Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Related topic:
I personally HATE gift payments because, as a seller, it prevents me from using the built-in paypal shipping.
To go over to usps.com and print something out or do it in person at the post office is a PITA compared to using Paypal for everything.
Plus doing it from Paypal puts the tracking number into the transaction and emails the buyers the information.

RE: Gift... (we're only talking 'gift' here)
PayPal has built in shipping... can do Parcel Select, First Class, Media Mail...
You can't do some of those on the USPS site.
Only thing you can't do on PayPal is international.
Tracking numbers are produced... just have to copy paste to email.
Here's how to do it... (takes a little window jockeying)... go to PayPal, log in... scroll down a bit & you'll see it on the left... can create templates too Smile

I almost never go to the post office... because usually when I ship... I'll have at least one item that is going Priority Mail (this is the magic trigger)... and when you ship anything Priority Mail... you can submit a FREE online pickup request. When you submit the request... you can add Media Mail, Ground, etc.... items... and they'll pick them all up (FREE)... from your porch... or wherever you state they need to look for them!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

Weird that they don't support the Chrome web browser.
Thanks though, I will check it out in Firefox.

I agree with you on the USPS.com web site limitations on types of shipment, that is one of the reasons I like using Paypal to ship too.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

I always get that pop up warning and I use Chrome, just ignore the warning and hit "continue" button
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Related topic:
I personally HATE gift payments because, as a seller, it prevents me from using the built-in paypal shipping.
To go over to usps.com and print something out or do it in person at the post office is a PITA compared to using Paypal for everything.
Plus doing it from Paypal puts the tracking number into the transaction and emails the buyers the information.

I hear you on that E.!

A new problem at PayPal with sellers getting received payments:

PayPal now send us sellers a money received e-mail BUT if we answer that e-mail to confirm the purchase to the buyer, it doesn't go anywhere.

We used to be able to click and confirm the buyer we actually got the PP payment properly.

Some buyers mis spell my WERKSBERG addy (which then I don't receive the payment and the PP funds are held in their PP account until corrected) or send the payment as a Gift or to friends so no ship to address stated on the payment..... and I need show them the problem with no address to ship to.

And do not try and save me the 3% by sending the PP as a gift as I use PP for my shipments and it makes much easier plus faster for me. Plus I'm protected somewhat at PayPal just like the buyer....

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

werksberg wrote:
PayPal now send us sellers a money received e-mail BUT if we answer that e-mail to confirm the purchase to the buyer, it doesn't go anywhere.

We used to be able to click and confirm the buyer we actually got the PP payment properly.

This is not true for the payment I received today, I can still click Reply and it has their email address there.

These were standard payments and NOT gift payment so maybe something is different with Gift payments - I cannot verify that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

I'll have to try the PP notice payment e-mail thing again tomorrow or so... Wink

Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

In the last month or so back, PP has switch shipping label services to Shipstation.

Buyers needs to update their PP address as it looks like Shipstation does NOT pick up a change of address from the message section....

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

The message section from when someone makes a payment?

That's open-ended text, it's not going to affect anything else.

I sometimes have people put the name of the part or the ad # in there or "thanks".
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

It is their ship to address on the PP payment... some buyers wants the parts shipped to where the vehicle is being worked on or restored and a PITA to catch and change their ship to address.....

Or they move and never update the ship to address on PP. Rolling Eyes

I am posting these in here for hoping buyers might see it and update when buying and using PP.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

Ok, I understand.

Yes, I agree it's an issue if people don't update their address in Paypal and either put it in the comments box or contact you directly.

It needs to be actually in Paypal too so that everyone is covered by their policies.
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

PayPal has switched to Chit Station for paid PayPal shipping labels.

They have had issues with e-mail messages that sellers could add to the buyer in the sent e-mail.

NOW CS has removed the box for messages all together. Evil or Very Mad

BUT is CS still sending out an e-mail notice to the buyers that the order was shipped, estimated delivery date and the normal stuff???

Or did they eliminate that deal? Rolling Eyes

scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

Rather than start a new paypal topic I thought I'd post a question here.

My paypal account is linked only to a credit card, and no bank card.

If I sell something, where does the money go?

I ask because I simply don't remember what happened the last time I sold something using paypal which was years ago. My credit cared records are not available to me online that far back. I suppose I could go to the bank and get extensive records? But I'm talking years.

At any rate, I think I remember reading here somewhere that when you sell something using paypal and you don't have a bank account linked to it that the money goes into a 'paypal' account that is not your credit card. Does this sound at all valid or familiar? If it so, how do I gain access to this money?
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

PayPal accounts are online bank accounts. Sales goes directly to your PP account. The credit card / ATM card on file is for when you are over drawn, they pull funds to keep your PP account active.

Otherwise, some folks would buy away more than PP account and ditch out.

scottyrocks wrote:
Rather than start a new paypal topic I thought I'd post a question here.

I ask because I simply don't remember what happened the last time I sold something using paypal which was years ago. My credit cared records are not available to me online that far back. I suppose I could go to the bank and get extensive records? But I'm talking years.

At any rate, I think I remember reading here somewhere that when you sell something using paypal and you don't have a bank account linked to it that the money goes into a 'paypal' account that is not your credit card. Does this sound at all valid or familiar? If it so, how do I gain access to this money?

scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

werksberg wrote:
PayPal accounts are online bank accounts. Sales goes directly to your PP account. The credit card / ATM card on file is for when you are over drawn, they pull funds to keep your PP account active.

Otherwise, some folks would buy away more than PP account and ditch out.

So if I make a purchase and it goes right to my cc for the money, that means I have nothing in my pp account?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:

I ask because I simply don't remember what happened the last time I sold something using paypal which was years ago.

If you sell something, it goes into your Paypal account so you have a Paypal balance.
You can use this money to pay someone else through Paypal

If you want to withdraw the money but only have a credit card linked I'm not sure what they would do in regards to a credit card or if that is an option

For me, I have a bank account attached so I will transfer the balance to my bank account.

There is also the option to send me a check (I've never done that).

So if you want the actual money I'm sure you could get the check sent, at a minimum.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: How to Use Paypal to Make a Payment for Samba Parts Reply with quote

Everett, thank you for the explanation.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: