Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

webber 32/36 jetting on type 4 1800 w/porsche heads
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: webber 32/36 jetting on type 4 1800 w/porsche heads Reply with quote

I have a '73 Westy with an AW-case 1800 with Porsche heads, and that damned webber 32/36 progressive on it. It sputters and runs like crap when taking off from a stop light, or when accelerating from a gear-change. It seems to improve with warmer weather, or when the engine is up to full operating temperature. I was curious if anyone could tell me from experience what jet sizes I should be running in this carb with this application. Also, I feel that the fault is with the accelerator pump; it seems to really puke the fuel down the carb when tweaking the throttle from an idle, and the engine sputters a lot, but only until the fuel from the accerator has quit puking. I even tried changing the pin location for the acc-pump linkage in the pump cover to see if that would help.....nuh-uh. Any help would be appreciated (yeah-yeah, change to duals)
Thanks
Travis
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: webber 32/36 jetting on type 4 1800 w/porsche heads Reply with quote

My 1700 Weber is set up like this: Primary = 140 main, 60 idle, 170 high speed bleed (topmost jet), F6 emulsion tube. Secondary = 135 main, 60 idle, 185 HSB, F6 e-tube. 23 mpg, slightly lean. I ran a Holley 5200 (same carb, dfferent name) with slightly larger jets all around, ran just about as well. My hesitation was reduced when I went from 009 to stock vacuum advance/retard distributor. I tapped into brake servo hose to get retard vacuum. If your throttle shafts are not worn and the carb is clean, it's not the carb. I've rebuilt three and they are pretty simple, tough carbs. Hope this helps. Rich
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: