Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buying a Syncro
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:55 am    Post subject: Buying a Syncro Reply with quote

Hey fellow VW lovers, I'm thinking of buying a Syncro but I don't know a whole lot about these vehicles. What should I look for/look out for?

Its got a 2.1 wasserbox - how reliable are these engines?

Any and all input would be appreciated - Thanks!!!
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Buying a Syncro Reply with quote

Couldn't tell ya much about those syncro's, but they are awesome vehicles! If they only made the syncro's in the baywindow's era......a friend has a 2.1 waterboxer in his standard vanagon and I think he told me it had almost 250k miles, on the original motor. Then some people only get 100-150k out of 'em. Just depends on how well it was cared for. Good luck with your decision!
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Buying a Syncro Reply with quote

thanks freak,

i've been hearing pretty good stuff about the wasserboxes but the 4wd running gear on these things seems to be tempermental and costly - according to other folks. they are cool though, and everything i need in a pick-up.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Buying a Syncro Reply with quote

Ho-dad,

I've got a Syncro listed in the Samba classifieds (http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/index.php?photo+200302201145590050). It's a pretty decent unit that needs a starter and a muffler. I've owned it for over 4 years and never had any tranny problems with the Syncro and it's great offroad! The motor has a lot of miles but it still runs good, doesn't use oil and only occasionally needs a top off of the coolant reservoir. I think I've got it priced very reasonable for a good running Syncro. I've got three other vans and really would like to see this one out of my driveway. Check out the ad for my contact info if you are interested.
-Stan
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Buying a Syncro Reply with quote

Stan- what's up with the link? It says invalid ID. I'm also thinking about a syncro.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Buying a Syncro Reply with quote

It's http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/index.php?photo+200302201145590050
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Buying a Syncro Reply with quote

Thanks Everett, not sure what happened with the link. -Stan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: