Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Masterseries on the entire car?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krmnnghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Masterseries on the entire car? Reply with quote

I am about to order up some Masterseries silver and black to do my pan and was reading up on the masterseriesct.com website. I noticed they had completely covered their project truck in silver. Living here in Michigan rust is a HUGE concern of mine. Has anyone actually sprayed their entire car inside and out with this stuff and eventually painted over it? Does anyone think I would have any issues doing it?

Also does anyone know how warm it has to be outside for me to lay this stuff on in my garage?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Classifieds Feedback
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend between 60 and 70 in the shop. It is important to have the metal warm also. If the air is warm and the metal you are painting is cold, paint will run off like water no matter what the paint is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive actually used it when it was 40 degrees outside and it did work fine when I was doing a floorpan. Just took a little longer to dry. It is a moisture cured urethane, so the humidity in the air is what really makes it set up. You dont want to try to dure it with heat lamps. It would dry on the surface, and still be gassing underneath creating blistering/bubbles etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Krmnnghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well currently the temps outside range from +2 to +30's. My garage is usually between +30 and +50 depending on if I have my propane heater running. I guess I will have to wait until it warms up to do the whole car but the pan should be fine to do now? Any issue with the Pan metal "sweating" from the warm garage and cold metal after I apply the stuff? Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Classifieds Feedback
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually try to heat up the metal and the garage at the same time. If the shop is warm and the metal is brought in from cold outside, you might get some condensation forming on the metal. So warm up everything at one time. Horizontal painting, like on a pan is almost never a problem. Its when you do like a vertical surface perhaps a door or quarter panel when the running would be more of a problem. ChuckP
Krmnnghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool sounds good. The car is always in the garage so it is never below 30 degrees. I guess I will just let the garage heat for an hour or so before hand. Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: