Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Which Manifolds For Injection Throttle Bodies
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Which Manifolds For Injection Throttle Bodies Reply with quote

i am assembling an engine and we need manifolds. the engine is a 2109 and we will have a '73 thing shroud, berg linkage and redline weber 44IDF type injection throttle bodies.

i did some work on this engine last season, installing the berg linkage and IDF carbs and we ran into some fit issues where the linkage was very close to the shroud. we solved it with different manifolds, but they are gone now, customer sold the carbs and manifolds.

we'd like to use some berg manifolds, but they are not available from bergs at the moment and finding used ones is next to impossible.

i wonder if anyone has suggestions as to which manifolds will work best with our setup as described. i'd like them to be port matched top and bottom, so we need ones that are not too huge at the top, lots of the ones i've seen seem to be larger than the 44mm we need at the top.
lostinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB Performance make a bunch of different style manifolds for IDF's and IDA's.
RIP Morgan

My photos
http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album92
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X2, CB has quite a few options for FI. Big beef manifolds will probably be your best bet.

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont resline weber have what you need?

http://vwparadise.com/
(06:31:07) RoachGhia: "i drink dick way too fast"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

thanks, i had a look at CB.
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, I really like the CB standard offset intakes.. they work well for orientation and space, and are heavy duty.. I don't do FI or Berg linkage, but I think that stuff is made for use with intakes that are offset enough to try to get the carbs even, so I think they would work well.

#3168 has the std holes, and #3169 are matched to their ports on oval heads. 3168 is a good start for having them port matched to whatever you are putting them on.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mharney wrote:
#3168 has the std holes, and #3169 are matched to their ports on oval heads. 3168 is a good start for having them port matched to whatever you are putting them on.

mark,

thanks, good info. do you know off the top what the opening size is at the top of the 3168? i looked at those today and they are promising.

the closest thing i've seen to the bergs are the CSP intakes. the price is a bit staggering, but CSP makes awesome parts:

http://www.csp-shop.de/shop2/frame_nachladen.php?f...a&pn=0
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CB are the wide open for 48 style. CSPs are much the same shape with the different opening sizes appropriate for your carbs.. yeah they cost more.. maybe one of the last companies that recognizes the need to do it. Smile
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. i can't understand how anyone would say (like the dude from one of these companies did to me today when i was asking for a measurement) that it did not matter if the manifold top opening was larger than the lower opening of the carb/throttle body.

i would say especially with injection, you need to keep the velocity of the intake air as fast as possible, and if the manifold opens up by 4mm right after the bottom of the throttle body (right where the injector is located) the air is going to immediately slow right down and airflow will warp around the edge of the throttle body.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: