Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gilbert Sy Chan - Philippines - gschan - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: gschan
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 30, 2011
beetlemex96
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Gilbert Sy Chan - Philippines - gschan - [email protected] Reply with quote

I want to warn all members about a seller named Gilbert Sy Chan living in Manilla ' Philippins.

I bought him an EMPI GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL on October 2007 on this site. I paid with paypal 560 us $ but I never received it.

He told me he would refund, but there again no news.

So watch out !! Don't believe this F.... guy
pat1730
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i met gilbert in real and i can only say he is an reliable guy!

i am sure he will make everything right!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-7 years ago I paid for a few items from this guy that I never received. Numerous e-mails to try to resolve the situation resulted in a bunch of promises that the item would be/had been shipped. After three months of trying I just gave up and wrote off the financial loss.

Caveat Emptor.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cervilleyu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am pushing this up so the originator of this thread can confirm that he has received payment.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert emailed me today to say a full refund was given.

I asked him to post here.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gschan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply but my account here on TheSamba was blocked before I was able to read & reply to this thread. Thank you Everett for granting me access for the time being.

Gilbert Sy Chan
Volkswagen Club of the Philippines - http://www.vwcp.org
VWCP - Corporate Secretary; 2008
VWCP.org - Admin & Chief Moderator

------------------------

Beetlemex96,

I would appreciate it if you could please update the status of our transaction in this thread. I had been having problems with my U.S. PayPal account and likewise wasn't able to add funds to my PayPal Philippines account to provide the refund for the EMPI GT steering wheel you had purchased from me last October.

What I did end up having to do was to convert the U.S. dollar funds to our local currency (Philippine Peso), transfer that to a friend's local bank account and finally had him process the refund through his U.S. PayPal account. Anyway, to make a long story short I finally managed to get the funds through as promised. It surely has taken longer than I had expected but I never even had the slightest inkling or thought of running away from this obligation. A promise is a promise.

Again, I'm extremely sorry for all the delays and hassle all this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Gilbert Sy Chan
Manila, Philippines

------------------------

John ([email protected]),

I still remember that transaction of ours. We had met over the VintagVW mailinglist back then and you had purchased from me a couple of NOS Hella reverse light switches.

I remember having sent you the first package which you claimed to have never received. I then asked for an alternate address which I then used to send a second package with another batch of Hella switches. However the second package apparently likewise never arrived on your end. I found this very strange as I had sent a dozen other people on the VintagVW list with the same items and they all got their packages in a timely manner with no problems whatsoever.

I can honestly say that I had been more than accommodating and cooperative with you in dealing with our transaction problems back then. You had lost money on a couple of switches which you claim to have never received. I on the other hand had lost twice the amount with two lost packages plus shipping cost.

In the end we both lost out in the failed transaction, not to mention the animosity and loss of trust between the two of us. Corny as this may sound, I sincerely feel that loosing faith and trust in a person far outweighs what any financial losses can bring.

Nevertheless, if you are still holding a grudge against me for that one failed transaction, then by all means please let me know and I will gladly return whatever amount it was that you had lost. What was it? $30 or something?? I forget. Please don't hesitate to drop me a note at [email protected] and I'll send you a refund through PayPal. No worries. No bad blood. No side comments. Just being up front and honest.... like how I've always been and always will be.

Sincerely,

Gilbert Sy Chan
Manila, Philippines
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got any switches in either of the supposed shipments. I do hold grudges and specifically remember when an individual hoses me over.

Regulars on The Samba know that I do not "pull scams", especially over something like $30. I like to think I have one of the better reputations around here as far as honor goes.

But this IS the feedback area, and when I feel I've been wronged on the sale of something, I post it to save others the grief of going thru the same with the same guy. That's why this section is here for crying out loud.

I will contact you privately. But for the record, I do think it's BS it took a post on the feedback area 5-6 years after the transaction to get you to actually do something proactive. You've had my $ for 5+ years, and did not make any effort (until now) to make things right, AND are only doing something now because I said something in a public arena that exposed you. I (and others) are not naive enough to think you'd have contacted me today had I not posted something, right? Laughing

I'll report back here when (if) I get a refund. I didn't want the refund, I wanted the switches I never got. But at this point a refund is better than what I have now I suppose.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: