Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

help!
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:07 am    Post subject: help! Reply with quote

What is the difference between t2a, t2a/b, t2b?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: help! Reply with quote

The diferance is with the body style. The t2a had the turn signals on the bottum of the front end and the t2b had them near the air gril. Also the t2a had smaller kind of round vents in the back for the engine and the t2b had bigger ones and they were kind of squared off. The bigest diferance was the bumpers. The t2a had the small bumpers kind of like the spilt buses but the t2b had big bumpers kind of like late bugs. Also the t2a ran on type 1 engines but the t2b ran on type 4 motors. 1 more thing. The t2a had split window bus tail lights and the t2b had big and tall lail lights. I hope I answerd your questions :)

Chris.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: help! Reply with quote

Thanks Chris!

What about the suspension! Can i put a t2a front beam into a splitty! Did the t2b allready have disk brakes and can those be mounted on t2a beam?

Thanks
Matej
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: help! Reply with quote

The suspension on the t2a is diferant then the t2b. The t2b had disk brakes from the start but the t2a did have them for only one year witch was 71. I really dont know if you can mount t2b disks on a t2a beam but it makes sence that you could. The spindles that was on the 71 probly are the same as the t2b just put on the t2a beam but im really not sure. I have heard that you can put a t2b bean on a t2a but I can not conferm this. I have also heard of people puting t2a front beams on split windows but again im not sure on this. It would be nice if you could put t2b disks on a t2a beam and put the beam on a spilty Smile That would make a split really up to date :)

I hope I helped,
Chris R.
breadloafdeluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:34 am    Post subject: help! Reply with quote

The 1969 t2/a is the E-ticket it comes w/drum brakes but can be converted with a 71 disk setup. You have to weld the bracket for the booster to the 69 beam but thats it! Everything fits right and the bolt pattern on the beam fits a pre 68 (splittie) This is a common conversion done to splits. Good luck finding a decent 69 beam as they are hard to come by. DavidK 71 Deluxe,69 S/Cab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: