Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NHL Fans?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

C'mon, guys, as much as you all hate the Ducks, that comeback last night against the Oilers was epic. Admit it, no matter how the rest of the round plays out. Wink
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
C'mon, guys, as much as you all hate the Ducks, that comeback last night against the Oilers was epic. Admit it, no matter how the rest of the round plays out. Wink

Didn't see it. Can't say good things. Wink Laughing

Last edited by cdennisg on Sun May 07, 2017 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Go Oilers!
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Why dont I trust the Ducks in a game 7?
The game 5 come back was stellar. Down 3 goals with 4 minutes to play... is epic. Shocked
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Ducks advance. Smile
Go Ducks.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

dammit.

The ducks (yawn) and the Predators in the West, and the Penguins (yawn) and the senators in the East.

Rotting for Preds/Sens final. At least partly because the games will be earlier in the evening on TV. Work comes real early on weekdays.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Rotting for Preds/Sens final.

Rotting about sums it up for me, too. Wink
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I sure fat-fingered that one, eh? Laughing
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I could not believe the ducks played so bad in the last 10 minutes last night. Giving up the lead in the last 34 seconds I didnt think they could get momentum back in OT. They did. Damn that building went quiet fast! Series tied and back to Anaheim. Go Ducks!
syncrodemaya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I sure fat-fingered that one, eh? Laughing

Looking for the same final as well. Pens are so injured at this point I don't see them making it to the final again. If they were healthy I think they would but now they're unable to produce goals.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Congrats to the Penguins on their win tonight. I wasn't watching (motorcycle ride Cool ), but I heard it on the radio news right after the win.

I watched, I'm from Pittsburgh, born a mile from Forbes Field (now live in Arizona). Real good to see, I bleed Black & Gold (no other city has its NHL, MLB, NFL teams all have same colors). Too bad they didn't close it out last Friday in Pittsburgh, but I really didn't want it to go to a Game 7 either.

Cusser wrote:
richardc wrote:
Will Pitt. Repeat? ?

Planning on it !!!

Penguins join Pirates and Steelers with One for the Thumb with gritty victory last night !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Congrats to Matt Cullen, Moorhead MN native and St. Cloud State University alum, on his second Stanley cup win in his 18 year professional hockey career.

And also congrats to Phil Kessel, Wisconsin boy and former U of M Gopher.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Holy shit what a good game 1 tonight. I have no dog in this fight, but I am rooting for the Caps just because.

If every game of this series is anywhere near as intense as this one, I will be completely worn out by the end. Great hockey!
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Anyone upset that a first year expansion team is playing for the Stanley Cup?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffinohio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

As a Pens fan,I am now rooting for Vegas and Flower.Think it would be cool to see them win it all.I do think the NHL expansion draft may need tweeked after this....
67 Cougar
3 Subarus
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Holy shit what a good game 1 tonight. I have no dog in this fight, but I am rooting for the Caps just because.

If every game of this series is anywhere near as intense as this one, I will be completely worn out by the end. Great hockey!

Game 1 was one of the best games I’ve seen. Very fast paced.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
Anyone upset that a first year expansion team is playing for the Stanley Cup?

I think it's more of a curiosity than anything else, but there is some discussion of changing how the expansion draft can stack a team that deep.

Currently frustrated that the NHL is too damn cheap to air game 3 of the STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF series on NBC, on a SATURDAY NIGHT. Must have a really important episode of the Voice or some other stupid reality show. Unreal.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I love hockey but I can’t deal with a sport that’s played on ice, in June
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I love hockey but I can’t deal with a sport that’s played on ice, in June

The season is much too long, I agree. The cup needs to be awarded at least a month earlier.

Forgot to come here to congratulate the Washington Capitals on their first win of the Stanley Cup. It was nice to see Ovechkin and Backstrom take their skate with the cup, then give it to the workhorse Orpik next. Nice recognition of an unsung job done well.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I agree hockey needs to be done by Memorial Day. The season isn't too long just the play offs are. It need to be cut down to the best of 3 series for the elimination rounds and maybe best of 5 for the Stanly Cup Finals. Same thing with the NBA. Football is only has a one game Super Bowl.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Jump to:
Page 97 of 105

Jump to: