Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 Registry - Enter Your Type 3 Now!
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Type 3 Registry - Enter Your Type 3 Now! Reply with quote

http://www.type3registry.com

Finally, the new Type 3 Registry is back online! 2 Years in the making, the site has been completely rewritten and redesigned from scratch.

Some of the new features are:
- Modern design
- Ability to create a login/password to create new records, modify and
delete old ones
- Hold up to 4 high res pictures per VIN
- Approval system for administrator (I can deny entries for incomplete
or incorrect data)
- Really easy to use and navigate

Please take the time to goto the site and verify that your Fastback, Notchback, Squareback or Type 34 is in the Type 3 Registry.

If your Type 3 is not in the Registry currently, please register an account and place your vehicles in! It's quick and easy to do.

If your Type 3 is currently in the Registry and all the information is up to date and accurate,

If your Type 3 is currently in the Registry, but the information is out of date or you would like to change any of the information, please follow the instructions on the following page closely:
http://www.type3registry.com/contact/
I will remove the old entry from the Registry, then you can create an account and re-enter it in the Registry with the correct information and updated photos.

Thank you everybody for your patience. I know it's been a long time, and was way overdue, but with a full-time job and consulting on the side, it just did come together as fast as I had hoped. With that said, I am proud of how it came out and I encourage everybody to check it out when they get a chance.

- jacin

Last edited by hoss on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aveyinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!
I'll be adding my cars soon!

GHOSTWAGENS!
WOMAN with short dirty nails!
LesTroyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool -- I'll get both my T3's posted soon.

Les

1972 Fasty -- more or less stock (1600, FI...)
1971 Square
1966 Fasty body on IRS pan --
SpiritRT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

I'm signed up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whooooot! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that a few cars I'd submitted in the past two years haven't appeared on the registry.

Would you like that info resubmitted?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if your car is not there, please go ahead and create an account and resubmit it.

Eventually I will be able to get to the backlog of entries but the sooner you put it in the better!
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the privacy policy. Is it a generic one you copied or is it all pertinent to the Type 3 Registry? I ask because this bugs me:
Quote:

When we disclose your information
...There are also times when it may be advantageous for Type 3 Registry to make certain personal information about you available to companies that Type 3 Registry has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for Type 3 Registry to provide products and services to you on our behalf.

This means that one's personal information is NOT private and it can be given away, which basically means spam.

Personal note, privacy policies are a joke and the consumer is at the mercy of the service provider if they want anything.
The First Invasion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimmynotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air_Cooled_Nut wrote:
I read the privacy policy. Is it a generic one you copied or is it all pertinent to the Type 3 Registry? I ask because this bugs me:
Quote:

...There are also times when it may be advantageous for Type 3 Registry to make certain personal information about you available to companies that Type 3 Registry has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for Type 3 Registry to provide products and services to you on our behalf.

This means that one's personal information is NOT private and it can be given away, which basically means spam.

Personally, privacy policies are a joke and the consumer is at the mercy of the service provider if they want anything.

This concerns me too. But wait! Am I being too paranoid...? Transparent privacy policies and 'whos car is this?' threads shouldn't make me too nervous, right? Rolling Eyes

BTW, the new registry looks good. Very Happy

my wonderful loving supportive wife wrote:
You guys are dorks.

1965 1500-S Notchback --"Maggy"
1971 Type 2 Double Cab --"George"
TOOB member #2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air_Cooled_Nut wrote:
Quote:

Personal note, privacy policies are a joke and the consumer is at the mercy of the service provider if they want anything.

Yeah this was a totally generic privacy policy that my programmer put in there. I spent some time removing a ton of the other crap that made no sense and I missed this. It's being removed now.

Don't worry.. I'm not a business or anything. I'm not going to be selling or giving away any information. I hate spam and won't be wasting anybody's time giving away your personal information.

With that said, thank you for taking the time to read the entire site. Please let me know if you find anything else that I can tweak or change to make it better.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmynotch wrote:
Air_Cooled_Nut wrote:
Quote:

Personally, privacy policies are a joke and the consumer is at the mercy of the service provider if they want anything.

This concerns me too. But wait! Am I being too paranoid...? Transparent privacy policies and 'whos car is this?' threads shouldn't make me too nervous, right? Rolling Eyes ...

This has nothing to do with "who's car is this?" as address info is optional, however, email is not. With email comes spam -- read what I wrote, I specifically use the word "spam".
The First Invasion
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! The site looks GREAT!

Hey Ev, the "Font size:" function doesn't seem to be working, at least in Preview mode.
The First Invasion
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 3 cars that are the sum total of 7 cars... how do you want them registered?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
i have 3 cars that are the sum total of 7 cars... how do you want them registered?

You gotta make it hard don't ya? Very Happy
Well everything is tracked by VIN. So just enter in what VIN's you do have.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you update things to show a car being sold? One of the cars I submitted is not in the possession of Bobnotch and another will be going to someone else in another state sometime soon.

FU#3
Notched
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Nice work Jacin! I signed up and will add all my Type 3s soon. Just have to find all the VINs... Rolling Eyes

Current stock: '57 Panel Bus, '63 Rat Notch, '64 Baja, '66 Variant, '67 Convertible Ghia, '68 Squareback, '69 Squareback, '69 Fastback

Southern Oregon VW Club -- http://www.sovw.org

Oregon VW Forum -- http://www.oregonvw.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
Can you update things to show a car being sold? One of the cars I submitted is not in the possession of Bobnotch and another will be going to someone else in another state sometime soon.

Great idea. I am fixing this soon.
aveyinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are up!

Seems like you can edit your own info fairly easily.

GHOSTWAGENS!
WOMAN with short dirty nails!
Gizmobob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Jacin, just have a few suggestions. You should post the owner's name, if they do not mind. Also, you should post the actual "Type" of car. Instead of a field that says "Notchback/Sedan" or "Karmann Ghia/T34" you should list it as "Notchback/Type-312" or "Variant/Type-364", etc. This will identify RHD cars, Sunroofs, "S", "A", "N", and "L" Models, etc. There is no need to hide the last 3 numbers, not showing one number, or a fake last number, will do the trick.

Another thing that is interesting is that some people post their year incorrectly, since you are sorting them by VIN, you should just allocate the car into it's correct year. I understand that August of a previous year designated the following model year, but that was up to certain laws in some countries. Not until 1965 did VW actually list the model year into the VIN number.
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizmobob wrote:
Great job, Jacin, just have a few suggestions. You should post the owner's name, if they do not mind. Also, you should post the actual "Type" of car. Instead of a field that says "Notchback/Sedan" or "Karmann Ghia/T34" you should list it as "Notchback/Type-312" or "Variant/Type-364", etc. This will identify RHD cars, Sunroofs, "S", "A", "N", and "L" Models, etc. There is no need to hide the last 3 numbers, not showing one number, or a fake last number, will do the trick.

Another thing that is interesting is that some people post their year incorrectly, since you are sorting them by VIN, you should just allocate the car into it's correct year. I understand that August of a previous year designated the following model year, but that was up to certain laws in some countries. Not until 1965 did VW actually list the model year into the VIN number.

I will be double checking the model years with the VIN's when the get submitted from now on so it won't be a problem. I found one entry for a notch in australia being listed as a '64 model year but has a '65 VIN and have fixed it. I will do the same for the rest of the legacy entries when I get a chance.

As far as the model information, that was suggested by another member earlier today and I would love to do that in the next round of updates, but may not happen for a little bit.

Do we have a list of all the Type's somewhere that I can use?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: