Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What size bolts for middle seat?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverlunace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: What size bolts for middle seat? Reply with quote

So, the bolts that hold the middle seat of my GL to the floor are missing. None of the threads I turned up via search indicate what size bolts work for these seats. Does anybody know? Or can you point me in the right direction?

The rails and everything else seem to be there, as is the seat, but no bolts to be found. The seat has just been sitting in there up against the wall.

But we need all 7 seats this weekend . . .
{1985 Vanagon GL - tan, "Bartok"}
{1986 Jetta - white, "Vanilla Chip"}
{1968 Baja Bug - multi Wink - nameless}
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RGS Paul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8 maybe 15mm long should do it, throw a washer under the head for good measure. I probably have the only middle seat in the world held down with stainless steel hardware because it was what I had on hand. The factory bolts are these weird screws with a huge head on them, I didn't bother to try and find them.

Good luck,

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SteveVanB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the size but, I have a set of the stock bolts and washers that hold the middle seat tracks to the floor. If you still need 'em, pm me!

edit:
Oh yeah, I've got the track if you need it to!
silverlunace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. That's helpful.

I think the tracks are there. Will have to check tomorrow when I pick it up from the muffler shop.

And bigsteveob, pm sent.
{1985 Vanagon GL - tan, "Bartok"}
{1986 Jetta - white, "Vanilla Chip"}
{1968 Baja Bug - multi Wink - nameless}
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
brianu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, On the topic of the tracks, does anyone know where I can find a set of the covers? My van came with the middle seats but I like to take it out now and then and would like to have the metal covers for them.

B
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: