Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Does this happen often to you?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the reverse of this happen a few times.
I guy pulled into the driveway and said he had some old vw parts for free, but I had to take them all. well got a set of mint 55 bus rims and a few boxs of bus and oval parts.
Another time I ended up with a complet 54 oval for 300.
So I always keep at least one old Vw in the drivway.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About every 6 months that happens. The stalkers admit they've been trying to catch me at home. Whaddayagonnado.
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one percenter wrote:
Mr. Bubblehead wrote:
I live on a busy street, and I get a lot of folks stopping by inquiring if I have parts for sale or can do service work on their vehicles. I've actually made friends with several real cool people that way.

I'm with you, I've met good people that way too. Its just the presumptuous attitude. Every time I approach someone about a car I do so with respect. Simple really, you have what I want. I also go in practicing what I preach, not everything is for sale despite popular belief.

I should mention, that I've met some real retards, too. Apparently there is a huge trike following in this town.

Nic B-C wrote:
All the time, i personally would have been pretty stoked rather than annoyed. Really dont see the problem far better than a neighbour harrassing you to move your old junk out of sight!!!

Ain't that the damn truth! I got a "notice to abate a public nuisance" in the mail a couple months ago...apparently my neighbors were getting pissed at looking at my non-running bus in the driveway and called the city. I called the inspector and had him come out, I showed him the legal registration for the vehicle and everything was cool. Also the city thought that my "halfback" trailer was just a car cut in half, but I have a legit title and inspection from the highway patrol for a homemade trailer that verifies that it is street legal. Now I have intentionally loaded the back of my trucks with junk and left them in the driveway for the neighbors to look out their windows at Twisted Evil
Samba Member #4862
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dubbin68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving my bug home from my buddies place once when i pull up to a three way and stop behind this lady that's waitign to pull out. Well i see her look in her rearview mirror and then she fumbles around in her car for a second, which really pissed me off because we're trying to pull off on a busy road and there is a nice gap, but anyway she opens her door comes back to me and hands me her card and says, "If you're ever interested in selling let me know. It's a 65' right?" i proceed to tell her it's a 67' but she doesn't believe me, which really chapped my ass, so then i proceeded to show her everything that made it a 67' just so she knew that just because a bug has "Chrome" bumpers doesn't mean it's a 65'
suebug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 4 ACVWs elicit friendly comments and questions from dog-walkers and Sunday drivers. The city tried to get me big time for having my patina'd bug (registered and a daily driver) parked in the same spot day after day. Some Mr. or Mrs. Kravitz must've thought it was junk. But, the day my son caught someone taking pictures of my collection, the ones dearest to my heart went into the garage and the less-favorites got parked behind them in the driveway.
'60 Single cab
'70 Bitchen 3-speed Schwinn
66uno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: crazy bastards Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I get: reported to the county for an "eyesore" in the driveway. I am sure most of you think a bus is an eyesore, eh?

You know what I think is an eyesore? A bright green perfectly manicured lawn with trees that have little mulch piles around each one. I think it looks so anal & unnatural. Not to mention that it screams out the use of fertilizers & pesticides. Why can't I complain about the "eyesore".

Sheeeeesh. What a fuckin' world.
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live on a busy street and have had people stop and ask if my bus is for sale. Yep, the one IN my garage on jack stands that I am grinding and welding on when he interrupts me to ask if it's for sale.

No one ever asks about the rusted ass bay window next to garage:(

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats funny is if you put a for sale sign on it no one asks what you wont for it most of the time. My buddy had his split for sale and had twice as many people ask what he wonted for it before he put a for sale sign on it go figure.
Romans 6:13
WTB 67 beetle rear seat belts.
59 Euro ragtop build with my dad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
65 dlx Slow build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391061
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

66uno
Quote:
You know what I think is an eyesore?

Any year Lincoln Navigator and the like. Barf.
420GOAT
Samba Member

Location: Wilmington, CA on a nice quiet street but still in the 'hood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricerockets with tribal like graphics and big ass spoilers hurt my eyes too.
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyler wrote:
... once when i pull up to a three way and stop behind this lady that's waitign to pull out...

Shocked
Samba Member #4862
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
meredith murray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing, when I use to drive my 64 Single Cab people would stop and talk all the time, I had a guy give me a 63 15 window once while out driving it, he stops and says I got one of them old busses in my back yard, you can have it if you want it..Duh Huh Very Happy

Now that the 64 is being worked on and I drive the 72 weekender, I ain't had one person offer me a free bus, Damn Crying or Very sad

Weired how that little split down the middle has such an effect on people Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dms
Fred G. Sanford

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that all the time , within 2 weeks of having the bus home , there were 3 people stopped by to see if it was for sale .
this year a 12 foot fence is going up , and that will be the end of that . Twisted Evil
some of them get nasty when you wont sell to them , they must think that is would be such a great pleasure for me to do businuss with them and have their piss poor offer and be without a bus .
alrukin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have neighbors that I think hate us (me and my roomie) for what we have stacked for projects.. But I have had a girl ask me if I have any for sale that are electric... hah, sad thing is my roomie wants to turn a 70's bug no one will miss if it is not kept original into an electric.
But like most things funds prevent Sad

Wish I had most of the garage space you guys seem to have though!
alrukin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: