Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Side mirror rattle
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
90Doka_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Side mirror rattle Reply with quote

So i know this has been covered before (yes, i did an extensive search, but no dice) but i remember reading about someone posting a repair to fix the annoying side mirror rattle. (I want to say it was Bucko, but my memory is far from good.) My question is, does anybody know where this post is, and if not do they know a good way to fix the mirrors so they dont rattle? it makes the car sound like a piece of shat whenever the doors are closed, not to mention the constant shaking view on the highway. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
floggingmolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone mentioned using a circular rubber washer somewhere in the reassembly process, I think on the post that connects to the mounting bracket. That was to solve the constant movement of the mirror due to wind and door shutting. It may work for your problem too. Is the problem where the bracket mounts to the door, or the mirror to the bracket? The solution depends on the problem. I imagine a thick rubber gasket would solve either issue.
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if the problem is the pivot ball you can lay a coat of solder on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: