Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

pulling out a window regulator?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andylocious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: pulling out a window regulator? Reply with quote

im having trouble pulling out the old window regulator from the driver side of my 70 bus. Has anyone or does anyone have a clue how to do this. I already took all the screws out.The little channel that stands between the big window and the little vent window is giving me a hard time. Any help would be gratly appreciated.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: pulling out a window regulator? Reply with quote

I removed it by cutting it with tin snips. But I haven't been able to replace it yet, running into same problem. I think you have to take out the vent window, there are rivits holding it in. Goodluck
andylocious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: pulling out a window regulator? Reply with quote

I was guessing the same thing! I bought the new part, but even if I cut it out How am I going to put the new one in. Im thinking the same thing about the vent window. I'll let you know if I find any new info.Thanks and good luck. By the way what year is your bus?
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: pulling out a window regulator? Reply with quote

Piece of cake. Do not cut anything and there are no rivets to touch.
Yes, you need to move the vent window. Remove the bolts at the bottom of the window and let sit at the boottom of the door. Remove the bolt at the base of the vent window. 10mm socket. Pull down the window channel at the top of the door where it meets the vent window. Look up and you will see a phillips screw. Remove it. Open the vent window. Grab the vertical bar of the vent window and pull it back. The vent window assembly will come loose and rest in the door.
With it loose, remove the regulator. With the door panel off, this whole job takes all of 15 minutes to do!
andylocious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: pulling out a window regulator? Reply with quote

Thanks alot "Aufever". I'm new to the vdub scene. I just got my '70 bus about two months ago. All I have is the engine and part of the suspension done. The interior is stripped like a cargo van. Is there anything you can recommend for a first timer such as myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
andylocious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: pulling out a window regulator? Reply with quote

Thanks alot for the advice "aufever" I did it las night and it only took me like 5 minutes to finish where I left off. I had to pull out the felt window channel to find the screw but I got it done thanks. Let see if "jlaursen" figured it out. Thanks.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: pulling out a window regulator? Reply with quote

yeah I figured it out too with that little help from aufever, I too am new to vw scene. I was going with the benetly book and they left that out. I am a little slow at times.
Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: