Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

michael fischer - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Fischer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why has splitty_smiles last post been changed? Can someone please explain that to me? Are the mods working for you? This is fucked up. That guy accused me of doing 4000 dollars worth of damage to someones vehicle. Now its not there. Confused

Now he says that he doesnt even know if the machine work info is true???

Are we allowed to post up lies in feedback threads?
JP66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitty_smile wrote:
Posting this for an acquaintance:

This guy dropped off a core engine and parts early last year for Mike to build him an engine. Gave him some money up front, and finally got tired of his calls being dodged and no progress being made on the motor.

I looked at the case machining Mike did and it was absolutely horrible. Looks like his cutter was dull, chipped, broken, or being operated under the influence.

Lots of the parts that were dropped off with the engine disappeared as well. He showed me a police report he filled out today about a brand new 30/31 pict that disappeared while it was there.

Like I said, I am just relaying this story, the only part I saw for myself was the shoddy (at best) machine work. Looks like he tried to spotface the case with a hand drill. All 4 bores are cut to different depths, which is going to make setting deck height a bit of an adventure.

I saw the so called "core" engine this guy is talking about, it had a huge hole in the roof, 2-3 inches sqaure easy, total scrap.
splitty_smile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize too that my post seemed a little one sided. I have talked to plenty of guys who have been very happy with your work on bugs and type 1 powered buses. I know from seeing your shop and projects that you know your way around a type 1 engine. I also thought it was pretty cool that you let me watch/lend a hand with the work. I appreciated that.

You told me up front that the type IV powerplant is not your forte, which I understand. I wasn't upset that the tuneup/revival process went a bit slower than normal with a few hitches. The only thing that really bothered me was the brakes. No harm in the long run- The discount you gave me covered the cost for gas for my buddy's truck to pull it home.

The root of the issue is summed up in one of your earlier posts on here. You said that there was a case that was damaged, when this was brought to your attention you started working on getting their money back. That's the right thing to do. No one expects absolutely perfect work 100% of the time, just that it is corrected when a mistake happens.

To bring together my long-windedness- I was relaying a story told to me, I said at the start I could not confirm or disprove it. You were directly involved in this deal, so you know much more about the specifics than I. If you can fill me in on exactly what happened I would be more than happy to edit my original post.

As for the work you did for me, I do not harbor any ill will towards you or your shop. Now that I have shopspace at my new place I probably won't bring any vehicles in, but from my past experiences there I wouldn't hesitate to buy parts from you or encourage others to do so. In fact, since this is the forum to do so I'll leave some feedback regarding your parts sales:

I've bought parts from your shop several times over the last 2 1/2 years. I've always gotten great prices, and if it wasn't in stock you could almost always have it the next day.

Anyhow, I hope you understand that my postings here were not meant as a personal attack towards you, just relaying what I was told and my own experience.

---1974 Super Beetle "Gus" 1835 Engle 110 Dual Kadrons

Last edited by splitty_smile on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
homebrewin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitty_smile wrote:

If you want true, honest to life experience- I brought you in a vehicle to get worked on a while ago. You asked for money up front for parts. (which I stupidly paid) No respectable shop would ask for parts money up front.

I've worked in 3 different body shops over the past 15 years. All three are considered "respectable", doing anywhere from $1 million to $2.5 million in gross sales a year. If a customer comes in wanting work done without an insurance claim and parts are needed for the job, we charge (at the very least) a deposit on those parts before we order them. Too many people are tire kickers with big plans but may not have the funds in hand. Asking for a deposit sorts out the strokers from the people who can actually pay once the work is done.
toadmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought many parts and have sold mike many parts and have seen how careful he is with his machine work. and P.S. i wouldn't answer my phone if some of you jerks were calling. had my first vw in the sixtys and seen many people working on them over the years and mike does just fine work and is always open to a few more pointers. keep up the good work mike
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

actually yes. even if the lies are transparent, they wont likely be deleted, only disproven. the american way of "free speech" followed by "decide for yourself". in certain other countries they cut your tongue out for lying- but not here... just so you know how the site (and everything else) works. aggravatin aint it?

sometimes this forum is like sitting on jury. you meet all kinds. and believe me when i tell you this- eventually everyone gets figured out as either liar, exaggerator, corrupt, politically motivated, drunk, abusive, stupid, whatever. my point being- people here read between the lines.

as for me, i could have really painted you in a bad light, but i didnt cuz i wondered how someone could be crooked while also charging only 10 bucks for an NOS wiper arm.

Last edited by Blaubus on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Michael Fischer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitty_smile wrote:
Michael Fischer wrote:
Why has splitty_smiles last post been changed? Can someone please explain that to me? Are the mods working for you? This is fucked up. That guy accused me of doing 4000 dollars worth of damage to someones vehicle. Now its not there. Confused

Now he says that he doesnt even know if the machine work info is true???

I edited it very shortly after posting- as I felt it was in poor taste to address it publicly when I have not been able to find any straight facts on it; whether or not it was hearsay, etc.

Joe was the guy who told me about his experience with the machine work and showed me the case. I know his personality, which is why I said I could not personally confirm nor deny his side of the story. I just saw a case with uneven decks and a decent sized gouge in one of the bores.

I realize too that my post seemed a little one sided. I have talked to plenty of guys who have been very happy with your work on bugs and type 1 powered buses. I know from seeing your shop and projects that you know your way around a type 1 engine. I also thought it was pretty cool that you let me watch/lend a hand with the work. I appreciated that.

You told me up front that the type IV powerplant is not your forte, which I understand. I wasn't upset that the tuneup/revival process went a bit slower than normal with a few hitches. The only thing that really bothered me was the brakes. No harm in the long run- The discount you gave me covered the cost for gas for my buddy's truck to pull it home.

The root of the issue is summed up in one of your earlier posts on here. You said that there was a case that was damaged, when this was brought to your attention you started working on getting their money back. That's the right thing to do. No one expects absolutely perfect work 100% of the time, just that it is corrected when a mistake happens.

To bring together my long-windedness- I was relaying a story told to me, I said at the start I could not confirm or disprove it. You were directly involved in this deal, so you know much more about the specifics than I. If you can fill me in on exactly what happened I would be more than happy to edit my original post.

As for the work you did for me, I do not harbor any ill will towards you or your shop. Now that I have shopspace at my new place I probably won't bring any vehicles in, but from my past experiences there I wouldn't hesitate to buy parts from you or encourage others to do so. In fact, since this is the forum to do so I'll leave some feedback regarding your parts sales:

I've bought parts from your shop several times over the last 2 1/2 years. I've always gotten great prices, and if it wasn't in stock you could almost always have it the next day.

Anyhow, I hope you understand that my postings here were not meant as a personal attack towards you, just relaying what I was told and my own experience.

Joe is a Tweeker. He is full of shit. He is banned from every volkswagen shop in town except for Autocraft. I gave him that engine block and that machine work on it was free. There was nothing wrong with that machine work when it left here. If its messed up now then its something he did to it.

You have never been back to my shop to buy parts from me. The last time I saw you, you where towing away your bay. I always assumed you hated my guts because you never came back. I saw your threads in the Bay forum about it. You did not talk very highly of me in there. Until last post you havent said anything nice about me at all.

Its a good thing you have shop space at your new place. You are going to need it. I busted ass and bent over backwards to help you and this is what I get. You call me a junkie, a thief and tell everyone I'm a poor machinist. All on the first page of my feedback thread. Please edit those rumors out of your other posts.

Thank you.
www.L5VW.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who`s Joe?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitty_smile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Fischer wrote:

Joe is a Tweeker. He is full of shit. He is banned from every volkswagen shop in town except for Autocraft. I gave him that engine block and that machine work on it was free. There was nothing wrong with that machine work when it left here. If its messed up now then its something he did to it.

You have never been back to my shop to buy parts from me. The last time I saw you, you where towing away your bay. I always assumed you hated my guts because you never came back. I saw your threads in the Bay forum about it. You did not talk very highly of me in there. Until last post you havent said anything nice about me at all.

Its a good thing you have shop space at your new place. You are going to need it. I busted ass and bent over backwards to help you and this is what I get. You call me a junkie, a thief and tell everyone I'm a poor machinist. All on the first page of my feedback thread. Please edit those rumors out of your other posts.

Thank you.

I don't remember ever calling you a junkie. In fact, I remember having a discussion with you about how your part of town had gone to shit because of all of the meth heads around there- the day that the cops had your whole block quartered off and were going door to door looking for someone.

Anyhow- an update on the work you did- Once I got the lines bled properly the bus stops perfectly. Everything was adjusted right, and still no squeals or squeaks or leaks.

As for why you didn't see me again after that- I moved into a new place, and most of my work on my cars was put on the back burner. I definitely don't "hate your guts" as you put it, I just haven't been over to that part of town since the move. I'd like to still be able to do business with you, but I'm afraid that you have taken these posts more personally than I meant them to be. Hopefully not though. I actually think you're a decent guy, and like I said previously I appreciated your helpfulness and willingness to let me observe the work being done.

Last edited by splitty_smile on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
splitty_smile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansvans- Do you know any of the people involved in these occurences?

Probably not.

I suggest you actually read all of what I posted, rather than pick parts of it and try to continue fueling a dispute. Keep up or take notes- I never said he made off with any of my parts. My bus left there with everything it started with, including my middle seat clamps and z-bed hardware that I had in the glove box.

As to why I didn't delete the whole thing- I felt it would actually be better for it to to be there and see that he isn't simply ignoring his feedback section, but rather solving any problems that may arise.

Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suggest you actually read all of what I posted, rather than pick parts of it and try to continue fueling a dispute

i am tryin to suggest that you DELETE the dispute that you started on someone elses behalf. that can hardly be characterized as FUELING a dispute

if you think the lack of context of anything i quoted would make a difference in the meaning, then specify, and i will consider posting more of the context.

Quote:
dansvans- Do you know any of the people involved in these occurences?

has little bearing on my suggestion that you not post disputes for others, but the same point applies to you:

do YOU know enough about the actual dispute?

in a two person dispute, both people know some things as fact, but you know nothing as fact of that dispute. you dont even know as fact that they ever did business with each other. in the feedback forum guideline it says to be prepared to back up your claims with facts.

it also sez i can offer opinions and advice about actual transactions. not sure this even qualifies as an actual transaction. Rolling Eyes which is why i advised you to delete it. Laughing

Last edited by Blaubus on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Smithy
Samba Smithy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't remember ever calling you a junkie. In fact, I remember having a discussion with you about how your part of town had gone to shit because of all of the meth heads around there- the day that the cops had your whole block quartered off and were going door to door looking for someone.

As I said, knowing Joe's personality I could not confirm his side of the story. I heard him complaining about the case, and told him he could post feedback here. He can't/doesn't want to, and asked me to relay the story. I also stated that I would gladly edit the post if you let me know what actually happened- I'll do that when I finish with this post.

Looking back at posts in the bay forum, I actually recommended you to someone that was going to be in the area and was looking for places with used parts.

Anyhow- an update on the work you did- Once I got the lines bled properly the bus stops perfectly. Everything was adjusted right, and still no squeals or squeaks or leaks.

As for why you didn't see me again after that- I moved into a new place, and most of my work on my cars was put on the back burner. I definitely don't "hate your guts" as you put it, I just haven't been over to that part of town since the move. I'd like to still be able to do business with you, but I'm afraid that you have taken these posts more personally than I meant them to be. Hopefully not though. I actually think you're a decent guy, and like I said previously I appreciated your helpfulness and willingness to let me observe the work being done.

Gee, I wonder why "joe" didn't want to post this. Maybe because it was pure BS. You yourself questioned his veracity. And now YOU have posted negative feedback for something YOU were not involved in. Personally I would never buy or sell you parts cause you don't seem to know your ass from a hole in the ground and sound like a true whiner to me. And you are to dumb to know when Joe was playing you like a fiddle.

Dyslexic rebel, I beats to the drum of a different march.
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As I said, knowing Joe's personality I could not confirm his side of the story

the right to face the accuser is in the constitution BTW, and for a good reason. before that was a right we had witch burnings based on hearsay.

Last edited by Blaubus on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Earlybugs
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitty_smile wrote:
- Do you know any of the people involved in these occurences?

I was at Mikes several times when joe was there. A week or so after he picked up his case he came back wanting to buy more parts. So hes obviously he not mad at mike. And to quote Joe " I'm so happy to get this case and get my car done"

Also i saw the case(Something you haven't) and its perfect
splitty_smile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlybugs wrote:
splitty_smile wrote:
- Do you know any of the people involved in these occurences?

I was at Mikes several times when joe was there. A week or so after he picked up his case he came back wanting to buy more parts. So hes obviously he not mad at mike. And to quote Joe " I'm so happy to get this case and get my car done"

Also i saw the case(Something you haven't) and its perfect

I did see a case, and from the sound of everyone else that saw it, it may not even be the case in question. I tried to take an impartial look at this and yes, I have been unfair. I am not afraid to admit that.

Also, my apologies to you Mike for feeding the rumor mill rather than getting my facts straight first.

napat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Fischer seem to be a nice guy here.
I wonder why he never send me oval wiper as I brought from him 2 months ago.

Here is the ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=581020

I mailed him about 20 but have no hearing from him since then.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Maybe he forget to send it to me.
PAT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
napat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seem he disappear?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
napat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have anyone heard anything from him?
or he bacame an internet fraud !!!!
napat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy still online so far but never reply!
I could confirm he is a rip off person.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned pending the resolution of your problem.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: