Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Larger mirrors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they did, I like the look of those mirrors better than my brazillian ones. I should have bought them when they still had them, doh! d'oh!
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmweuro wrote:
Installed my mirrors tonight.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dude that bus is sick!
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
i_luv_my_bus76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

Most of these links are no longer active...I'm looking for the truck driver style...any links?
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

i_luv_my_bus76 wrote:
Most of these links are no longer active...I'm looking for the truck driver style...any links?

https://www.google.com/search?q=jr+truck+mirrors&a...ent=safari
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

Oh yea, a post by Tcash!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
dgsaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tcash wrote:
Hi All, emailed EIS and they do not have anymore of these mirrors. Too Bad

Hello all,

I'm looking for the mounting arms shown in this photo. I've got my original elephant ears and would like to mount them as shown in the photo.

The new mirrors will go on my (gasp) split. Originally I pulled the old hinge pin mounted mirrors and intended to install a pair of VW "truck mirrors" as the mount on the hinge vibrates so much that the image is a blur unless viewed through the little round stick on mirror.

However, the new mirrors are so ugly, I can't bear to install them regardless of the improvement in view. Rather than go back to the hinge pin mount, I intend to use my old elephant ears but I need to source the mounting arms.

Even if I have to buy the entire arm and mirror package and switch mirrors, I'm OK with that.

So, does anyone know where I could find the mounting arm shown in the picture?

Thanks everyone,

dgsaz
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgsaz wrote:

Hello all,

I'm looking for the mounting arms shown in this photo. I've got my original elephant ears and would like to mount them as shown in the photo.

The new mirrors will go on my (gasp) split. Originally I pulled the old hinge pin mounted mirrors and intended to install a pair of VW "truck mirrors" as the mount on the hinge vibrates so much that the image is a blur unless viewed through the little round stick on mirror.

However, the new mirrors are so ugly, I can't bear to install them regardless of the improvement in view. Rather than go back to the hinge pin mount, I intend to use my old elephant ears but I need to source the mounting arms.

Even if I have to buy the entire arm and mirror package and switch mirrors, I'm OK with that.

So, does anyone know where I could find the mounting arm shown in the picture?

Thanks everyone,

dgsaz

Are they back in stock at EIS? :
https://www.eisparts.com/side-view-mirror-elephant-ear-style.html
dgsaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

Those are the arms for door hinge mount.
pittwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

I drive my bus year round in a very wet and traffic congested areas. Being able to see clearly what is beside and behind you in multiple lane situations is paramount. These Brazilian Bus mirrors have given me no problems. Best safety feature I have added, period.

chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

I just get those stick on blind spot mirrors they work great.
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

chabanais wrote:
I just get those stick on blind spot mirrors they work great.
Me too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

Added the Brazilian mirrors to my bus today.

The silvering on the old mirrors was deteriorated, and a PO had siliconed them in. So the visibility was poor.

This is a huge improvement in being able to see!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing

Last edited by vwwestyman on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

So back in December I bought one Brazilian VW Bay side mirror from CIP1. Could only afford one at the time as they are expensive from them and other US vendors. After receiving it I liked it (what a difference in rearview)and mounted it (I'll install the bolt cover with black RTV in the next few days). I then decided due to price I'd try to find an actual Brazilian Vendor willing to ship me the other side if it was cheaper. Well it sure was. Alot cheaper!! Same VW Brazil Boxed mirror. A pair shipped was $110.20 If I'd only have done this from the beginning....I'd have saved over $90-$120 on the pair. Anyone looking to purchase the same mirrors contact Marco at http://www.vwantigo.net/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2959 He was great to deal with and kept constant communication with me throughout process. They even take Paypal. It took about a month for shipping but it was0 winter here and.... Saved me money and that's important nowdays. I love them. What a major improvement in the view.

OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

Boesen wrote:
I then decided due to price I'd try to find an actual Brazilian Vendor willing to ship me the other side if it was cheaper. Well it sure was. Alot cheaper!! Same VW Brazil Boxed mirror. A pair shipped was $110.20 If I'd only have done this from the beginning....I'd have saved over $90-$120 on the pair. Anyone looking to purchase the same mirrors contact Marco at http://www.vwantigo.net/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2959 He was great to deal with and kept constant communication with me throughout process. They even take Paypal. It took about a month for shipping but it was0 winter here and.... Saved me money and that's important nowdays. I love them. What a major improvement in the view.

Do you speak Portuguese? Is there a button to change the language to English?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

Yes half way down the left side of the webpage there is a British Flag to change language. Click on flag and it changes to English. You'll also see a drop down to change the prices to US dollars or Euros.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

Ahhhh thanks! That left column did not show when I looked last night.
sodbuster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

Yep I went with the Brazilian Mirrors as well. I like the "fore aft" mounting option on them too. Also the passenger side mirrior is a wide angle mirror to boot. Not too pretty compaired to the old stock ones but from a driver safety point of view they are the best mirriors I ever had on a bus. Cool

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

I didn't notice the passenger side being wide angle, but maybe it is... Either way a marked improvement over this:

I put Bus Depot stainless mirrors on the '73 a couple years ago, and they are working just fine, so I'll stick with them for that.

Don't mind the look of these beefy mirrors on the '78. Being a camper and with the Grabber tires and all that, I think it works.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
sodbuster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
I didn't notice the passenger side being wide angle, but maybe it is... Either way a marked improvement over this:

I put Bus Depot stainless mirrors on the '73 a couple years ago, and they are working just fine, so I'll stick with them for that.

Don't mind the look of these beefy mirrors on the '78. Being a camper and with the Grabber tires and all that, I think it works.

Yes that is the case on the right mirror I't just not marked with the "objects in mirror ars closer than they apear" sinage. I figured that was the case why Bus Depot charges $10 more for the right mirror than the left.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger mirrors Reply with quote

Hmm, neat.

I was really hoping that the mirrors would change the airflow enough to quiet a whistle I've had on that side but can't figure out. I was hoping maybe it was the old mirror responsible, but no such luck. Oh well.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: