Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

exhaust extractor and muffler ,clearance
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: exhaust extractor and muffler ,clearance Reply with quote

Well here I go, but much too low.......I am running a separate extactor and muffler set on my 78 2Ltr and there is not enough ground clearance! Both are made by B*gpak. Does anyone know of a good extractor model, where I could still use the good muffler, yet get the muffler up closer under the bumper? OR...maybe a good one piece unit that is reasonably priced and offers the better ground clearance? TFAH
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: exhaust extractor and muffler ,clearance Reply with quote

I recently saw an ad for a Thing-style extractor that is several inches higher up. Made by one of the better known companies, advertised in the recent VWTrends or Hot VWs.

Looks like it will accept your Bugpak muffler.
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: exhaust extractor and muffler ,clearance Reply with quote

That is from Kimco,and they have good extractors. But they seem to be back-ordered on them right now,so dont expect it to come in soon if you do order. I am currently waiting on one,with a hideaway muffler. Its worth the wait to me though. Won't fit on the 78,but you could check with them and see if they have what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: exhaust extractor and muffler ,clearance Reply with quote

Well,got the thing header in today so I guess they aren't back ordered anymore. OOPS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: exhaust extractor and muffler ,clearance Reply with quote

Maybe I'm misunderstood...maybe I don't make sense with my description.......
What I'm trying to accomplish is a new shape/type of extractor that will allow me to use my very good muffler. Rather than go to the expense of a whole new one piece unit like a "monza" or even a "tube shaped" muffler on a connected extractor(header).
Does anybody have such an item?How will the Thing extractor fit my 2ltr? Sure do appreciate the help,volks! Oh yeah, remember this... "A life of peace and happiness depends on your own Gratefulness!"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: