Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

H4 upgrade
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
westy78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: H4 upgrade Reply with quote

Been looking at doing the upgrade to H4 headlights on my '78. I have a few questions first. Is this just a simple remove old lights and install new with the proper kit? According to the BusDepot catalog it's an easy five minute job. Should I rewire anything with a larger gauge wire? How will this effect the draw from the alternator? Basically I guess Im just wondering if there is anything I should do to avoid problems. BusDepot is selling a kit for $35 that comes with a pair of lenses, rings and bulbs. I am assuming these are not Hela's. Should I stick with Hela or is any brand just as good?

Thanks all
Jasan
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: H4 upgrade Reply with quote

You will have no problems putting them in. No problems with the electricity unless you have issues already. Light increase is like 50% or more. Hella is best. Took me 20 minutes on my Bus but mine was a custom job in that the lights I got didn't have buckets with them. No problems.
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: H4 upgrade Reply with quote

I also have a set of Hellas on my Westy. They work fine, easy to install, even for a complete idiot such as myself. Big improvement over the standard lamps that we get here in the US.

On the other hand, I also installed a set of H4's (on my Mercedes 240D) that I bought from Busdepot.com

Excellent quality, very low price, made in India (!). I have to say that the lenses are just as good as my expensive Hellas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: