Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help me!!!
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WATIGOT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Help me!!! Reply with quote

About 6 months ago i bought a 1970 vw bus. I reacently put in a preformance 1776 and it has 2000 miles. the only thing is it has been a real chore for a 17 year old with not a lot of cash to keep running. Tires and rims with all the clips, a new stering box and brake lines recently. I put wood floors and pannels on the inside it has an incomplete westy interrior and the pop top. i did put a small sound system in it. can any body tell me an est. on what its worth
kevin77westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not without pics or at least a better description of its +'s and -'s..
Cheers..
trackwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tires and rims with all the clips

Not sure what clips are?
How much rust? What is the paint and overall condition of the body? A bus can go for as little as $100.00 Thats what I paid for a rust free complete interior but it had no motor or trans but $400.00 more and I was driving around and sold it for $3800. and then there are $15-20K for not exactly perfect examples. Look thru the classifieds you may find something similar to your ride to give you and idea
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably means the 5 hubcap clips on each wheel....... Up to the end of 1970, bus wheels used riveted on clips to hold the domed hubcaps on.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: