Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lars Neuffer - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: LarsNeuffer
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 12, 2010
dragonlipshotrods
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Lars Neuffer - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had bought some parts from a guy in Germany, by the name of Lars Neuffer back in November of 2005. I finally received them on the week of Easter 2006. I had given him a account # to Fed ex with info on how to ship the freight because he said that he didin't ship freight. What would have cost me $300 ended up costing me $1200 because he didin't ship it the way I asked him to. Now I see that he is shipping the freight worldwide, at least thats what his ad says. He did not ship all the parts that I paid for, so I wrote him back and told him. He wrote back and said the parts would be sent after Easter. I have not heard from him since. I've emailed him a dozen times and heard nothing. I thought maybe he might of been sick or passed on, but now I see that he is running ads again. I emailed telling him that I saw his ads and told him that I would write the Samba about his dealings and have not heard a thing. I thought I would write to expose this guy, or keep him from running any more ads.
Thanks
Gordon

([email protected]) ( http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=34424 )

Last edited by dragonlipshotrods on Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lars is a well respected member of the VW community. I doubt that your threats have any affect on him.
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hotvw1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
Lars is a well respected member of the VW community. I doubt that your threats have any affect on him.

so that gives him the right to rip people off? Won't be much respected much longer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is that Lars has been dealing with VW's for many years and has shipped parts all over the world. HotVW1, do you know for sure he's ripped anyone off? Remember there are two sides to every story, so try not to be so quick to judge. I agree that lack of communication is not good, perhaps a phone call would be best.
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dragonlipshotrods
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Warning parts not received Reply with quote

I'm not making any of this up. All I want is the parts that I paid for. I've
been dealing with Lars since November,05 and had no problems with communications. Now the remainder of the parts being shipped is on his dime so I guess it's cheaper for him not to ship my parts at all. I would rather have my parts then to write these letters. Maybe you can drop him a line and see if he returns your messages? All I ask from him is to return my emails so we can finish our dealings. Maybe you can tell me were I can get some rear cargo latches, a transporter badge, and hinge covers for a 86 crewcab here in the states? That's all of the parts that he owes me to finish the deal. All the parts were on the truck when I seen the pictures, he just didin't send them.
Lee Hedges
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Communicating with Lars Neuffer Reply with quote

No one likes dealing with long-distance parts-buying when you don't have confidence nor experience with the seller. Lars Neuffer is a good guy, always busy with supplying the world with rare & desirable KG & T3/34 parts, but is an honest and dedicated guy. He prefers to communicate by telephone calls in the mornings (Germany time) and he tends to ignore emails (even from his good friends), that's just his style. He has the goods and provides a very important service to us all ... and I'd be willing to bet he really isn't too impressed with American buyers attitudes.

My advice: be nice, call him on the phone, and ask for the remaining parts to be sent when he can get to it. Be persistent with calls every other week until the parts arrive. But be nice.

Remember: the World Cup is going on this month in Germany and I'd think Lars (and every European) is attending as many games as he can afford!

LEE HEDGES
San Diego, California USA
15+ years experience with Lars (all positive)
spkncarl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make sure his name and/or company name is in the title so people here can look it up when they do a search. If he's running a business over there I would check and see if they have something like the better business bureau, like in the states. Turn his ass in if you can. You should not have to kiss ass and wait for him to get around to sending parts that YOU PAID FOR. That's bullsh!t. This guy is a thief....the way he's conducting business is plain WRONG. You people over there quit making excuses for his poor business and behavior. Let the Samba know he's still running ads and mabe they'll be stopped until he sends the parts.

Good luck...I know I won't buy from him. Evil or Very Mad
dragonlipshotrods
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Warning parts not received Reply with quote

Being nice is paying for the parts November 7, 2005 and not receiving any of the parts until April 2006. Being nice is sending nice e-mails asking when can I expect them, not demanding he send them. Being nice is working with his sched not mine. Being nice is letting him use my fedex account to send them and then not following my directions e-mailed to him and letting the $300 quoted shipping cost turn into $1200.00 because he did not follow printed instructions, he told me he does not ship items and this was all new to him. Can you see my fustration now. I'm not saying he is not a nice guy, or maybe hasn't conducted great business in the past, I'm saying I have not been treated as good as you in my dealings with him. I have no recourse at this time except to see if my comrades in the Samba world can help me to either get what I already paid for or to warn unsuspecting folks of what I have endured. I don't know what you mean by American attitudes, but I'm betting European attitudes are no different, you expect what you pay for. A phone call is not real when our past communications have always been on line at everyone's convenience. [/u]
DSF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Warning parts not received Reply with quote

dragonlipshotrods wrote:
I don't know what you mean by American attitudes, but I'm betting European attitudes are no different, you expect what you pay for.[/u]

Well, according to LEE, an a propper American attitude is to play "nice", beg for what is yours, and bow to the superiority of all those that are European.

Thanks for your help, LEE.
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Communicating with Lars Neuffer Reply with quote

Lee Hedges wrote:
I'd be willing to bet he really isn't too impressed with American buyers attitudes.

My advice: be nice, call him on the phone, and ask for the remaining parts to be sent when he can get to it. Be persistent with calls every other week until the parts arrive.

LEE HEDGES
San Diego, California USA
15+ years experience with Lars (all positive)
Well, I can see that there is at least one american buyer that is not too impressed with this european sellers attitude either! (regardless of what you're experiences with "lars" have been). Why should this buyer have to coddle this guy to get what he PAID FOR?. $10 calls every other week until this guy "feels" like shipping out what he's already been PAID for?. I guess lars was "impressed" enough with the buyers american $. He took the $$$, he should (have) sent the parts!. Business is business, regardless what sport/finals/games are being played.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LarsNeuffer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: There are always two sides of the story... Reply with quote

Hello all !

First, I wanted to say " Thank you " for all your comments on the article from Gordon. Well, there seem to be two problems with this purchase.

No. 1 .) Gordon did not get the parts we send after we sent the first parcel - so we need to check this. No problem at all since we have insurance and plenty of those parts left. Anyway, I did not know that - may be due to the fact that we are not able to check the email account that is connected to the samba.com account anymore ( too much Spam - and sorrily i do not know how to change that ) - so please go in all communictation for [email protected] or simply CALL !!! In fact we got no emails from him to this new account.

No.2 ) Gordon wanted to handle the shipment on his own. It took him about 8 weeks to figure something out ( btw... if we would have handled that it would have been in his hands during that time and at very reasonable costs ( container shipping - no airfreight ). finally he was not able to arrange a pick up from his side so he asked us to help. All we could do was to call Fedex here to pick up the parcel - I have not set up a price with them since this was in buyers response. So - we are not involved in the FEDEX - shipping.

It is more than unfair to say that we rip someone off... We got paid for the parts and the packaging - that is it - the rest goes to FEDEX - and the freight was about 2 1/2 times the value of parts.... silly, or ???

I would advise Gordon to make up your mind before you buy something and let people who know how to do it deal with freight - rather than shipping a rear double cab door and cut out with airfreight !!!!

I can understand the he is unhappy with the shipping situation - but what can I do about that ???? I just wanted to be friendly and help.

Best regards

Lars
dragonlipshotrods
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lars, Thanks for finally getting in on this.
My goal in all of this was to get your attention. I told you that the parts were missing and I needed them. You communicated to me the parts would be sent after Easter. Your e-mail didn't change till later, however mine stayed the same and I heard nothing from you. Please send the parts I have paid for, that's all I ever wanted. As I said in my previous notes. As far as the shipping goes I allowed you to use my account since you communicated that you did not handle shipping. But since you didn't follow my directions the cost was higher than it should have been. No big deal I absorbed the expense, I wanted the parts. When can I expect the remaining parts, that's what all this boils down to.
Gordon
BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon,

I just wanted to add that I have also bought parts from Lars on several occasions both from Ebay and off. Shipping took time because I used surface service. These were for parts I was not in a hurry to get. Each time, they arrived professionally packaged and exactly as described. There was one incident where one Vanagon headlight washertank was missing. Sorted that out. It's coming on my next shipment. I've dealt with dozens on other vendors in Europe for items as large as a whole side of a Tristar. I can say w/o hesitation that Lars was tops among the bunch. I will be ordering more T3 (Vanagon) parts from him in the near future w/o any reservation.

I sponsor the San Francisco Van-O-Rama every year fo the 6th year now. On Saturday, I met with Charlie K. who just bought a T3 Tristar from Lars. He had nothing but good to say. Kim S. who also owns a Tristar and has bought parts from Lars too. No complaints. Perhaps we were all lucky. Or perhaps, Lars is just easy to deal with. I hope you have sorted your deal out with him. I will say that he may not have the lowest prices he always seem to have what I want in the quantity that I need. His services are always first rate to me.

All my communication with him has been by email rather than phone. Saves the hassle of time zone differences.

BenT
vanagoncafe.info
johangrondahl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Lars Neuffer Reply with quote

Does enyone know what is going on with Lars Neuffer?
I bought a pair of NOS frontfenders and a pair of chrom dividors (was that right written?) for my -59 Ghia.
I got the fenders but not the rest. Have tried to send him e-mails but I don't get any contact.
All parts and shipping is paid...

Can someone help me to get my parts?

Please,
Johan
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Lars from"tristar connection" Reply with quote

I've bought parts from him on line (ebay) and in Person in England at Vanfest . No issues. Met his wife ,very nice.
Have emailed some requests for parts and rarely get replies. I guess E mailis not his thing.
I'd buy from him again.

Stacy/89 tristar- syncro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HouseofGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true....a little slow on emails...but I get pretty quick replies via fax.
vw2165slr58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: LARS / WHO ?????????/ Reply with quote

I`VE BEEN EMAILING THIS GUY SINCE MAY WHEN I BOUGHT MY TYPE 34.I WAS TOLD HE IS THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN WHEN IT COMES TO GHIA STUFF .(T -1 AND T- 3). I`VE YET TO RECIEVE ANY RESPONSE FROM HIM. WHAT GIVES ??? IS HE REAL OR WHAT ??? Shocked
johangrondahl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Lars Neuffer Reply with quote

I have finally got my parts from Lars that I ordered in august 06...
Hi's a little bit slow, but he has the nice parts and I have, as I already said, got my parts, so NO PROBLEM for me anymore... and now when I know how things works in his shop I will order from him again, when I need some parts for my low-light...

Johan

-59 Karmann Ghia
Supercharged -64 Standard Beetle
-65 Beetle
Chris Morrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Lars owes me cash and never sent my parts a year ago Reply with quote

My name is Chris Morrice and I have sold nearly 10 cars to Lars Nueffer and bought things from him. But now he owes me $80 in paypal fees and a type 34 door handle that I paid for over a year ago. He said several times that he was going to send it and the $80 but never did and it has been a year since I paid for the door handle. He has sometimes been very slow getting back to me and it has never been a problem untill now. I have emailed him every few months and have nicely asked for my cash and the type 34 door handle. It has been almost a year since he has replied and I don't know what else to do. Lars, if you read this please email me at [email protected].
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a 67 heater vent piece from him a couple of weeks ago and the transaction went smoothly. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: