Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Drop spindles
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
saltfactor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Hey there people. I'm looking for drop spindles for my '78 Bay. I want to drop the front end around 3 to 4 inches. Thanks - K -
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jpk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Dropped spindles for late busses?
mmhh...
WAVEPIMP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Franklin vw Werks has them but they ain't cheap. $550 for a pair and you have to send them urs as cores. But they look real good and built to last. Don't really know of any others doing them. But if you find someone else doing them let us know. I need soom as well.

laters
saltfactor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Thanks Wavepimp. I'll check with those cats. Do you happen to have contact info? I'm all east coast, and I'm figuring these are sunny Cali fellas. I'm also figuring from the tag you get your surf on west coast style. Am I correct? any good swell lately? Man I'm in Wilmington, NC, like 5 hours south on the coast below Hatteras. It's COLD and Flat. Bogus Take it light -K-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

I got the same spindles direct from volksfab, the actual shop making these for franklins. cost was way less $350 plus core if I remember right??

-larry
breadloafdeluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Hey Grimes, Ian is tryin to hook up w/ you on a weekend to head out west.I'm waiting to see if sombody will tell me when the Kelly Park show is first.I thought you slept most of the time at work.I guess if your not sleeping you have time to find these Dub sites! LOL Laters,DavidK.
66split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

www.franklinsvwwerks.com
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WAVEPIMP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Hey saltfactor, no I'm on the third coast, TEXAS we may not have the best waves in the world but we sure got stoke out here on the Gulf Coast. My old room mate back in college years used to live at Hatteras, he always spoke highly of the place. One time him and another friend got a new board and we were falt here, so they loaded up drove 23 hours surfed a day and came right back. CRAZY!!!

Hey David,, still trying to pass this trip by the ole lady. Man she is kinda like NO, since we just had the lil baby. I may not be able to swing this one.

Laters James

also does that volksfab have a site or a number to reach them? that price sounds alot better than $550. A lil more my budget.
saltfactor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Hey there James. You guys have a fine reputation for loads of stoke. Did you guys score off those gulf storms or was it just insane and out-of-control? Good to hear from a fellow waterman. It's still cold and flat here. Hey that volksfab site is, shall we say spartan? I checked it out,...www.volksfab.com......creative huh? All that is there is a phone #360.874.2679
breadloafdeluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Com on Grimes, 4 days Sun-Surf-Parts! You still have that Bank Wright Cal. Surf map book,check it out,Redondo Breakwall is callin...so's Lanada bay..Swamies..Blacks..WTF you gotta mo. to kiss-up to you wife.You deserve a break today so jump on a plan and fly away....to Cali.(sing to the Mickie D's tune)LOL.Later David.
WAVEPIMP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Hey Saltfactor, Yeah we got some pretty good days of waves with those storms. Caught a place called matagorda one time as the swell started comming in. Nice lil shallow beach break that gets hollow on the right conditions, That day was all right! Hope you guys get some waves soon. I can't wait till our water warms back up. Last year this time I was in mexico surfing passcuales in trunks!!!! Had a new lil baby so no surf trip for me anytime soon.

David I'll keep pressing the ole lady about cali, but if it happens my lips will be so swollen due to all the ass kissing I had to do to swing it. Wish me luck, I'll need it

Laters James
jpk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

I have a swhimwagen, I'm going to Cortez B.
camerod
Volksfab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

hey..sorry for the lame volksfab website, I am resposible for that! I popped it up until my all new site is built..

cameron
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

cameron aka volksfab is HIGHLY recomended from me. top notch work and a real cool guy.

jeff
WAVEPIMP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

Cameron, How much for a set of 78 bus drop spinndles? With and with out mine as cores? Just curious about both prices if possible.

Thank you James

Also let us know when you have your site up and going and any other work that you may do.
camerod
Volksfab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

thanx fir the props jeff! same goes...
camerod
Volksfab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Drop spindles Reply with quote

e-mail me for pricinag on your specific project but generally $350-450 for late bus spindles with cores, I don't have time to scavenge wrecking yards for cores so I sell exchange only

we also build
-straight axle kits
-narrowed bus and beetle beams
-flipped 55-67 bus spindles(or get them from jeff vidal)
-disc brake conversions for 944 porsche to bus. other custom apps too!
all products are TIG welded where needed with awesome fit and finish.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: