Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Motorcycle Fest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
hitest wrote:
I'm not scared of you clothed, but I am just the guy who finds these "dull" screwdrivers at estate sales and thinks nothing of them being different. I just know they work better on some heads and share space in the Phillips drawer. You taught me something- and not in the ordinary page 81 Kamasutra way.

My lack of encyclopedic knowledge of the kombi sutra clouds my recollection of page 81. Is that the one about screwdrivers?

More about redheaded carpenters and flattopped middle aged guys.

I did find a screwdriver at work today that fits the JIS descriptors- it's a stubbier S-K and quite beaten- but has the shallower "V"

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
hitest wrote:
I'm not scared of you clothed, but I am just the guy who finds these "dull" screwdrivers at estate sales and thinks nothing of them being different. I just know they work better on some heads and share space in the Phillips drawer. You taught me something- and not in the ordinary page 81 Kamasutra way.

My lack of encyclopedic knowledge of the kombi sutra clouds my recollection of page 81. Is that the one about screwdrivers?

More about redheaded carpenters and flattopped middle aged guys.

I did find a screwdriver at work today that fits the JIS descriptors- it's a stubbier S-K and quite beaten- but has the shallower "V"

I really need to dye my hair.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
I saw this when I walked out of Home Depot the other day. I knew right away it wasn't your average street bike. I stopped and checked it out, took pictures because I knew I was going to have to look it up. It looked to be a work in progress as some of the carbon fiber was not finished and the wind screen not installed.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

I figure this belongs here.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/04/24/...dies-at-88
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

So I've been wanting to do this for years and I have finally started. I love two stroke street bikes Mach 3's, RD''s you name it. So I bought a titled two stroke enduro from Craigslist.

I started stripping it down and eliminating everything not needed to run.

I bought some street tires and had some leftover parts. I also bought some clubman bars which is not in the pic.

I'm going to lower it a bit and de-tab the frame. Just a bike to put into town on for a quick errand. I'll post progress pics.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

I bought another bike. I sold a 71 kombi to make room and to pay the tab. Best swap ever.

Here in the driveway we see my 68 single cab. Then the two Honda 90's, and my 96 Moto Guzzi. The 76 BMW R90/6 is as I bought it. After the photo, bikes got washed and tucked away for now. Both the Guzzi and the BMW went for a ride to "dry them off". Wink

sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Awesome Corey, I have never owned a BMW but always wanted one.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

sixfootdan wrote:
Awesome Corey, I have never owned a BMW but always wanted one.

I have wanted a mid 70's airhead for twenty years. I have known the seller of this bike for at least that long, and I had bothered him about it many times. He moved in next door to me, bought a newer bike from a mutual friend of ours, and told me I needed to buy the BMW from him. Done deal!

I have ownership history from when the bike was sold new in Billings, MT in 1975. Also a stack of receipts for a bunch of work done from that time through the mid 2K's. Can't wait to dig into it during the snowy cold winter months soon to come. I've got a big pile of firewood and a list of shop projects all lined up.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

I have a 2012 Softail Slim. Before that I had a 2007 Dyna.
Out of all the modification the shotgun shock with adjustable height and rebound was the best mod I did. Check them out.

When I first got it

Torn down

When I finally finished putting it back together.

How it sits today 5 years later.

[/img]
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

My neighbor has had a '72 Moto Guzzi since 1994. I moved next to him back in 2003 and saw it for the first time that year. Every spring when he would get it out, I asked him how much he wanted for it. Every year he laughed and said no.

This year, my wife got a new job in another state. We were busy getting rid of stuff and preparing for the move when I went over to see Ron. The Guzzi was sitting in the garage, covered with dust. He probably only put 50 miles on it in the last 5 years. He would fire it up, drive around a little, then park it back in the garage. I asked him how much and he gave me a price. I had to ask again because I thought he was joking. He was very much serious. The price for me was about 1/2 it's real value because I had wanted it for so long. I've ridden bikes since I was 13 (53 now) but have never had my endorsement. I quickly remedied that situation and bought the bike.

We made our move, but because of my dad's health and work, the bike moved to Utah and I stayed in Idaho for about 4 months. I've been back in Utah for a couple weeks and have been riding it every chance I have.

FU#3
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Notch- those seat look incredibly comfortable.
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: This Old Tractor Reply with quote

Yes, yes, yes. Eldorados are such great machines. Solid, durable, reliable, like a Wilton bench vise with wheels. A friend over yonder restored one and dropped the tank off for me to redo the pinstriping and a few weeks later pitched me a '77 V50 for a nice price. Cannot show a photo thanks to Photobucket sucking shit through a straw.

Also cannot show the '96 Honda VFR750 I'm rehabbing.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: This Old Tractor Reply with quote

&Dan wrote:
Yes, yes, yes. Eldorados are such great machines. Solid, durable, reliable, like a Wilton bench vise with wheels. A friend over yonder restored one and dropped the tank off for me to redo the pinstriping and a few weeks later pitched me a '77 V50 for a nice price. Cannot show a photo thanks to Photobucket sucking shit through a straw.

Also cannot show the '96 Honda VFR750 I'm rehabbing.

Please find a new photo host. The need to see your V50 is great.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Got a nice but too short 40 mile ride in today. It might be the last nice sunny day we get around here for awhile. Trying for a ride in all 12 months of 2017. I started in January and have made it through October so far. November and December may prove difficult, but not impossible. Cold air isn't a problem for me, but I won't make a dumb risk with icy or snowy roads..

All rides are on the Guzzi, and must be at least 20 miles with some highway speeds. A putt around the block doesn't count.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Gotta be cold by now in Idaho. We had 80 degree weather over the weekend and got 100 miles out of it. Going to have to winterize it soon (the amount of salt and sand they spray on the roads for .00005 inches of snow is insane here)
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Thanks, man. Photobucket is a enterprise run into the ground by a sleazy troupe of immoral shitweasels.
Conversely it's rolling into the bestest time for ridin' down here as summer is like French Guiana only rottener and with cowboy hats.
Now in autumn it's staggeringly lovely.

Speaking of Nazi whipdicks, take a look at this silent promo film by NSU of the 1939 ISDT in recently 'annexed' Austria- utterly fantastic machines but don't gaze too long into the abyss of some of the monsters aboard what with their evil SS uniforms.

Link

What a world.
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Link
advCo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

A few of my projects from the past 5 years.

'74 Honda CB360 Cafe Racer - My first project. All work done in house. Hand formed fiberglass tail, fenders. Painted in my old 12x12' shop. EX500/650 brake swap, etc.

After:

'74 Honda XL350 Resto/Mod - This is the motorcycle equivalent of my current Ghia project Very Happy

Before:

After:

'73 Suzuki RV 125 - Nut and Bolt Resto

Before:

After:

A bunch of vintage Japanese motorcycles
"Much ingenuity with a little money is vastly more profitable and amusing than much money without ingenuity." -A. Bennett
tripicana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

That Suzuki looks awesome
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

advCo wrote:

After:

That's pretty.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: