Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need the lowdown on a 79 Bus
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
emma@meaningfulphotograph
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Need the lowdown on a 79 Bus Reply with quote

Considering purchasing a 79 Camper...has lots of surface rust but everything runs, interior is great, pop up in good condition. Its very cheap & willing to put some $$ into fixing up. Not sure if its worth it or not. Any suggestions?
dstefun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Need the lowdown on a 79 Bus Reply with quote

Only you can answer if it's worth it or not. '79 should be a great camper, last year of the baywindows. We have a '78 and love it. Be sure the rust is only surface or you'll have more work than you bargained for. Look under the bottom of the windshield rubber - you can sometimes push a hole in the metal there if it's really really gone.
westy demi-god
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Need the lowdown on a 79 Bus Reply with quote

I noticed that you mentioned that were were willing to put some $$ into fixing it up. Most people will tell you it takes a lot more $$ to fix something up than it does to buy a nicer vehicle to begin with. If you have the $$ to do the fixin', if I were you I'd take the $$ and buy a nicer camper. Body and paint on a camper that has "lots" of surface rust will cost a pretty penny. I'm in the market for a bay-window camper as well. There's a beautiful '71 Rivi camper in the classifieds for just under $5,000. I'd pony up the big cash for something like that (I wish I had the scratch - I'd buy it myself) and spend the extra $$ adding some personal touches. Just something to think about. By the way, how much is really cheap?

Pooh
emma@meaningfulphotograph
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Need the lowdown on a 79 Bus Reply with quote

Thanks for the great advice, unfortunately while I was sitting on the fence it sold for $1000 CAD. Maybe I missed a sweet deal but I know my camper is out there so I'll keep looking....& maybe pay a little extra up front for something better.
Thanks again,
Emma
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: