Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Carb - Alternator Interferance
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lowdowndub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Carb - Alternator Interferance Reply with quote

Can anybody tell how to get a Solex Pict 34 to clear the alternator. When I pull the throttle lever, it hits on the alternator. There isn't a spacer kit for a PICT 34. Please Help

Thanks - Ben
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Carb - Alternator Interferance Reply with quote

You need the "opposite" style accel pump linkage from a 73-later model carb.
I would check with a local shop to see if they have some. I always strip that piece off when I "condemn" a carb to the scrap pile. I need to see how many I may have so if you cannot get one...
You can do a LIMITED amound of bending tweaking of the piece and grind the head of the small aduster bolt and on the alt housing to get it, but that's really not the best method.
or if you could find/make some kind of spacer... I do not know of anyone who sells them but. I think I remember seeing someone cut the flange off an old manifold that had rusted out pre heat pipes and ground it flat and used it... but them you need to put in longer studs ect.
Or using the 30/31 replacement carb will shift the carb to the left and youy would not have a problem...
I'll e- mail you if I find I have a bunch of the parts, I was just rebuilding some carbs yesterday and was digging through my car spare parts boxes...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lowdowndub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Carb - Alternator Interferance Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, look forward to hereing from you about the opposite Style Linkage

Thanks Again
Ben
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Carb - Alternator Interferance Reply with quote

You've got mail!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: