimensions, with an emphasis on considering the prevailing conditions and circumstances of the period since its been a primary factor on so many other related topics previously discussed. While we may never know what the true history of that harness might be, I have no doubt kdf-service will certainly build a harness "per print" and test it out thoroughly first, and then it would be very interesting to find out what his results were, hopefully he'll post back sometime with that!

Gary
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r39o wrote:
Gary,

Also keep in mind that each harness was not made from the drawing. It was made from a tooling fixture (probably a "nail bed" or wire tray) which was designed from the drawing. Tolerances were probably built in to allow for slight differences in wire run path.

Harness specifications are really about each wire's exposed length out side the harness, the exit points in the harness and in some cases, some sub-looming. I drawing would certainly be a nice guide, but any restorer is going to favor fit over validation with 50+ year old drawings.

Original, unmolested/modified wiring is very easy to spot on original harnesses. Factory end termination, leading techniques and wire end deformation from terminals have a consistent signiture and are not easily replicated by previous owners (I can't imagine someone clipping a wire and then waiting 30 mins for a 3lb solder pot to heat up while he goes and finds his bottle of liquid rosin flux). Thus, in my opinion, making a reproduction harness from data gathered from several original harnesses is best.

Nonetheless, Tom's diagram is certantainly noteworthy and will be of use to him in construction his harnesses.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
kdf-service
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: drawings Reply with quote

Hi.

I recive tooday from mr. Christian Grundman orginal never modyficated harnesses to hebmuler. His heb was at stock simce 1965.
I get all sampel harnesses and I checked them with drawings.
They are that same. Smile

I will use them to make my harnesses and Im sure that everything will be ok.
I make harnesses to all WW2 VW and never have any problem.
Look of people are happy with them.

If factory make any modyfication on drawing they write this on old one.
I dont found anything like this on my set.
And please think they make hebmuller only from 1949-1952 so what can they do I sure that naothing. I have drawings from Kdf beetle, schwimmwagen, kubelwagen, and if they change something like daschboard they write this, if they write something like lights also write.

ps. Sorry for my english : )))

Last edited by kdf-service on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
kdf-service
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: order Reply with quote

ps. If I will looking for for any harnesses to my car I will look who have orginal sampel and drawings. and they buy. I dont trust only with sampels.

tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: drawings Reply with quote

kdf-service wrote:
Hi.

I recive tooday from mr. Christian Grundman orginal never modyficated harnesses to hebmuler. His heb was at stock simce 1965.
I get all sampel harnesses and I checked them with drawings.
They are that same. Smile

That is good to know!

kdf-service wrote:

ps. Sorry for my english : )))

Your english is better than my Polish. Wink

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
JeffL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brezelwerks wrote:
Libreriajenny wrote:

happy new year

Ricardo

My congratulations to kdf-service for being able to obtain such a rare document, the historical significance of this drawing alone is considerably noteworthy in the hobby.

You can pattern many things from an original of almost anything to reproduce it, but there will always be differences and variances from the original drawing specs. Therefore working from the original drawing gives you unique claim to ensuring 100% authenticity from the start assuming the workmanship quality is there. For Hebmuller owners this is an important development when given a choice.

Therefore no one can blame kdf-service for blacking out this document's details, the information contained therein is really his professional trade secret, unless it resides in the public domain which I doubt it does. Also further consider here that some effort/investment might have went into obtaining this document, no one should be surprised that kdf-service may not want to necessarily tempt nor expedite the other 2-3 quality harness makers out there in being able to match what he can uniquely provide to this high end attention-to-detail deep pocketed market.

Gary

Well said, thanks
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Hebmuller wiring harness Reply with quote

That is looking good Tom.
Any pictures of the Hebmuller wiring?
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 lowlight lizard green
1955 original paint oval
1956 1600 super V-sunroof Porsche
1958 lowlight ghia black
1963 firetruckred 23 window
1967 SO42 westy
1969 original paint Westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
kdf-service
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hebmuller wiring harness Reply with quote

passoa55 wrote:

When I will have ready I will put here some foto.

Tom
kdf-service
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hebmuller wiring harness Reply with quote

kdf-service wrote:
passoa55 wrote:

When I will have ready I will put here some foto.

Tom

Tomorow I will put some foto of this one orginal with I have from Christian.

Tomasz
KdF1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have personally seen some of Tom's work up close. I liked what I saw.
He's a stickler for detail, and if he dosnt know something, he will say so.
Stand up guy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kdf-service
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: heb harnesses Reply with quote

Hello my frends.

I decide to end this topic and I will return when I will have ready harnesses to heb.

Tomasz.

Kdf-service

www.kdf.cp6.win.pl
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I've seen yesterday Christian at the VW show in Holland and he told me that your wiring is exellent!
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 lowlight lizard green
1955 original paint oval
1956 1600 super V-sunroof Porsche
1958 lowlight ghia black
1963 firetruckred 23 window
1967 SO42 westy
1969 original paint Westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: