Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

onebadoval56 - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: onebadoval56
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 09, 2016
RedHouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, have had time to get my stuff together about this issue. The purchase of a 1963 Volkswagen Beetle Ragtop for the amount of $3800 from you Justin. After looking at everything, getting information about the car, you have officially defrauded me. You have grossly misrepresented the vehicle that you sold me. You know it, and i know it. It can be said that it is also my fault for not physically going up to West Virginia to see the car and see for myself and comparing your description versus what you told me or made me believe. Well yes, it my fault for not properly taking the safeguards to protect myself from fraud. When you grossly misrepresent a vehicle you are selling, you are committing fraud. I have been trying to fit this puzzle together to see if maybe just maybe you don't know any better, but not the clues are evident.

When you describe the car has rust, I would never imagine you were describing the rust that was around the gapping hole. That is called rust through. When I asked about the car with specific questions about specific areas on the car, you only made mention of patch panels in the rear quarters. You mentioned no other patch panels in the car. I'm guessing since the rest are hidden behind carpet or door panels, you figured I wouldn't look. If I’m asking or your telling me about patch panels, you should of told me there were more patch panels, lots more.

Any and all patch panels that I discovered on this car were improperly installed. The word install is an inappropriate word to use for this car. You cut out large sections of the car to install the whole patch panel. The places where you didn't cut out the metal, you welded the whole patch panel over the rusted hole. The bad part is that you tack welded the pieces in place. Meaning you placed 3 to 4 tack welds to hold large sections of metal on the car. you proceeded to caulk the unwedded seams with what looks like house caulking for windows but now looking at it for a while looks more like liquid nails caulking. There are gaps of at least 1 inch in some places or pried metal. The body is sagging because of:

1. an inappropriately installed heater channel on the drivers side. and
2. an almost missing heater channel on the passenger side that requires emergency surgery.

There are some things you claim you told me about before I bought the car. That is incorrect. The only things you told me about were the items that I specifically asked you about, You did not offer any information and the descriptions you gave me are no where near accurate. Your answers made light to what really was there.

Because of these thing issues, that car is not structurally stable. Not something you cared to mention which I think would be important for anyone to know. Your welding leaves a lot to be desired. I've never seen beads on welds so large.

I'm sure your response will be something on the lines that I should of checked before buying. And probably yes I should have, but to say that means if you scam me or someone else, its their fault they didn't check the car even though you were not telling the truth. I should of checked to make sure you weren't lying or deceiving.

One can argue that maybe you Justin are just not really trained to know what good welds are, or what’s the proper way to install a patch panel, or that the body must be aligned to the doors. Maybe quality of work is only viewed by the beholder. You see you did a good job, I see a car about to fall apart and this is your excuse. I could of assumed that, and although disappointed in myself, I would of dealt with it, but the next segment in this feedback tells me you knew better.

I could forgive the above on the fact that maybe, just maybe you didn't know any better. Maybe you didn't plan on scamming me. Maybe you are a misunderstood person. But I took the time, to calm down and not jump the gun on writing this feedback making sure everything was as I said, and as you described.

What gets me and makes it known that you scammed me is that you represented the car as a running car that I could, if I wanted, go to West Virginia and be able to drive it home with no problem. You said this in the ad and to me on the phone and through our conversations. Nothing is close to the truth on that. As the car was being loading up at your house, you called me and said the car's brakes were a little spongy and probably needed brake fluid. I said ok I can deal with that. When I got it home I couldn't even drive it into my driveway. The sponginess you described was the brakes were not adjusted which is common and ok. What is not acceptable keeping in mind that this is supposed to be a good running car. On the passenger side, there was a needle bearing roller stuck between the bottom brake shoe and the backing plate which pushed the shoe against the drum making horrible scrapping sounds. One of the springs that hold the shoes was missing. On the drivers side, which I decided to check just in case, the problem was not what I found, but what I didn't find.... The inner race for the ball bearings was missing. so essentially the drum was ridding on the spindle. How can one say that the car is drivable without brakes or an inner bearing race? And I haven't even checked the rear brakes yet.

The best part of this "Running car" is where I couldn't shift the vehicle into any gear except reverse and 3rd. Found the stop plate on backwards which I fixed. Still needs adjustment. So you tell me how as you claimed, I could have driven this car with no problems home? I like the fact that when I called you about this issue, you said, "Oh yeah.... I forgot to tell you that." As of yesterday I have fixed most of the issues that make this car not able to drive. The current one deals with the car not stopping. I have yet to figure out what's wrong with it. So the so called driver car is still parked.

You claim you were selling it for a friend. Keeping in mind that this vehicle was previously owned by you. Unfortunately if you plan to tell me its your friends fault, its not going to work here. One of two things has happened here.

1. You are in fact selling it for a friend that you sold it to a couple of months back, and if you did, my guess its, he or she discovered all these issues with this car and is giving you beef. You only are reselling because the victim lives so close to you. or
2. You are not selling for a friend, you are in fact selling it and using the "selling for someone else excuse to pawn some or all of the issues with the car on the mysterious other person. By the way, your name was on the title. Yes I believe you.... he got license, tags, insurance and was driving it around town as you claimed, without transferring the title.

This is getting long but it needs to be said, it needs to be heard.

What puts the cherry on the top, what really makes this a bad deal and reveals your intentions is the fact that you said in your ad that you were selling a 1963 Volkswagen beetle ragtop, when it fact you sold me a 1963 beetle sedan with a ragtop clip sectioned in. If the car is not a true ragtop, then you must claim so. This really crossed the line on many levels. If it were a real ragtop, I would really try to want to save this car, but you have taken all hopes from me doing so. It shows that I bought a really rusty bug that’s falling apart with a $400 ragtop clip on top. And to top it all off, with your large bead style welding. The best part is the amount of bondo I can see on the roof to cover up your welding You showed what ragtops are selling for, as your excuse for the price and excuse for the condition. Understand, this is not ragtop that would sell for the price you were asking. I would not have bought this or at least not at the price you were asking if I had know this. You can't claim you didn't know because it was you who put it in. This car would have been a lot better if you hadn't operated on it.

I see you come up with excuses when you receive negative feedback, I as well as others would like to hear what you have to say. I really don't know what you can say as I have all my bases covered. You do better selling only parts because then you see what you get most times. I advise you to get out of the bodywork business, or if you want to keep selling "fixed" up Volkswagens to people, to stop selling them to the Volkswagen community who are well informed about these cars. I really with you could of worked something out with me or come clean, be honest, accept your errors. I would have accepted some money back even though this is not the car I was looking for or was lead to believe. You decided not to make things right with me. Like I said in my last e-mail to you, I hope God blesses you with that money, because maybe you need it. But to need it so much that you had to acquire it by these means will only hurt you in the end you have to understand this. I highly recommend you change your ways unless you want it to catch up with you unless its already happening.
RedHouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drunkenalien/sets/72157622060201177/
kjbtsi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap Justin, that car you sold him looks like shit. If you did any of the work on that you need to just stop working on vw's all together, that car is discusting. And the fact that you sold it to someone sight unseen like that just shows that you don't give two shits about the hobby and your just looking for a sucker to give you some money for your piles of complete donkey refuse. A half decent car that if fixed properly would have been beautiful, and you went and f*@%ed it up. Be ashamed, be ashamed.

1966 Bug Bahama Blue(my first car)
1958 Euro Bug
1962 Pearl White Bug
1970 Fastback Clementine
1966 Fastback VW Blue
1970 Fastback Diamond Blue
1967 Bug
1963 VW Variant
1963 Karmann Ghia Ruby Red
1969 VW Variant
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenLeaf wrote:
Forgot to add this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drunkenalien/sets/72157622060201177/

WOW !!!! Shocked
A 14 yearold with a pop-riveter could have done better.
Hell-----even Mario would be ashamed of that. Mad
ou8avw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Bogus Reply with quote

I was 50/50 on this until I saw the rag top was added
100% BOGUS DEAL
bam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say he should have looked at it in person....
BUT after reading everything..... thats fucked.
I've sold some SHITTY cars but never have I masked the condition.
justin kiss ostkuste GOODBYE you ARE NOT WELCOME THERE
scallywagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bam wrote:
I was going to say he should have looked at it in person....
BUT after reading everything..... thats fucked.
I've sold some SHITTY cars but never have I masked the condition.

ive waited long enough,,,ive been watching and reading all these comments
and didnt want to push in but dang after seeing that car wow..im feeling
its time..... I helped a friend go over a bus that was purchased from onebadoval a few months ago
and was ashamed at what i found...everything was loose and fallen apart
and should not of been put on the road...ive sold and purchased many vws over the past 12 years to many to count
and have never seen this before, I could not understand why the bus was sold in the condition it was in as a driver...every few days something else was loose, broke or missing bolts........very bad.. and careless ..I feel bad for turning him on to the add,,,, make sure you look hard before you purchase
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am suprised he has not come on here to post his side of the story.
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go on the record and say... Justin does not represent the SBS or the way it's members do business. We as members of the SBS will not tolerate any of our members screwing folks out of their hard earned money.

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

"The original & best lowered Split Bus website/club"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bam wrote:

You can figure the same for the SBS site as well. You are banned from the classifieds and you have been removed from the Family list. Might as well not even show face on the site. I am going to make it PUBLICLY known what you have done here.

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slowlow Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN2RUST wrote:
I am suprised he has not come on here to post his side of the story.

I cant agree more.
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say... Either he doesn't have anything to say, doesn't care or know's it's the truth. Only time will tell!

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

cage66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justink, did you do all the work on that car or was it like that before? I never saw a build thread on it only a before and after so just curious. Time to slow down and make sure shits done right or someones gonna end up dead due to lack of patience.
Learn from your mistakes, that shits scary. Please let us know your side of the story
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ashbo20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: 67 bus and 63 rag Reply with quote

Yeah justin, whenever you want to refund our money let us know.
Thanks, buddy.
51splitLV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i can say i bought some bus bumper trim from justin and he has failed at all points of this transaction, he told me that paypal made a misstake and he didn't get the money, he said he shipping it last week, but has not arrived yet. and he said he will email me the tracking number, and i do agree he does return emails, but maybe less time on the computer and more time on shipping. not to happy and never again
51splitLV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the fuck you work for ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
51splitLV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it been awhile, justin has not emailed me nor called me,so this what i'm going to do.
first- i'm going to the las vegas police and filing faud charges on justin.
second-- i'm going to FBI ( i have a friend) and file charges for instate faud, and the police will pick you up at your charlston, wv home and bye bye, its now on you justin.
icekoffee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i paid for a rag top assebly from him on august 17th. after bugging him he told me last monday that it would be shipped out the following day. after not recieving i emailed him again a week later and at that time he told me that he would ship it that day and give me a tracking number when he got home. Now 3 days later i have yet to recieve that email with the tracking number.... this is bullshit and hundreds of dollars.

not happy

fix it
1958 Patina Beetle EJ25
1984 Vanagon Westfalia EJ25
1964 Lifted Mouse Grey Standard
1967 21 Window
1968 Double Bubble
1969 Westfalia
1961 Ragtop Beetle
1984 GTI
1961 Kombi
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him an email abut the ragtop
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
icekoffee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got email about him "not needing my bullsh!t" and not to respond to his ads again... as if i would ever send him money again.

and that he will refund my money. as of right now he has not refunded. I will post again if i recieve my refund through paypal.

i wish i would have read this feedback before I sent him $260
1958 Patina Beetle EJ25
1984 Vanagon Westfalia EJ25
1964 Lifted Mouse Grey Standard
1967 21 Window
1968 Double Bubble
1969 Westfalia
1961 Ragtop Beetle
1984 GTI
1961 Kombi
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: