Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Clicking noise when turning to the right
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAVEPIMP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Clicking noise when turning to the right Reply with quote

Just curious guys. Would my CV joints make a clicking noise when turning if they were starting to go out? I have a 78 bus and its starting to make that noise hen turning to the right. Any suggestions would help.

Laters
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Clicking noise when turning to the right Reply with quote

YES! unless your rear wheel arches are hacked and flapping in the breeze! Whatzzzz up James!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WAVEPIMP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Clicking noise when turning to the right Reply with quote

EASY now------ about hacked arches. They help the bus corner like its on rails--sike!!!! Whats the easiest way to determine which one or ones are bad, and how labor intensive is it to replace them them.

Is it true Keith --- you gonna start paddling out into the waves again? Or are you gonna stay on the jetties and throw fishing tackle at us in the water. How is Ians bus comming or are you done with that? I need to fix my flappy arches but due to a new baby on the way and the wife going to be off work for a while, I have to refrain from spending money on my bus.

Laters James
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:29 am    Post subject: Clicking noise when turning to the right Reply with quote

Baby! Man, gonna have to change your nickname to the Sperminator! LOL! It is usually the outer one that goes out first... I have some new boots and some cv's/ shafts ont the shelf we can re do one an then change it out so your not down more than a half hour or so... Give me a call... I'll hook you up....
Weather last week slowed ians job bown and a few other things got in the way but he has an alternate mode of transpo.... gonna be jamming on it the next 2-3 days...
Now that Spanish Mackeral season is pretty much over, Yeah I'll be hitting the anklesnappers.... I saw your bus that thurs of lili.... but I had to bolt back home and couldn't come out for another session...
Bummed I missed the Thurs of Izzy.... later
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BORIS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: Clicking noise when turning to the right Reply with quote

Just a thought but are you sure the clicking is comeing from the rear of your bus? mine did a similar thing when turning left! it turned out to be a worn front wheelbearing, you can adjust it fairly simply!
BORIS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WAVEPIMP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Clicking noise when turning to the right Reply with quote

Yeah its comming from the rear. Keith I have some new boots in the garage just haven't had time to install yet. I'll try and swing by tuesday (tomorrow) with the bus and let you hear it or something and we can go from there.

Thanks, Laters
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: