Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
ChuckWagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: AutoZone 20% Discount Reply with quote

AutoZone.com
Use coupon code FALLBACK

Purchased 4 new GP Sorensen injectors and O-rings for $103.96. (Shipped to home - 2 day shipping)

Happy shopping.

Reed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
B-bear604
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to add for Canadians and other internationals the Autozone web site is useless....but they offer great customer service by email, and have advised me that they can process orders over the phone or by email for international clients. A little slower but I have my order in, and will update if any issues arise.
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI
1985 Mercedes 380sl
KevinsKamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So its been awhile now that some of you guys have been running with the Sorenson injectors, any problems to report? At $32 a piece at AZone I'm considering replacing my injectors as part of my fuel system rebuild.....thoughts on these appreciated...Kevin
1983 Toyota SR5 4wd
AtlasShrugged
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinsKamper wrote:
So its been awhile now that some of you guys have been running with the Sorenson injectors, any problems to report? At $32 a piece at AZone I'm considering replacing my injectors as part of my fuel system rebuild.....thoughts on these appreciated...Kevin

Mine are doing just fine since March 2013. No problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
t3 kopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first set I got from them, all 4 were defective. The second set, all has been well since last summer.
ohhorob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyVW wrote:
The first set I got from them, all 4 were defective. The second set, all has been well since last summer.

I've just received my set of 4, and am hoping to put them in today.

What were the defects your first 4 had? Could I bench test mine to verify they're working before I install them?
t3 kopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just didn't work after I installed them. I ran every test in the book and when I called the manufacturer, they were very quick to tell me to replace them. The next 4 were free and they worked great on the first turn of the key. As far as bench testing, I would say install them on the rail and fire them into a container. Go back to page 4 and read on for the whole story.
teej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinsKamper wrote:

Running fine, no issues, since March 2013.
ohhorob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I inspected the business end, and found one of them with the white plastic occluded with some kind of oil. Electrical resistance matched the others, and it clicked normally with a quick pulse of 5V.

Installed them while doing new fuel lines, fuel pressure reg, flex vac lines, aux air reg. Fuel pressure holds steady after shutdown, but only left it 30 mins. Did 30 highway miles last night after a quick total-advance timing adjust and all is well so far.
jeffsab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

Just an FYI, AutoZone still stocks these GP Sorensen injectors, though the price has gone up by a few dollars. I just purchased a set of them at 20% off with code LABORDAY20 plus free shipping. Total with sales tax was $125.47. (Sale ends 9/3.)
https://www.autozone.com/fuel-delivery/fuel-inject..._676712_0/
Denis S.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

I replace the OE Bosch injectors on my 2.1llt (Big Bored 2.0lt) aircooled Volks engine (Jetronic 1977 VW Hydraulic lifter modified), 8 years ago for these TOMCO D1620BA bought on Ebay.
My engine as a low power problem and the only think to replace on the injection system was these famous Bosch 0-280-150-114 injectors. At first I hesitate, 'cause they were not Bosch, the VW OE type to go there... Than bla bla bla (this tell you something!)... But anyway, I have to fix the power loss.
As soon as start the engine with these Tomco rotary injectors, the engine RAOD as a tiger, the engine got to live again. I've been running with these TOMCO injectors since no problem at all... Very satisfied...
tmart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

Man prices have jumped a lot in the past year I guess. I just took a look at them on Autozone: https://www.autozone.com/fuel-delivery/fuel-injector/gp-sorensen-fuel-injector/80207_594834_0 They're $70 each now. There's 20% off for cyber monday but still pretty steep. I emailed Tomco to see how much theirs are now, but no response yet. I was also considering these:https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Motor-Products-FJ18-Injector/dp/B000C81G2Q/, a little more affordable, but not sure they're dosc type and it sounds like that's what I want?

Anyone have any more recent FI info?
AtlasShrugged
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

Those FJ18 Fuel Injectors are the original design pintle style.

My disc type injectors are doing fine.

If you do the ship to home at AutoZone the injectors are $50 each. Throw in a 20% discount for orders of more than $125 and get a $20 gift card too. Use Code: 20CYBER20. Lowers the cost per injector to $40 each plus the gift card.

See the link:

https://www.autozone.com/fuel-delivery/fuel-inject...t=8001206N
tmart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

Hmm, I know about the 20cyber20 deal, but the ship to home isn't getting me anything less than 70. Am I missing something?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

AtlasShrugged
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

I used the link in my post and got the correct price. Try that one?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
tmart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

Oh strange, I actually changed my location to Georgia and it dropped to $50. I'll see if it stays that way when I put in my shipping address.

Also, to follow up on my email to Tomco, they said the 15501 injectors aren't currently available, but those are the exact ones Gowesty sells.

UPDATE: Wow, that worked. Guess it makes sense to try out different "My Store" selections when buying on their website. Thanks for the help Atlas.
AtlasShrugged
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

California tax and the price of doing business ..they must raise prices up out there for some reason. Saved 80 bones..not bad.
monstersteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

For those with air cooled fuel injected buses and vanagons, here is something you need to know about the BWD injectors. The 57530P disc injector supply through O'Reilly's seems to have dried up. Those injectors will not work for your air cooled rig. The reason is because they are high impedance injectors (between 15-16 ohms).
The waterboxers are high resistance set ups. The air cooleds are low impedance (between 2-3 ohms). The correct disc injector for the low resistance aircooled application is BWD 27530. These are available through O'Reilly's and very reasonably priced (about $25 if memory serves). You may have to wait a couple days for them to come in from another store location. If you use the low impedance 27530 on your waterboxer, this could fry your ECU. If you use the high resistance 57530P on your aircooled, the engine will run, but will have trouble running right because the set up is not supplying enough power to work the solenoids in your injectors. If you are unsure what you have in your engine, get your ohm meter out and check the two tabs for resistance.
I had trouble with one of my four 57530P s - it dumped too much fuel into the cylinder and leaked gas into my oil. Flooded badly - I had to pull the injectors off on that side, pull the AFM elbow off and crank the motor to clear the chambers so I could start the van. When I tried to warranty the defective part, O'Reilly's could not locate one anywhere on the planet. Autozone lists them still, so maybe I would have had better luck there. but I gave up. On my aircooled van, the 27530 s seem to be running fine, although perhaps a tad lean. My #3 temps were over 400 F going up a grade I drive frequently without touching 400 degrees. So I may need to re-tune the mixture at my smog guy's shop for the new injectors.
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

Do these look like real bosch?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Bosch-Upgrade-Fue...1438.l2649
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons Reply with quote

Since this got bumped back up. Please take a look at Marco's new EV14 technology wbx injectors. Much better spray pattern with finer atomization.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: