Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Transmission drive shaft
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Transmission drive shaft Reply with quote

I just pulled the transmission out of my 82 vanagon due to the clutch not disingaugeing. when the trans came out the main drive shaft stay with the pressure plate. I was wondering is this somthing I can repair or will I need to take it to the shop.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Transmission drive shaft Reply with quote

Just get you a squirt of JB Weld in there, cram it back in and it's fixed! JK

That sounds like a Major transaxle problem.

Throw it in the gutter and get you another.

Bussmuggler
vwsrus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Transmission drive shaft Reply with quote

Now's the time to look into that 5 speed from Weddle Ing. in CA. It fits right in with no mods to you system.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
at4ever4vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Transmission drive shaft Reply with quote

Look at the end of the shaft oppasite from the clutch splines: if there is a threaded hole in that end of the shaft, you have an easy repair...might not even need a clutch. That shft joins the front shaft and is held in place with a grooved slide collar which is held in place by a ciclip in a groove on the shaft that came out. Separate the bell housing from the trans and take a peak: screw the shaft onto the threaded stud on the front shaft, slide collar over the two ends that are now joined, install lock clip , replace bellhousing, refill gear oil and voila, it should bne fixed. This is not TOO uncommon an occurance.
Gordi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: