Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Benn - [email protected] - Jamie Benn
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Benn
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 19, 2024
DannoT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Benn - [email protected] - Jamie Benn Reply with quote

Positive Feedback. Bought some bumper splash pans from him and all went well. Better than the picture!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TommysClassics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Buyer Beware: Jamie Benn is a Lier, Fraud, & Rip Off Art Reply with quote

Negitive Feedback
Be Sure you inspect his items for sale In Person.
I purchased a 1966 VW Bus from him for $20,000.00
Only after he had told me it had no issuses and was in "Show Car Condition" He Lied about every aspect of the VW to get the sale..
I could not inspect the VW in person because I live in Anchorage Alaska, and the Vw was in Califiorna.. I told him that I was the owner of a Auto Body Shop and that I was very picky about the condition of the cars I buy.. He told me over and over how nice the bus was, so I Pruchased it at his word..
I paid anouther $3,500 for shipping..
When It arrived ,I got a call the shipping company that they could not get it in gear to drive..I had it towed to my shop..
This was only the beging..the bus turned out to be the biggest pile of junk I have ever seen, The Motor and Trans, Completely Shot, Front Beam was Hacked up, and unusable. The frame was broken at some point and cobbled togeather, looked like they welded it with coat hanger and jumper cables..The body work and paint looked like a 10 year boy did it in a dirt driveway..,broken winshield, every thing about this bus was just junk, the only thing good was the interior, every time I go to fix something I find more and more cobbled togeather Junk..
It had 14" wheels on the back and 15" on the front..
When I called the guy on selling me a pile of junk, only remark was "You Bought it As Is"..
It is going to cost me another 20K to fix the bus right..
dp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING !!! WARNING!!!! WARNING!!!!

This guy is BAD TO DO BUSINESS WITH..He is a big liar.
Stay away from this dude and you won't have any headache.

Jeremy or Benn, will rip you up!!!!!

Few years ago, I bought a bus from him and he said the body is PERFECT!!! the bus is show quality finished "the bus is restored"
I trusted his words so I bought it with out seeing in person and IT WAS the biggest mistake I ever made..

When I got the bus from the shipper, both front doors wouldn't close properly and did not line up paint around B pillar were damaged WTF??
I thought maybe it was the hinges but no, hinges felts solid, so I look underside the bus and YES!!! I discovered that front section of my bus came from different bus which I don't mind if he would have told me the truth, what pissed me off was that he said BODY IS PERFECT!!! and it is not.
How can he say that is perfect when he try to cover the job with some kind cheap undercoating that still fresh...
Benn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Tommy's Classics Reply with quote

In regards to Tommy's Classics, once he received the bus he gave me a call and told me he liked it except for that the shipping company had broken the shifting coupler. He did not call me again to complain until a couple of months went by and then said that he had taken it to his mechanic and that the motor was barely running and that the front end was missing 1/2 the parts which is a CB performance beam with the sides cut shorter like the tell you to do! He also said that the tranny was jammed in sideways and it was a freshly rebuilt staight axle tranny from Rancho Transmissions in Anaheim! I then told him that I beleived his mechanic was taking advantage of him unless he wanted to raise it back up to stock. He then told me he would have his mechanic call me and talk to me which never happened. He did not call back till about 4 months later and still was saying the same thing that the brand new straight axle and narrow beam were not any good?? I told him that it did not make since. He blew up and we had words and have not spoken since and I don't intend to. BTW, this was the slammed, red & white bus that was shortened in the 70's and slammed on alloys! I'm sure alot of people know it!
Benn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: dp Reply with quote

In regards to dp, I have sold alot of buses and can't think of one like how you are explaining. Since you never called me after receiving it to say anything was wrong with it and it was so long ago, I can't remember what one it is so if you could please post a picture or refresh my memory I would still like to resolve it even though it has been so long. I like to make everyone happy and usually try to find the right owner for each bus! Call me anytime. Thank you, Jamie 714-420-2277

Again, I have sold many buses to alot of people in the VW community and bought at least one or two from almost every VW dealer in the VW scene and would hope that a few would come forward and share some of their positve experiences with me.
Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sold many of parts to Benn and never once had one issue with him, Always paid in time and i would deal with him any day Cool
hm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive bought, sold, and traded a lot of parts as well as cars with Jamie over the years, even before samba. Never have had one problem. I have nothing but good things to say about him. Highly recommended !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Soul Built
Pimpin' Aint Easy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie is a class act. I bought a car from him and numerous parts and I have never had an issue. He has helped me with lots of stuff too.
Hans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Great Seller!!! Reply with quote

I bought a bus from Jamie and never had a problem. It was acurately described and I didn't have any problems. He was easy to work with and very helpful and knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to buy another car from him again. Thank You for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!
53fold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH JAMIE FOR ABOUT 12 YEARS.. TRADING..BUYING. SELLING CARS AND PARTS BACK AND FOURTH.
NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH HIM . JUST DID A DEAL 2 DAYS AGO.. I GOT THE BETTER DEAL HAHA. J/K ONE OF THE MOST RESPECTED GUYS IN THE GAME.

DBK....so.cal....nor.cal...florida....las vegas... germany...france...uk..
markinsd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a hard to find type 3 passenger mirror from Jaime.. super fast shipping and was exactly as advertised.
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done several deals with Jamie, and nothing but good feedback. In fact Jamie has gone out of his way on several occasions to help me out.
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw7266
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got some goods from Jamie, everything was as described, packed well and shipped quickly!
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got another cool part I needed for my 57 & earlier convertible mirror from Jaime. I've been buying and selling from and to Jaime for year's now and he's been crazy cool with me on every deal we made with eachother from empi steering's to rare hard to get vintage vw parts. Thanks again bro Wink
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
59 renault dauphine (work in progress)
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
billwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: 1600 intake manifold Reply with quote

I purchased an intake manifold, sent the money Paypal on 7/3/12, today is the 9th and I have not been able to get a response as yet after numerous requests. Not a good way to do business. I hope the parts show up.
FastPete71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1600 intake manifold Reply with quote

billwood wrote:
I purchased an intake manifold, sent the money Paypal on 7/3/12, today is the 9th and I have not been able to get a response as yet after numerous requests. Not a good way to do business. I hope the parts show up.

And the 4th was a holiday. And I think its the 7th. Probably not around. Confused
Benn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a holiday the next day I had to get caught up at work the next day and your part went out yesterday. You should have it monday or wednesday. I have a job and I only ship once a week
billwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: intake and feedback Reply with quote

I can appreciate having a day job as do I and also work for a living. i have done buying and selling on the samba for 6 years now and I make it a priority to keep anyone who sent me money regardless of the date informed as to what is happening. You never called
, emailed or otherwise, never a mention about you shipping once a week. And once a week is not a problem but let people know your intentions. I read good feed back concerning your sales and would not let one miscommuncation finalize my opnion but give the people sending their hard earned money the courtesy of a update regarding receiving the money, shipping and so on.
VW people are good people helping each other and we all share the passion.
Respectfully,
Bill
Offy 220
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Oval rear passenger fender Reply with quote

Purchased an oval rear passenger fender from Jaime. Fender is in nice condition as he described in his ad. Definitely will purchase from him again and is great to deal with. Smile
j.simundza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Roof Rack Reply with quote

This dude abides! I just purchased a used metal rack for my Bus from Jamie. He's one cool Kat.... Thanks a lot Jamie! ✌️🚌
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: