Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus movie sighting
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

"A Woman Under the Influence" (1974), starring Gena Rowlands (seen here walking on the street) and Peter Falk; filmed in Hollywood/Los Angeles, California.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

Mid '70's Bay Window deluxe sunroof bus in "California Dreamin' " remake of The Mamas & The Papas song. YouTube video from the German-based group The New Love Generation, filmed approx. 2017. US-version bus with Berlin historic registration; colors appear to be Brilliant Orange (or Chrome Yellow?) with Pastel White.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ealu62wFVk
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

^ ^ By a large coincidence, here's another Bay window- camper, this time- used in another remake of "California Dreamin' " also from a Berlin, Germany based group Freischwimmer, a few years ago. Video has a yellowish tint which I could not fully compensate in Photoshop.

Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

Orange Bay window camper, "Silver Streak" (1976). Scene takes place near the end of the movie as the runaway train approaches the Chicago, Illinois main train station; but the hills in background are inconsistent with that city. IMDB filming location indicates 2 locations in Canada.

Last edited by Rome on Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

Some sightings in the 2019 movie "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Back of a Bay window seen through windows of main character Cliff Booth's (Brad Pitt) yellow '66 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. Booth pulls over to talk to Pussycat (Margaret Qualley) whom he offers a ride.

As they are driving, there are 2 red early Bays in background- likely the very same bus, parked at different locations during the different shot sequences.

Another Bay in the parking lot, with a taped-over sunroof seam. Movie takes place in 1969 but the Super Beetle is a '73. Confused First spotted by notchboy in 2019. The red Ferrari GT Spider is likely a replica similar to that from the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

A Bus passing by in the Hulu series about the Sex Pistols. It appears to possibly be a '71 camper (a Dormobile, I believe), but repainted an unoriginal blue color.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

Another Bus sighting in the Hulu Sex Pistols series. It appears to be another Dormobile.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

Green Bay camper, "The Blues Brothers" (1980) during the long police car chase in Chicago.

Savannah Beige early Deluxe Bay parked, movie "Lone Wolf McQuade" (1983) with Chuck Norris playing the main character Texas Ranger hanging onto the pickup truck.

2 Bay campers parked at right background, movie "Over the Top" (1987) starring Sylvester Stallone. He is driving the red Semi truck crashing into the gold El Lobo dune buggy. In another shot of this scene, the Buses are parked at Hannig's Foreign Car Repair shop. IMDB does not specify the city.
sodbuster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
^ ^ By a large coincidence, here's another Bay window- camper, this time- used in another remake of "California Dreamin' " also from a Berlin, Germany based group Freischwimmer, a few years ago. Video has a yellowish tint which I could not fully compensate in Photoshop.

I know hot chick and all that. But why is she waxing the wrong side of that surfboard with a bar of soap? Laughing
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

sodbuster wrote:
Rome wrote:

I know hot chick and all that. But why is she waxing the wrong side of that surfboard with a bar of soap? Laughing

It will slip faster through the water with the soap on the bottom. Laughing

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

As seen in the movie "Blow." It appears to be a '78 or '79.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

Seen in the series "Further Tales of the City." This scene takes place in Alaska. From the front (but blurry) view, it appears to be a '68-'69 Bay Window hard top camper painted black.

TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

I saw mention of it but didn’t find a pic, here’s a bus sighting from a Turo ad.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

As seen in the miniseries "The Offer." The series takes place in mostly Hollywood/southern CA in the early 70's. There were many VWs to be seen.

panic_fan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

creative native wrote:
As seen in the movie "Blow." It appears to be a '78 or '79.

Funny, I believe that scene happened in either 69 or 70, they must have gotten a bus from the future....LOL.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=291988&highlight=

"Still learnin the way around my VW bay"
Teal Bay Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

I notice this so often in movies that are supposed to be era-specific and they feature a VW that is years beyond. I believe non-VW people just see an "old" VW and automatically have a time frame in mind. When I had my '86 Vanagon Westfalia, oftentimes people would say "I love your hippie van!" and I'd respond, "In 1986, it was less flower and more power." Other times, people would just assume it was a '70's model.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

creative native wrote:
I notice this so often in movies that are supposed to be era-specific and they feature a VW that is years beyond. I believe non-VW people just see an "old" VW and automatically have a time frame in mind. When I had my '86 Vanagon Westfalia, oftentimes people would say "I love your hippie van!" and I'd respond, "In 1986, it was less flower and more power." Other times, people would just assume it was a '70's model.

Not just in movies, native. 20 yrs ago a new neighbor a few houses over had a New Beetle parked at the top of his driveway. I just drove onto the street in my '77 Beetle and stopped to greet him. He said something like- oh a Beetle; maybe you can give me advice on mine!". I explained that there were 20+ years and a world of technological differences between his and my Beetle, and that I "unfortunately" have no experience with the NB.

TV shows from the 1970's which are supposed to take place in Europe are another source of model confusion. They are usually filmed on Hollywood studio sets. Although they use many European car models, their side marker reflectors or lights are the telltale indicator since Euro models did not need them; in fact in some countries they were not allowed on home-market models. The lights/markers were a US car industry requirement for cars manufactured as of January 1968.
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

Beginning of The Goonies, 71 or 72 Elm Green.

Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

German movie "Die lustigen 4 von der Tankstelle" (the four funny ones from the gas station), 1972, filmed in Austria. Blue ~'71 Bay van in background. Pretty gal in orange dress is main character, played by Uschi Glas.

Ivory double cab in background. The popular gasoline brand ARAL stands for aromatic and aliphatic.

Ivory van driving past on highway in background.

Ivory single cab work truck parked on left, with a DC at far right.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus movie sighting Reply with quote

does a spotting in the news count?

see the 10sec moment.. and the poor VW is never given a look by snatch & grab thieves.

Link

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 27 of 30

Jump to: