Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

porsche999 - [email protected] - Gary
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: porsche999
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 23, 2010
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everett, there will be no resolution to this. it's pretty much over as it sits right now.

i returned the clock to him, certified, signature required. he has refused to accept the package, and by doing so admits that the package did arrive at his residence and he had an opportunity to do something, anything, to acknowledge my disappointment. that has not happened in the slightest. there has been ZERO communication from him regarding this, even though i specifically and explicitly said i did not even want my money back.
i have gotten over what has transpired, it's over for me, and like i said, i am ok with losing the money i WASTED with gary.

apparently the package is being returned to me although i have not seen it yet. if/when it does arrive back at my house, i'm not even going to open it, it's going directly in the trash. i have enough crap i don't need around here.

info from USPS website:
Label/Receipt Number: 7010 1870 0001 0050 9551
Expected Delivery Date: November 24, 2010
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Certified Mail™
Return Receipt

Your item was refused by the addressee at 12:45 pm on November 24, 2010 in FORT VALLEY, GA 31030 and is being returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Refused, November 24, 2010, 12:45 pm, FORT VALLEY, GA 31030
Bullet Arrival at Unit, November 24, 2010, 7:57 am, FORT VALLEY, GA 31030
Bullet Acceptance, November 22, 2010, 10:56 am, ASHEVILLE, NC 28806
Chris Hollaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I sent him $50 for a pair of short bug axles. The check went through my bank on December 9, 2010. I have not heard anything yet and I know it should not take long to ship since I am only 4 hours away. I will give him a few more days and see what happens.

Hazetguy,

The green Westfalia is one of the buses I sold him that my boss had. That clock was not the one in the bus, the bus interior was pretty decent, not a bunch of rust. I see now why he said he doesn't like to deal with the local people. He can't rip them off as easy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, here is the last installment of my dealing with gary.
as mentioned before, the package i sent him with the clock in it, was refused. today i received the returned package, as shipped, never opened. there has been no communication from him, and i have not wasted any more of my time trying to contact him.
pretty much what i was expecting.

Chris, thank you very much for the first hand confirmation that the clock that was advertised and pictured was not the one i received.

DO NOT DEAL WITH GARY CLAXTON!!

here is a screenshot showing the tracking of the package i sent to him, which was refused, and then returned to me.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Chris Hollaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem! Well I did finally get the axles I paid for, it only took nearly a month and the sad thing is that he shipped them out one day and I got them the next. So I know shipping didn't take forever. I will never use him again. I give him one big ole F+.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just checking in the greensboro show thread, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=439404 , and noticed Gary's name on the pre-registered vendors list.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5065568#5065568
southeastvw wrote:
Here is a list of vendors that have already registered for the event. Be sure to give them a call with your needs so they can bring it with them and save on shipping.
Jarrett Imports 276-957-2404
Athens German Aircooled Parts 706-206-6327
Silver Lake VWs 910-791-6308
Creative Car Craft 423-939-0289
Gary Claxton (Used parts) 478-827-0932
CFM Racing/Corbitt Marshburn
Mike Rotondi (Toys)
Carolina FunBugs 828-874-7119
Bugstuff 800-752-2847
Todd Best (Diecast/Shirts)
Ron Phillips (Toys/Shirts/stickers)

i have sent him the following email.
i am not expecting any kind of reply or resolution to this, but we'll see.

To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, January 13, 2011 11:33:48 AM
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - Parting out 1978 Westphalia camper bus

Hi Gary.
I noticed in the thread on the Samba about the upcoming S E V W A / K and L Motorsports presents Shriners Volksfest 2011 Indoor VW Car Show & Swap meet Held at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, NC Jan 23, 2011 ( http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=439404 ) that you have pre-registered as a used parts vendor. That is wonderful news.
I would greatly appreciate it if you would personally deliver to me the Bus clock that was advertised, and the one that I paid for yet did not receive. I had not planned on attending this show because it is somewhat of a long drive and would be a long day for my 10 month old daughter. However, since this is a perfect opportunity for you to make good on something that we both know is wrong, I would be more than happy to change my plans for that weekend. It would also be a good chance for you to see that people who send you money on good faith based on pictures and descriptions you post in a classified ad, are not just nameless, faceless objects hundreds of miles away.
I have no intention of starting any kind of argument or commotion at the show, I would just like to get the part that I agreed to purchase from you and that you had advertised.
Please let me know so I can make plans.
Thanks
Jon

Thomas Pedigo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary responded to my wanted ad (95mm porsche gen. pully) and I probably would have bought it until........Banned twice for unethical sales practices and unresolved issues? Not even taking a chance on this guy! I suppose, had he rectified the past and re-established a good track record, maybe.... and that's a BIG MAYBE!!! NO THANKS!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he is back under another name
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=250137
62 Beetle
64 Beetle "Pat"
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

We do not allow banned users to return under a new account.

Thank you - banned.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
t2parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a real swindler

don t buy anything to him !!!! all is beautiful on the e mail and he promise you the best parts !!!

but the parts arrived that s it !!!!

he told me that he send me pics of the parts before to do the package, and one day an e mail to tell me that the package is send without the pics and this is the parts i received !!!!! 75 % gone on the ben !!!!!

so a real swindler !!!!

this is his last adress e mail !!!

[email protected]

very very angry about him !!!!
RedHeadedJosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I also have dealt with this guy and taken advantage of. I got a vw bus on my 16th birthday, It is a westy and was missing the hinges, So I bought them from him. I also had never seen my Westy yet because I was in michigan the day of my birthday and found out about it over a facetime chat with my dad. On the way back to Alabama where I live I stopped at his place. I spent 100$ I bought visor clips ( were wrong year) bought a radio (also wrong year) and a antenna( which is junk after I looked at it more) I got some light cover (Were wrong ones, I even told him what year and model my van was) Plus they were crap. Bought a tire mount ( was told that it just bolts on, It defiantly does not. You cant even get behind it to put a bolt). And the best thing is he found me on the samba. I had a add up for th e hinges and he called me. SO THAT MEANS HE IS BACK ON HERE. TRYING TO RIP MORE PEOPLE OFF. Shocked

After that I probably shoudn't of ever went near this guy again. but i did.
I found him at a show selling stuff and bought a pair of visors from him. Well guess what they were to a beetle convertible. HE WONT LET ME EXCHANGE THEM UNLESS I GIVE HIM 35$. I SAID NO BECAUSE I BOUGHT BUS VISORS NOT BEETLES, THATS WHAT THE DEAL WAS!

I bought a nice antenna from him though but I am stuck with 2 piece of crap ones though.

I messaged EMPI about him and that they shouldnt sell part to him and I think we should all do the same! There giving EMPI a bad name.

He now has a new website http://www.bug-eyed.net
Its a terrible web site at best. but it has his numbers and email.

He is the kind of person who he thinks is right all the time but he is mostly wrong.

PLEASE LETS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! HE NEEDS HIS BUSINESS LICENSE TAKEN AWAY!
RedHeadedJosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted a complaint to the internet crime agency and I suggest everyone who has been ripped off buy this guy should also. There are a few programs that the FBI runs such as this and FTC is on also. Lets bite this guy in the @ss before he takes advantage of more people. They also added on there website that if you buy the wrong part they wont take it back But the guy told me that I could at the show and he would send me the right one.
Also they charge more to use pay pal and cards so they also make it easier to take you money and run.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedHeadedJosh wrote:
And the best thing is he found me on the samba. I had a add up for th e hinges and he called me. SO THAT MEANS HE IS BACK ON HERE. TRYING TO RIP MORE PEOPLE OFF. Shocked

To be clear, even if he is banned from the site, this doesn't prevent him from browsing ads or calling people.

If he actually has a new account, please email me the information so I can ban it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RedHeadedJosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If he actually has a new account, please email me the information so I can ban it.

Sorry Everett for creating such a ruckus, but these guys took advantage of me and I don't let that go lightly. His son operates under the same business and he is actually the one that partially sold me the parts. He should be banned. I just don't know what his name is anymore.

Why don't you ban his IP?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note: I followed up with the above user via PM but since he was contacted via email, I was not able to block anything additional beyond what is listed in the first post of this thread.

Thank you.
ol puddin head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, wish i had checked here first. i saw the bug-eye.net ad on my local craigslist and sent some emails about ball joints. seemed fairly knowledgeable and very helpful. i specificaly asked about the joints ( are they brazilian, trw,chinese, etc) and was assured that no, these are denmark joints that we use on our show and race cars. against my better judgement i placed an order knowing the price was way too cheap to be quality joints. i priced other things over the phone thinking that i might have found a great source for parts after talking to gary, but decided to wait on the other things till i saw how this transaction would work out. well, long story short, they came today and lo and behold..... euromax chinese joints. i guess i'll just eat this one, but be forewarned about this guy.
camch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just left his buisness , bought all new stuff and real nice guy
2007,08,09,10 and 11 track champion (pro-4)A.M.S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RedHeadedJosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one said he was a bad guy. But he is a terrible businessman. What buisness are you talking about????
Doodlebugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv been dealing with gary for a while now ordering parts an going an getting them an he hasn't done me wrong if i got a bad part he made it good an he has the best prices iv found
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedHeadedJosh wrote:
No one said he was a bad guy. But he is a terrible businessman. What buisness are you talking about????

his Vw business
2007,08,09,10 and 11 track champion (pro-4)A.M.S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ATD51
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Scammed by Bug-eyed.net Reply with quote

I am new to this forum and to the VW scene. We recently purchased a 1965 VW bug to customize. After seeing these guys ads on Craigslist. I decided to give them a try. W ordered 2 beam adjusters and some glove box bumpers on a Monday and were told that they would be shipped to us by Wed of the same week. On wed... no parts. Called them back, owner stated that there was no record and he would ship them out that day and I would have them by the next day. I gave him all my info again and waited. Thurs...no parts. Called them back and the owner stated that I would have them by Fri. He did not send them overnight as promised. Friday...opened box...wrong adjusters sent.
These guys are horrible. After calling them back to explain my irritation. The owner hung up on me. No one will answer the phone or emails. They are not to be trusted. DO NOT USE THEM!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: