Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

have 76 westfila maybe part out?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

I'll fess-up I got this bus for the running gear to update a 63 DLX. I'm new to bays and I don't know how valuable they are at parting out. I have fair interior it's the green plad, the pop top is messed but no leaks, no front seats and the dash is butchered, but every thing else is great like the cabinets, lay down chair, fridge ice box, sink, and all the fake wood is peeling. Some handles are a little cracked ,but everything is there even the curtins, the back deck cushion, all of it so am I crazy to sell this stuff or is it just not worth parting out a semi gutted bus? I'm sorry to kill this one...(I mean we called her ol' yeller) But it saves another! Right?! please help what should I do?
mike
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

Part it out & put it in the classifieds. Somebody on here was looking for camper cabinets recently. What kind of shape is the body in, and where are you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

I'm in AZ south east corner. the body is great now.. no rust!...but I might cut it to fix the DLX like framing transplant stuff and the undercarage. Yes I hate to cut it. I just don't have any other way of saving the rusted 63 I need metal and cheap.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

Maybe you should check this one out, use the worst of the two as a donor, and fix yourself another one cheap, maybe even sell it to fund your split. http://thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/index.php?view+sum+200302261301290421
I need a rust free body,but I'm way up in Canada, and I'm not planning on a trip to the states any time soon unfortunately. Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

I think the guy looking for cabinets was in Colorado, I don't have time right now to look for the other thread, but it was'nt long ago, last week sometime I think, either in late bus or general. Jeremy
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

DUDE! thanks I like the offer I just emailed the other guy, hope I can save this bay then!
miike
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

I am the guy in CO. I found a complete interior from a guy locally. Worked out nice. How are the curtains? I may be interested if you do decide to part out. Thanks
matt
phishfud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

There are so few rust free bays, I hate to see one parted out. The camper stuff will go quick, but the rest won't, and that usually means the crusher. Our supply of good, restoreable vans is getting smaller. You could make someone real happy by selling them the whole thing. If I were closer, I'd buy it in a minute. Just my .02

terry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

Still I'm stuck with the hitch how much is a 76 worth? I might sell it with-out the engine and no title, but thats if I can get a hold of a Type 4 bay donner floor. I tried the girl in Phx ,but she hasn't called back. Last if some one has a trade for any type 4 bay, passenger style, and decent floor thats all I need (hopefully title and a rebuildable engine) I'll let out another secret I do have a engine and a title on this bus ,but I need that to stay with the body for insurance if I can't get another bus with title and an engine.(provided I sell ol'yeller whole)
So it all boiles down to a swap for seats, type 4, good floor, and title, body in no needed condition!
With that swap I can let the engine and title go with ol' yeller in the swap (I just need to cover my bases). The bouns I get is seats and the buyer gets a nice camper!
Now how can I pull this off? just post swap and hope he/she is near AZ for shipping?
I realy am greatful for the help! this selling/swaping delivery thing is tuff and confusing for me.
mike
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

Well, I got two 77's off of here about 20 months ago, one with a good engine but rolled for $500 US, the other with a decent body, shitty interior, and unknown engine problems for $800. I stripped the $500 one, (but not the engine bay floor unfortunately) and it actually got buried in a hole last summer for use as a septic overflow tank. Here's what happened to the other one, and lots of the parts from the septic tank !https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/43409.jpg
It took a lot of time inside & out, but we sold it for almost $7000 CDN (total cost was a little over $5000 CDN + time) because we bought a house, and we still have a banged up 74 westy. I was actually thinking about you today, thinking if I had a week, I'd be able to drive to AZ and swap you van bodies! Our 74 was coverted by a PO to a 1600 upright from a beetle at some point. Jeremy
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: have 76 westfila maybe part out? Reply with quote

ps there's quite a few more pics if you click one of the search links on the page.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: