Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A few random questions
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
travisstephens77@hotmail.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: A few random questions Reply with quote

First of all does anyone know where a product like this can be purchased? I want to use it to insulate the bus.
http://www.ancoproductsinc.com/bubble_wrap/bubble.php

Also, is it possible to remove the "skin" on the front doors or is that pretty much impossible without destroying the door. I would like to just swap the outer skin instead of all the seals etc, but it didn't look like it could be down.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: A few random questions Reply with quote

Ok, found the bubble insulation......

Still need to know about the door skins. Also, anyone have a good link for replacing the front windsheild........???

thx
wgargan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: A few random questions Reply with quote

do you mean replace just the fabric that is glued to the cardborad type thing, or replace the whole thing. you can replace the whole thing
www.type2.com

look under the teck articles, and then scroll down to windsheild replacement
good luck
lc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: A few random questions Reply with quote

thanks for the window link.

And by the door skin, I mean the outer metal of the door....
wgargan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: A few random questions Reply with quote

i have no idea about the door skin.
good luck
vwsrus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: A few random questions Reply with quote

You can repalce the whole skin of the door. It's more work than just replacing the door all together. I wouldn't be 100% sure that someone would have a unused door skin. I did have a dent in a weird place on a door and the bodyman pulled the skin and reshaped the metal for me. It's a dieing art in the US.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
toddgsanford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: A few random questions Reply with quote

if you wanted to burn a few days replacing the skin it is possible but I Would highly discourage replacing the door skin replace the whole door you can pickem up at salvage yard on the high side for about 100.00 I have thrown away about a dozen because you cant give them away at a swap meet and they are a heavy pain in the ass door seal kits from ww ar 99. per side includes everything to re do the entire door I have replaced some parts on one of my door the bottom part along the dogleg and the germans they love to spot weld on the bottom seam there is about 50 spotwelds on an american car there would be 5 alot of heat and time will be spent replacing the skin highly discourage it estimate about 15 hours if you were so inclined to do it they are too inexpensive and plentiful to do this to hope this helps
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: