Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

t-bar fenders
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannypaul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: t-bar fenders Reply with quote

ok i have a 74 super and i have a pair of front super fenders but with the tbar holes in them, can i put these on my bug and mount tbar front and back
BeetL62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running T-bars on my '74 Super. They will not bolt up to the stock bumper mounts. To run them, you have to modify the bumper mounts on the body. On the front, it is easy enough (I had to drill one hole on each side and weld in a nut insert). On the back, I'm running 'glass fenders, so when I made the bumper slots for the T-bars, I spaced them out on the fenders a little and just welded nut inserts into the rear bumper bracket mounts. My rear T-bars are spaced out further than the stock bumper slots, but most do not notice unless I point it out.
dannypaul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need to learn how to weld than ha, do u have any pics? of the car and what the mounts look like?
BeetL62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the mounts (& the Bug is in storage for the winter....). Here is a link https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/396020.jpg to a pic of my Bug (the purple one).
dannypaul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way!!!! thats urs!?!?!?!?!?! me and my dad saw that on google like a month or 2 ago, wow that thing is amazing!!! thats actually where i got my idea from
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: