Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

16CVs - [email protected] - stacy schneider
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 16CVs
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
clausfest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

just had my second window regulator rebuilt for my Vanagon. excellent communication, fast turn around on the rebuild, and excellent work.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Some feedback moved to here at Stacy's request......

kipkohl wrote:
Have been dealing with wonky power windows for a while. Finally contacted Samba member Stacy (16cvs) about his refurbished power window regulator/motor sets. He was prompt in his replies to my emails, and the regulators were in my sweaty little hands about a week after I ordered them. I installed them, sent him my old ones, and now have working power windows.
If you're in the market for replacement regulator/motor sets, contact Stacy, he'll hook you up!

ThankYouJerry wrote:
X2!

bluebus86 wrote:
He also is an expert glass installer, At your location, his work is done out of a vanagon truck, how classy is that? Me, well I am a satisfied customer. He is located on the San Fransisco Pennisula. if your near there and need a new windshield for any car, give him a ring.

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jim doyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

The passenger side window motor in my 89 Vanagon was giving me fits. It failed, then worked, failed , then worked and so on. I have recently received a motor from Stacy. I installed it today and it works perfectly. Hopefully it will continue to do so for a long time.
I found Stacy very easy to deal with. He responds quickly and takes care of business. I have nothing but good things to say about him and will contact him again if needed.

Thanks, Stacy.

James Doyle
GyroScope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Stacy is very professional. He is easy to work with (he prefers the phone) and true to his word about deposits and payments. And prompt, as well; always a bonus, eh? I highly recommend him if you need to replace your electric window regulator.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom K.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

I mailed Stacy my broken driver's side Vanagon window regulator and motor, and he repaired it and shipped it back all within a few days. The repaired window regulator - preferred to the cheap new ones - now works alike a charm. Highly recommended.
'65 Ghia: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=762478&highlight=
neilrayc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

I R&R'd my PS motor/regulator via Stacy and he was great to work with. Patient with communique (I know what it's like to deal with folks online buying/selling.) and courteous. I'm about to do my DS motor/regulator and relish not going to GW. Smile
HeadWizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a 1960 VW from 16CV's Stacy Schneider. It was a pleasure to do business with a person with such a knowledge, passion and hands on with what he sells. The vehicle was even better than described it in the add. I flew in Stacy picked me up at the airport I purchased the vehicle and drove it home 500 miles. Doesn't get any better Lonnie Reed
Otan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a vintage Empi part from Stacy, transaction was smooth and he really takes care of his business. He replied my email in less than 5 min and i got my item super quick and well packaged.

Recommended, thanks
Richard Roth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just bought a rare Empi item from Stacy.
Instant communication and the item arrived lightning fast.
I hope to buy from him again in the future.

1966 Empi GTV MKIV
1954 Kabriolett Beetle
1953 Porsche 356 1500S
1957 Cable brake standard model
1962 cable brake standard model
1956 23 window Samba
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Corvair Greenbrier
HeadWizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a Hurst shifter from Stacy. As always a great pleasure doing business, quick communication. Meticulous care with the item, well packed and fast shipping.
indytriple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

My dealings with Stacy have been absolutely horrible.

See my feedback page here to read his ridiculous ranting:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8306802

He bought an item from me that I had listed.

- I provided 9 (!) detailed pictures of this item via a link on my listing. See pictures here:
https://indytriple.smugmug.com/Cars/How-Do-You-Like-These-Apples
- I provided the VW part number.
- The item was listed specifically in parenthesis as "Non-Vanagon"
- I only allow returns when the item is defective or if my listing is incorrect.
- I never offered to take the part back or to provide any refund whatsoever.

He told me several times that he didn't even look at the pictures at all and that he must have misread the listing. Even his feedback states, "Seems that I should have read the description a little better, and ran the part numbers which were listed." This buyer made a blatant, careless mistake and then wanted me to pay for his carelessness with my time and trouble. I go to great effort to provide buyers with excellent photos, descriptions and part numbers. If those buyers choose to willfully ignore or misread that information then that is their problem.

I was bothered incessantly by this buyer, and I was treated rudely. He would not stop calling my phone, and whenever I would log in to The Samba he would "stalk" me and start calling again. I told him repeatedly that I would not return the item. Despite that, he refused to relent. He even reported me to Everett with The Samba, and I had to take up valuable time to explain the situation to Everett via a detailed email.

I have sold hundreds of VW parts through this site, and I have never once had any problem with anyone. It's been a fun experience, and I've met lots of really friendly, nice people. I am a fair and honest seller.

I will NEVER sell to this buyer again. It was a horrible experience. I do not recommend doing business with him.

87 Vanagon Westy Auto Bostig

www.bluegrassbicyclecompany.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

My Buddy Jon ( Indy Triple) has a little trouble with the truth. He is stuck on the fact that I admitted that I bought it with out looking at it more closely. He had it poorly listed and admitted that he could have listed it more accurately, He agreed to Re list for me (which never happened) and then In a call he made to me about some feedback which was accurate, we agreed as a compromise that I would modify my feedback and he would take the item back and give me 50% of what I paid for it, if I shipped it back.
Once the feedback was Modified, ol Jon changed his tune and never provided me a shipping address and went on radio silence. I could care less about the money. I threw the switch away because it had no value after attempting to sell it numerous times. I hate Slimey characters like him who LIE to get something and don't hold their end of a deal and try and paint me as a Stalker and lunatic.
He glosses over the fact that I changed his feedback. My biggest mistake was trusting him for his word and not having any documentation. I write this not as sour grapes but as an addendum to facts not accurately stated.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
indytriple
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Lying and revisionist history certainly are trendy these days, and Stacy is doing his best to emulate the folks that make it an art form.

How can an item be listed poorly when you provide the buyer with 9 detailed pictures, a description and a VW part number? The item was also listed as Non-Vanagon. He admits in his feedback that he never looked at the pictures and that he should have run the VW part number. So how did his mistake suddenly become my responsibility?

He himself stated in his feedback, "Seems that I should have read the description a little better, and ran the part numbers which were listed. I jumped the gun..."

Here's a clear cut case where he didn't do his research, but then made the fault and the responsibility mine. He has numerous posts on this forum where he berates people for not using the FAQ before they ask a question (it's a favorite hobby of his). It is easy to advocate for personal responsibility from behind a keyboard. Putting your money where your mouth is is obviously much harder.

His signature line should read...
"People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, but you can get away with it if you know how to fix the glass and make it look like you never did anything wrong." Go teach that one to the boys in the troop.

87 Vanagon Westy Auto Bostig

www.bluegrassbicyclecompany.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
inca99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fast turnaround and great comm re. my vanagon power window motor rebuild / repair. Sent my regulator and motor and after inspection, Stacy refunded partial payment because the regulator was working fine. Appreciate his integrity and the fact that there's actually someone willing to do this repair!!
Will definitely work with him again when the other side needs repair.
rayroc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

bought a pop out window from stacey on march 17th it's now the 27th and no communication from him at all he doesn't respond to emails Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Mad
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just returned from being away from communication. Original transaction was started before I left. Offer was made and rejected, I countered and heard nothing from buyer and went on my way to the land of no communication.
While Traveling I saw that she now wanted the part, I attempted to send and E mail from a spot when there was a little internet, attempting to explain I was out of town until today.
Working in the garage getting orders built for Monday, I look at my E mail and see a message from Samba that buyer that had left me left then positive E mail.
I have given the Buyer a full refund and apologize for any grief I may have caused her.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rayroc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

after paying for window and sent several emails asking if payment was received because I didn't hear anything

texted as well to get a response that he was on vacation but no details on return date

waited several days and inquired as to when he might be back and ship the window only to after 10 days get a refund which I never asked for.

In response to the refund email sent stating I wanted the window and was being patient only inquiring to its status.

only reasonable to inquire politely !!!! if he truely was sorry he would have asked what he could do to remedy this and I would have requested nicely to send it if time permits.

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
STAY FAR AWAY FROM

STACY SCHNEIDER DID I SAY STACY SCHNEIDER STAY FAR AWAY

AN ALL TIME LOW FOR A DEADBEAT SAMBA SELLER !!!!!!!

what a disgusting excuse for someone representing parts to fellow enthusiasts

I could NOT have played by the rules better polite, considerate and profressional
and STACY obfuscates responsibility completely. I highly recommend staying away
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just bought a window regulator from Stacy. It arrived promptly and works great! Working with Stacy was an easy and positive experience. I would definitely recommend him and will certainly buy from him again when the need arises.

I don't know what's up with the review above but I have met Stacy and done business with him and I'm pretty certain that's not the way he conducts business...
unclelori9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

I wanted to post some quick feedback. Stacy recently rebuilt/repaired my passenger side window motor/regulator. Communication was great and turnaround time was super fast. I was finally able to reinstall everything (after getting my van back from the paint shop) a couple weeks ago and so far, it's working great. I'll probably end up sending the other one to him soon enough.

Thanks for being awesome, Stacy!
Ben Root
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: stacy schneider - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just received and installed (via my pro shop) a rebuilt window regulator and motor. Stronger than ever (or at least in the 17 years I've owned the van). Perfect service/solution. Likely better than an aftermarket motor (which needs custom installation, and is weaker, right?).

Payment process was a bit convoluted (requiring PayPal for deposit/core), but actual payment by check through mail, with the Paypal then refunded. I understand his reasoning, as a small business. Just a few extra steps that I'm lazy about in this day of on-line immediacy. Refund received, promptly, as promised.

Thanks Stacy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: